Not open for further replies.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Shatner,

To assess this properly I'm going to have to get a few more details from you as there are many factors which could be causing this so here are a few questions:

What type of atomiser are you using?

What resistance is your atomiser?

Have the 5V batteries always only given you 30 mins or has it got worse recently?

Did you charge all of the batteries for 6hrs + ?

What liquid are you using, and how thick is it as this can cause extra resistance?

As an indicator, how many hours do you get from an Ego battery?

Is there a possibility to check the voltage of the battery after charging so we can see if the charger is faulty?

That should be enough for starters - get back to me when you have a chance and we'll go from there.... :)

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Hi Shatner,

To assess this properly I'm going to have to get a few more details from you as there are many factors which could be causing this so here are a few questions:

What type of atomiser are you using?

What resistance is your atomiser?

Have the 5V batteries always only given you 30 mins or has it got worse recently?

Did you charge all of the batteries for 6hrs + ?

What liquid are you using, and how thick is it as this can cause extra resistance?

As an indicator, how many hours do you get from an Ego battery?

Is there a possibility to check the voltage of the battery after charging so we can see if the charger is faulty?

That should be enough for starters - get back to me when you have a chance and we'll go from there.... :)

I'm using Joye 510 atties

Normal resistance

I got about 4 hour from a Tornado battery

Sorry, I don't have a multimeter

Any ohter questions you can think of, ask and I'll answer. Hope that helped.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I'm using Joye 510 atties

Normal resistance

I got about 4 hour from a Tornado battery

Sorry, I don't have a multimeter

Any ohter questions you can think of, ask and I'll answer. Hope that helped.

Hi Shatner,

It could well be your charger isn't working correctly but until we know the voltage of a charged battery we won't know for sure.

Another thing I thought of is if your device isn't clean on threads etc it could run down the battery quicker.

It definitely sounds to me as though the batteries aren't being charged enough but it also sounds as though you are a very heavy user if you only get 4 hours from a tornego battery.

Without knowing the charge voltage it is difficult.... i mean we could send you out another charger but we don't know if this is definitely the root of the problem.

In the meantime, please charge the batteries for the recommended length of time over the next couple of days (6hours +) and let me know if there is any improvement at all.

If you have any other ideas as to what might be causing the problem, please let me know. :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Ok, I've given all my bats a few full 8 hour charge and the discharge rate is staying the same. It's great vapor for about 30 minutes then it just dies out.

Could I have messed the bats up with an improper first charge?

How long did you charge the batteries first off?

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi shatner, :)

My only guess now is that your charger is faulty - 30 minutes even for a heavy user just doesn't make sense....

I'll get a replacement charger shipped out asap if you could just email me your address details to: admin@smokejuice.co.uk

Thanks in advance and apologies for the inconvenience. :(

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
So you're thinking it's the charger over the 4 batteries? Even though i have 2 chargers? Just curious. :)

I hadn't realised you had two chargers.... that makes it a little less likely that both chargers are faulty.

Speaking to other fairly heavy users, they are getting around 3-4 hours. I consider myself to be a moderate user and I get around 5-6 hours.

Another question - how long is your draw time.... I generally only draw for 2-4 seconds but if it's much more than that, it could be really eating into battery life especially if you are a particularly heavy user.

Another question - is the mains voltage standard where you are - I guess that would be 110 V for USA. Something I thought of is UK mains voltage is 240V - I don't know if this would make a difference to charging time?

Did you have any luck with a multimeter? This would provide an immediate answer - this one seemed like a good price ($4.49) from Amazon: Amazon.com: Digital Amp Ohm Volt Meter Ac Dc Voltmeter Multimeter: Home Improvement

Alternatively try your local Radio shack - they're bound to have one on special for a fair price.

I would thoroughly recommend any mod/ecig user out there to get one - I'd be lost without mine and they provide instant answers when it comes to dead atomisers/batteries etc. :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
what type of batteries does it use? li-ion? nicad? nimh?

all have different charging requirements

Hi o4_srt, :)

The mako maksi can take either:

14650 li-ion 3.7V or
5V NIMH custom battery

The one we are discussing is the 5V NIMH battery which comes with its own special charger and generally requires around 6 hours or best left charging overnight. :)

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Hi o4_srt, :)

The mako maksi can take either:

14650 li-ion 3.7V or
5V NIMH custom battery

The one we are discussing is the 5V NIMH battery which comes with its own special charger and generally requires around 6 hours or best left charging overnight. :)

ah ok. makes sense now, I was thinking li-ion at first.

OP, are you completely draining the NiMH batteries before recharging them?

NiMH battery care

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I hadn't realised you had two chargers.... that makes it a little less likely that both chargers are faulty.

Speaking to other fairly heavy users, they are getting around 3-4 hours. I consider myself to be a moderate user and I get around 5-6 hours.

Another question - how long is your draw time.... I generally only draw for 2-4 seconds but if it's much more than that, it could be really eating into battery life especially if you are a particularly heavy user.

Another question - is the mains voltage standard where you are - I guess that would be 110 V for USA. Something I thought of is UK mains voltage is 240V - I don't know if this would make a difference to charging time?

Did you have any luck with a multimeter? This would provide an immediate answer - this one seemed like a good price ($4.49) from Amazon: Amazon.com: Digital Amp Ohm Volt Meter Ac Dc Voltmeter Multimeter: Home Improvement

Alternatively try your local Radio shack - they're bound to have one on special for a fair price.

I would thoroughly recommend any mod/ecig user out there to get one - I'd be lost without mine and they provide instant answers when it comes to dead atomisers/batteries etc. :)

My draw time is ~2-4 seconds.

We have 110V, but I don't believe it'd make a difference. I'm planning on getting a multimeter, I'm just on a very tight budget and a fixed income. Thanks for that link. I'll pick it up next week.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
My draw time is ~2-4 seconds.

We have 110V, but I don't believe it'd make a difference. I'm planning on getting a multimeter, I'm just on a very tight budget and a fixed income. Thanks for that link. I'll pick it up next week.

Okay no problem Shatner well do let us know when you get those batteries tested - would be great to get to the bottom of this... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread