510-T VS. Cartomizer: Need input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestran

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Rhode Island
I tried the 510 cartomizers and did not like it. No flavor and no Throat hit. Now I am looking at the 510-T stuff but it appears to be a cartomizer that is in two pieces?

Am I incorrect in this observation?
Anyone use both that could provide a comparison?

I would love to get away from teab bagging the 510 but the cartomizers left a bad taste in my mouth (literally).

Haadkoe

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2011
I've never used a cartomizer, but the 510-t is an atty with a spike inside it. The spike pokes into the tank, and the wick inside the spike draws the e-liquid into the atomizer. Flavor is a bit muted compared to direct dripping, but it's reasonably close imho. Throat hit is a tiny bit lessened compared to direct dripping, but again, not too far off. In my experience the 510-t tastes pretty good, unless you happen to run it out of juice and keep vaping until the atty is completely dry, in which case it'll taste like burnt atty. Not really an issue for me since the tanks are clear, just keep an eye on it and as soon as you notice vapor production and flavor start to decline the tank is probably empty and needs to be swapped out for a full one. The tanks hold a little less than 1ml, and come with little rubber caps which fit over the atty end of them so you can carry spares with you without having to worry about your juice leaking out.

Now the eGo-T on the other hand is a different animal (not that you asked about it, but still). It's the same thing in theory, but the tanks are larger which is kind of nice. On the other hand, they have wicking issues, leaking issues, the mouthpieces fall apart and become useless, and they provide much less flavor and throat hit compared to the 510-t. I have both, and I use the 510-t tanks and atties on my e-Go batteries and passthrough. YMMV.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
I tried my best with the 510-T. I just couldn't get used to it. It was stiff and dry-tasting. Even when I thought it was getting good, it just never broke in. Also, I kept breaking the cartridge caps. That caused leaking and was a hassle as well.

Cartos for the 510 (regular standard resistence) I couldn't stand at all. No TH, flavor, or vapor.

I use carts right now but alas, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to an eGo and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Gonna use LR cartos since those work well. I wish I could use LR stuff on 510 batts but I can't...

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
If you are talking about the ego tank I didn't like the stiff draw and no flavor.

The 510 tank if this is what you are talking about I have not used. It is essentially a cart designed not to use filler material.

Filler Cartomizers are all troubled by the taste imparted by the filler and burning which can happen if run too dry. I personally use fillerless cartomizers which gives the best of both worlds.

I use These Which hold a good amount of liquid and give great flavor and vapor. I use the xl 2.6-2.8ohm versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread