6v Top Feeder Juice Box and How To

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried posting this in the modders forum, but since all I have done is read threads instead of posting them, I am only able to post here! And it wont let me post pictures either!!! If you wanna see pictures you can go to MadVapes How To section. I have been vaping for 7 weeks and 3 days, got sick of the standard batteries and carts really quick, I have built a few flashlight mods, including a Double Atty mod which is pretty sweet! Then my old man, who got me started on vaping, built me a 14500 bottom feed juicbox mod in a 2AA box, pretty much only use that now, and my RN4062 cigar for back up, but here is my new toy!!!!!! Sorry....forum wont let me upload pics....

Not sure if anyone has done this yet, but I havent seen it in the 6v version yet, so here it is! It's a VAPOR MONSTER!!!!

Supplies:
2AA Box without switch (MadVapes)
510 Sealed Connector (MadVapes)
2 CR2 3v Batteries (MadVapes)
3ml dropper bottle without childproof cap (MadVapes)
Switch of your preference. I forgot to order one from MadVapes so I went to radioshack and picked out the highest amp rated smallest switch I could find.
I would liked to have used teflon tubing for this but didn't have any available, so I went to HobbyTown and bought 1/16 size copper tubing.
JB Weld Local Auto Supply Store
Tools:
Soldering Iron
Solder
Dremel
11/32 Drill Bit
1/16 drill bit
How To:
Remove ALL metal battery connectors and wires, set aside the 2 connectors that have wires soldered to them.
Using the dremel, remove ALL plastic tabs inside, and shave the left side of the screw mount with a dremel almost to the threads, this is so that the CR2 can fit and you will also be able to use the cover, although I do not use the cover because it is too tight of a fit for me, and the only way to hold it on is a screw, so I just leave it off.
Shave or cut off the metal "lip" that is covering the positive + connection on your 510 connector, I do this with all of my connectors, mainly because I am so used to making flashlight mods, and it gives you a little more space to work with, but in this case it is so that you can fit the switch.
For the 510 connector hole, I used the existing hole in the box and just hand drilled with my step up drill bit to the 11/32 size. Doing this, the hole will eventually eliminate the outside plastic support, this is where the JB Weld comes in, in a bit.
Take your 2 battery connectors with wires and move the wires from the back of the connector, to the front of the connector, once this is done, mix up a little bit of JB Weld and apply to the back of each connector and put into box, so that I didnt have to hold them tight while the JB cured, I just put my 2 CR2's in there for the pressure, of course making sure there was no excess JB that would contact the batteries.
Once the Jb cures on the battery connections, "test" fit your 510 connector into place, cut the red or + side wire to length, and solder to center post of connector. as you can see in the photos, i wrapped mine underneath and around, once this is done, mix up a little bit more JB Weld, for this one, I let the JB set for about a miute before applying, that way its a little thicker and easier to handle, and put yourconnector into place, to make sure it was straight, I put a 510 atty and cart on, also made it easier to apply pressure while you are waiting for the JB to cure.
Take an empty 3ml bottle without the cap on and set it into place, now depending on the switch you use, will depend where you put it. Since I used copper tubing as my feeder, I had no choice but to put mine just above the bottle on the left side, again using the step up drill bit just until i got to the correct size for the switch, install the swith and make it so the connections run parallel with the neg - wire running along side the left side of the bottle. Measure, cut, tin, and solder your negative connection thru your switch and on to the neg - side of the 510 connector.
Now would be a good time to do a test run, just to make sure your connections are solid
Using a 1/16 drill bit, drill a hole in (if looking from the top of box) the top right corner of the box, this hole is for your feeder tube, drill a hole in you cartridge, and make the hole in the tip of your bottle bigger as well, using the same drill bit.
Now if you are using Teflon tubing, fill up your 3ml bottle, install your tubing, run it up thru the box into the cart, squeeze and vape away!!!!
If you use the copper tubing, like I did, just take your time, I made little bends at a time, and eventually it was a perfect fit!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Hello (unpronounceable screen name), Is this mod something madvapes has directions for on their site? I've been focusing on making my pipe mods look good (I decorate them with wooden veneers) but I have been looking for something like a juice box in HV.
I live in a rural area and have to drive an hour to get to lots of places so I need something that holds lots of juice. I'm fooling around with cartomizers but they don't do well at 6V.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Thanx Sgood, bookmarked it. I can see how bending that tiny copper tubing might be a bit of a challenge. Looks really good though. This might just solve my vaping and driving problem. I've been trying out cartos for that purpose and I don't really care for either the 510s or the kr808s. No flavor. Hope I can find time to do one of these soon.

Hello all, thanks for the kind words! It took me about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get everything exactly where I wanted it, I'm still a noob at these box mods, im sure since Ive done one, I could probably make one a lot faster now! Been using it for 5 days now, and no problems to report at all! Thanks SGOOD for posting the link to madvapes! It has definately solved my "drip and drive" problem! Was using these batteries in my flashlight mod and dripping, this box is soooo much easier! and safer! Also for vaping an driving..... I really recommend the RN4062 E-cigar, the carts are huge, and the 10440 batteries last quite a while, I can usually get mine to last at least 5 hours, the vapor and flavor production are great, I plan on making a mod with the atty from one of my three, hopefully in the near future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread