510-T Atomozer Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Hi all ;)

I went ahead and purchased a 510-T kit because I love the ideal of filling a tank and not messing with carts. Anyway, the kit came with 2, 220 MAH batteries and 2 atomizers. The atomizers have the gold band that says, "510-T". They work very well but boy do they get hot. Ouch! LOL. I ordered a couple more for another place and they don't say 510-T. They don;t get as hot but they do not work as well. Anyway, I need to learn ... what is the difference between low, normal and high resistance? Also, which type comes with the gold band? I'd rather not have the gold band but I do want it to say 510-T to be sure they are not knock offs.

Thanks!!
D

Last edited:

jenn4stars

Jul 11, 2012
Lincoln
I'll be waiting for anyone to answer, too. I ordered a (non-branded, clearance priced) regular atomizer, not low-resistance, and it doesn't get nearly as hot as the one that came with my starter kit. However, it also doesn't seem to work quite as well, either. Purchases with my next paycheck are going to include 2 new branded atomizers, one "normal" & one low resistance as well as a pass through.

Vampirecat019

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kalispell, MT
www.facebook.com
WARNING! It is NOT recommended to use LR atomizers with Regular batteries! From what I've read, your battery life will be drastically shortened and or/permanent battery damage will result. See Here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...bout-low-resistance-specific-batteries-6.html

-Here is a pretty great explanation of Low Resistance/High Voltage atomizers, and why one might choose to use them, as well as how they work, their differences, and a nice beginner's guide to vaping electronics. (It's not boring!)
FAQ: What are these HV and LR attys? Do I need them? Are they safe to use? | Vaping Guides to the Electronic Cigarette

-Here is a guide to batteries/atomizers concerning LR/HV and which batteries/attys are compatible with each other!
Helpful Chart For Pairing Atomizer Resistance To Battery Volts - Help It Broke! - Technical Issues - Vapor Talk E Cig Forum

All brands/sites/posts are copyright of their respective owners. :)

PS- I've got a newly purchased, standard-resistance Joye 510-T kit. It has the gold bands and says JoyeTech on the batteries. The Joye LR 510T attys I've seen do not have the band, but I'm not sure if that means anything.

I imagine that the atomizers are getting so hot because they have such a small area in which to heat up the juice, but are getting so much normal 510 power. Mine have a stiffer draw than a regular old-school 510 kit, and don't produce my expected levels of vapor no matter the juice. I'm actually disappointed in the performance, and have purchased "Hybrid Cartomizers" for the kit, but this isn't a review, so I'll can it. Enjoy the links!

Last edited:

jenn4stars

Jul 11, 2012
Lincoln
Thank you, Vampirecat019! I will definitely check those links out! When you make the choice to switch from analogs to vaping, it seems so simple. Then you find out there's a ton to learn, and it's hard to find much specific to 510-T attys. Someone suggested watching YouTube videos; I did for a few hours yesterday & learned very little. I simply don't have time to sit & watch videos LOL; I need info to read & learn! :) Thanks again!

Vampirecat019

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kalispell, MT
www.facebook.com
Thank you, Vampirecat019! I will definitely check those links out! When you make the choice to switch from analogs to vaping, it seems so simple. Then you find out there's a ton to learn, and it's hard to find much specific to 510-T attys. Someone suggested watching YouTube videos; I did for a few hours yesterday & learned very little. I simply don't have time to sit & watch videos LOL; I need info to read & learn! :) Thanks again!

Haha, I wish we all had more time to watch videos!

Hope I could help a little. The small world of vaping is pretty huge, and it can be daunting. I'm about to pick up an 808 VOLT kit from Smokeless Image. Solid, popular reviews, and good prices. I am trying to simplify my vaping experience whilst I am at work, which 50% of is travel-time.

PS-Although I enjoy these new CE2 510 Ultimate clearomizers (MicroCig) at home (which you may want to try on your 510 batteries!) they just aren't convenient to refill on the go, so it's back to cartos. I'll probably get some XL clearos for the KR808-2 as well, but for now I'm going to enjoy some prefilled Hybrid cartos and go!

Last edited:

Photon55

Jul 5, 2012
Florida
Dawn I hear you. I also bought a Ego 510-T starter kit for my first go at vaping. The batts that came with mine are 900mah
(Milliamp hours). That speaks to the amount of current or power flow of electricity that comes out of the battery. The batts are 3.7volts. Without going further into the physics the voltage, amperage and resistance all have a role in vaping. I have not heard of a 220mah batt, but if so it is very low in energy punch. Sooooo...it's gonna drain your batt quickly. What to do? Buy yourself any 510 batt with over 650man, like 1000. This will have the current to sustain operation of your atty. The atty is considered "high resistance" and will require lots of current (mah) to fire your rig up, given the voltage is the same. The eGo-T atty is what it is, hot.

Personally I spent so much time fiddling with the T system, I finally gave in and got the Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer from Smok Tech. Why? The T gave me too many dry hits and cleaning them is a royal pain. The cartridges that hold the juice don't seem to drip properly and I was not satisfied with the quantity of vapor produced. The Dual Coil is lower resistance and once filled I vape all day without a dry hit. Much more satisfying.

About the Gold band thing. Most retailers you buy vaping products are simply resellers from a few manufacturers in China. I'm not knocking anyone, that's just the way it is. Go with the retailer you get the best service from, but product loyalty is vague when several companies are selling from the same manufacturer. The key is buy 510 compatible stuff. That will insure you have the correct screw threads to mate with your batt. Sorry for the ramble, but you asked.

Currently I'm vaping the eGo-C variable voltage batt set at 4.0v and the Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer. It's like a totally new level of vaping. Like I said earlier; vape all day with one fill and never a dry hit. I not marketing for anyone, just a noobie like yourself. Hope this helps.

My 510-T setup is the XL auto battery and standard 510-T atty. All are branded Joyetech with their logo. The atty has the gold band with the brand and 510-T, (the standard 510 I use for dripping just has the brand, and the gold band). The atty does get hot after 3-4 long draws (4 seconds), trying the standard 510 it is a little cooler. I'm just going to speculate here for a bit: It seems the 510-T has the steel bridge nippled up into the spike plate, plus the spike plate leaves less area open for circulation in addition to coupling more heat to the case, hence the 510-T gets hotter. I'll take one of my used ones down and remove the plate and see if that changes the thermal character of the atty to confirm speculation. If anyone here has already done this please share your findings.
Since I use the 510-T for night or high nic fixes getting hot isn't an issue since I'm usually able to rest it between hits anyway. I would be really annoyed if I was hitting it more frequently.

skydvejam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
New Sweden, Maine
OK I have just got back into vaping, but it was with the 510-t that I got off the analogs and here is what I have been using and have experienced so far. It has been hit or miss on the attys, out of 7 that I have got so far, 4 are wonderful 3 not so much. All of the wonderful ones have the gold band and mine get hot, but I am using them at 5-6 volts so I am pushing them a lot harder. I have cleaned all of them once, my main ones three times using 151 rum. I am also vaping mainly light colors.
I got the kit from my freedom smokes for filling carto's and it works great for cleaning these attys as well. I noticed that I had to remove the whole center piece to make the carts work right. I have also tried carto's and still do not like them since I am a HV user. I have now started to experiment with high cap tanks and have not found one that works as well as the 510-T's yet.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
My 510-T setup is the XL auto battery and standard 510-T atty. All are branded Joyetech with their logo. The atty has the gold band with the brand and 510-T, (the standard 510 I use for dripping just has the brand, and the gold band). The atty does get hot after 3-4 long draws (4 seconds), trying the standard 510 it is a little cooler. I'm just going to speculate here for a bit: It seems the 510-T has the steel bridge nippled up into the spike plate, plus the spike plate leaves less area open for circulation in addition to coupling more heat to the case, hence the 510-T gets hotter. I'll take one of my used ones down and remove the plate and see if that changes the thermal character of the atty to confirm speculation. If anyone here has already done this please share your findings.
Since I use the 510-T for night or high nic fixes getting hot isn't an issue since I'm usually able to rest it between hits anyway. I would be really annoyed if I was hitting it more frequently.
That clears it up, thanks!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I've bought 510-t atties from 3 places: Cignot, My Freedom Smokes, and Totally Wicked.

The atties from Cignot and Totally Wicked work fine. The atties from My Freedom Smokes get hot very suddenly after just a few hits off them. I've retired them to the emergency stash.

They all have the gold band. I assume the hot ones are lower resistance. They certainly didn't say they were LR though. So, I'm not sure what's wrong with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread