56 days of being smoke free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0Nin

Nov 23, 2017
Hello guys, I was a smoker for about 20 years and have just started vaping about 56 days ago. All was not perfect but I endured all the caveats of vaping. Currently I'm enjoying temperature control on both a single coil RDA and a MTL RTA but I am having some issues using it on a single coil and dual coil RTAs. I have no clue on what to do. I have no issues on my single coil RDA and MTL tank. Thank you!

PS.
The RTAs I'm having trouble with are the Reload RTA and the Geekvape Zeus. The mod that I'm using is the HCigar VT167.

r0Nin

Nov 23, 2017
Welcome to the ECF r0Nin. And Good Deal on 56 Days Smoke Free.

What type of Issues are you having?

Hi sir thanks for the reply. I can't get a good vape from them. When using Reload RTA with SS316L dual coil fused claptons I get inconsistent vape and sometimes get a dry hit when using IPV Vesta and when using the HCigar I get Temperature Protected warning. When using Geekvape Zeus all I get is vapor and no flavor unlike when using it in power mode. Thanks again!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi sir thanks for the reply. I can't get a good vape from them. When using Reload RTA with SS316L dual coil fused claptons I get inconsistent vape and sometimes get a dry hit when using IPV Vesta and when using the HCigar I get Temperature Protected warning. When using Geekvape Zeus all I get is vapor and no flavor unlike when using it in power mode. Thanks again!

You have Lots of things going on. Let me give you some Generalities that I hope will help.

Some People just prefer Single Coil Set-Ups over Dual Coil Set-Ups. Especial those who place Flavor over Clouds. So it might be that for the Hit you are looking for, a Single Coil works better.

---

An Inconsistent Hit and or Dry Hits is usually because of Poor Wicking or Too High of a Wattage. Or Both.

Wicking can be Improved by changing your Wicking Tech. More Cotton/Less Cotton. Or if the e-Liquid is a thick, High VG e-Liquid, by thinning it slightly with a Few Drops of PG or Water.

Of course, turning down the Wattage is the Simplest thing to do. But Multi-Wire Coils like a Fused Clapton tend to need more wattage to Heat Up the Large Coil Mass.

---

Temperature Protection Warnings are Normal. It just means that the Coil is trying to Exceed the Temp Limit you have set. And that TC is Working.

What Temperature Limit are you using?

---

Overall Frustration and just not getting a Good Hit.

Sometimes too many things are going on to know what is Cause/Problem/Solution. My Advice is to just run in Power Mode for the Time Being. That Eliminates all the possible Snafus that TC can cause.

And just use Plane Old SS Single Wire Coils.

Get them all Dialed in by experimenting with your Wicking and Wattages. Then, when you know they work well, try them in TC Mode.

---

Simplify things is a Great Way to Figure Out what is going on. If you run in Power Mode with a Single Wire Coil(s), there is a Lot Less that can go wrong.

Hope this Helps. And have a Great Thanksgiving.

r0Nin

Nov 23, 2017
Thank you again for the reply. The Temperature I'm using is between 415F-450F. What I'm currently doing is I have a MTL for when I don't want to blow clouds, sort of a stealth vape, Single coil RDA to enjoy the imported juices that I have because it's quite expensive here in my country to make them an all day vape. I wanted to use the Recoil RTA when I'm with fellow vapers but don't want to get a dry hit. I bought the Zeus thinking that it would work like the single coil RDA but I don't get the vape when using power mode. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with using the RTAs?

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you again for the reply. The Temperature I'm using is between 415F-450F. What I'm currently doing is I have a MTL for when I don't want to blow clouds, sort of a stealth vape, Single coil RDA to enjoy the imported juices that I have because it's quite expensive here in my country to make them an all day vape. I wanted to use the Recoil RTA when I'm with fellow vapers but don't want to get a dry hit. I bought the Zeus thinking that it would work like the single coil RDA but I don't get the vape when using power mode. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with using the RTAs?

415 ~ 450F sounds like a Reasonable Range. Don't see any big problems there.

I could just be that you Don't Like or Can't Get the Zeus to work the way you want it to? I have a drawer full of stuff that has Great Reviews, or Looked like they should Work Great, but they don't.

Like I said, I would Try running a Single Wire SS Coil and see if it works better.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Welcome @r0Nin and I hope you enjoy your stay! Before you know it you will be saying it is 112 days.

286367-Happy-Thanksgiving-To-All.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF and congrats on quitting. Usually when I hear dry or inconsistent hits, I think wicking issues. You may need a little less in your coil, but fan/feather it slightly less, and see how that turns out. I think some of these things are going to be trial and error. Could look at your airflow as well. You've also gotten lots of good suggestions above. I am in agreement than when starting with an RTA, sometimes a simple one coil build is best to start with as you are getting your feet under you.

Good luck,

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
I vape RDA's just because I believe their taste can not be improved on. I have read that some folks claim their tanks are equal and some claim give better taste than an RDA's. The information below may help you solve some of your tank problems.
Might like to read:
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...atomizers-for-new-vapists-how-they-work.5250/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread