8 Hour initial charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctroop

Moved On
Jan 8, 2010
Ohio
Hello. My first pv arrived today. I purchased two Joye 510 starter kits. One kit each for my wife and I. After reading the instructions, I see that it wants each battery to be charged for 8 hours. It says to do this even if the light turns green. After charging for about 20 minutes both chargers had the green light come on. Ok now for my questions. Are these batteries still charging with the green light on? After the initial charge, do you use the light to tell you if the battery is charged.

It may sound like I am being impatient, which I am. I am fine waiting for the eight hours since my juice that I ordered at the same time has yet to even ship.
I am just trying to understand how this thing works.

Thanks

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
Are these batteries still charging with the green light on? After the initial charge, do you use the light to tell you if the battery is charged.

No, and yes.

No need to charge after the light turns green. The 8 hour initial charge is left over from old battery formats. Li ion bats have no "memory"

soylent

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
cincy, oh
I believe most all e-cig and other chargers trip the green light when the battery has hit the set max voltage... meaning it will no longer charge.

Also, I read the same thing with mine. I didn't even charge my first battery before vaping it dead, but I let the second one charge for 4+ hours. There was no noticeable difference between the two after later chargers.

So vape away. :D

Ctroop

Moved On
Jan 8, 2010
Ohio
They could have been Pre Charged for you-Maybe? What Site did you buy them from ? Dont forget to blow the primer out of the atomizer for a few seconds- using a napkin rolled up into the coil end to absorb it..

Im not sure if they were already charged or not. I purchased them from Cignot. When you say to blow out the primer, do you mean to put the atty to my mouth and blow on it? Should I see something come out of it when I do this?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ctroop

Moved On
Jan 8, 2010
Ohio
Ok I just pulled one off of the charger, blew out the atty, and loaded one of the marlboro flavor that came with it. I must not have gotten all of the stuff out of the atty, because my first 2 hits made me cough and produced no vapor. My third hit worked great. It didnt make me cough and produced a real cloud. I am really surprised by how much vapor came out of this thing. Ok I am now sure that I love this thing. I am real glad I found this site.

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
Terri and Vicki charge them?? sweet so just vape untill i run out awesome. just got mine as well. one blue manual and one red manual. i love it. it does make your mouth burn a little hopefully that seizes eventually.

Yep, got mine 2 days ago and they charged in less then 5 min, maybe 2.

As far as the mouth burning? um, maybe you should switch to VG, I don't have that issue.

I bought my 808 kit from goodprophets and didnt charge either batt before vaping them both dead. I charge until the light turns green and then change out batts whether my current batt is dead or not. Usually by the time i go to check if the other batt is charged im starting to lose flavor/vapor anyways. Works well for me not that I have had alot of experience. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread