510 batteries and battery duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
I currently have in my possession four different versions of the 510 battery... automatic, manual long with no LED, manual short with no LED and manual short with LED. I have a feeling the manual long battery is no longer being produced.

I am erratic with my vaping, so I'm interested to hear from anyone who monitors these things more closely how long the charge lasts for the manual short battery with or without LED compared to the manual long...

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
As I have nothing to compare them too all I can say is Im pretty happy with the Manual No LED Batts I use... I run 4 battery's and use this thing exclusivly pretty steady and I figure I average 2-3 hours per battery before a re-charge... When I first got them all I was religious to charge them for 8 hours then use for 20 mins and charge for another hour as the manual advises and have had good luck... I do have 1 battery that doesnt seem to hold a charge for very long but I contacted Jason @ ElectroNicStix and he was quick to offer a replacement for what I think is just a rare bad battery for this model... Keep in mind ya hafta buy a kit from him for him to replace one but he was quick to offer a replacement...

Last edited:

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
I have the manual batteries without LED, probably short since they were purchased recently. I am getting much shorter use time than others -- probably one hour, maybe little more.

Interesting, I am worried that this will be the case. The long battery is about 70mm and the short battery is about 65mm.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Now my question for those not having the best of luck with usage times did you follow the instructions to charge a full 8 hours then use for 20 mins then charge for another hour before using them on a regular basis also the instructions reccomend that even should the light turn green that charging should be no less than an hour even if the light is green on the charger... I also tend to let mine charge even longer usually between 2-4 hours each time and I work these things hard and still get a good 2-3 hours out of them...

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
did you follow the instructions to charge a full 8 hours then use for 20 mins then charge for another hour before using them on a regular basis also the instructions reccomend that even should the light turn green that charging should be no less than an hour even if the light is green on the charger...

Yes, and I should say that the batteries have dropped off to perform for an hour to an hour and a half after owning them for two months. They lasted longer when I first purchased them... probably 3 to 4 hours in the beginning

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Well like anything batterys wont last forever my BlackBerry used to hold a charge for 2-3 days now after a lil less than a year of use I hafta charge it nightly... Good news is there will be a passthru available in May from ElectoNicStix for only 25 bucks you can even pre-order them now get that with a Kensington Power Pack and youll never worry about battery life again while out n about...

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
Good news is there will be a passthru available in May from ElectoNicStix for only 25 bucks you can even pre-order them now get that with a Kensington Power Pack and youll never worry about battery life again while out n about...

Janty is selling them now. I don't worry about it too much I use my Screwdriver or magnum mod when away from the house so my Dura is for around the house mostly.

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
My long manuals were about 4hr continuous for about 3wks. Now about 2hrs continuous. Haven't used the manual short other than during the 8hr charge/20 min vape/1hr charge yet. Been breaking in a new 901 and had 2 other 510 batts to do initial charge on so haven't really gotten to it.

Always have the one I'm smoking and a PCC with everything when I go out so I don't sweat the batt life too much. Annoying at home for long vape sessions, but I've got enough batts and chargers at this point that while I may have 2-3 on chargers, I've still got more I can be using. Probably will add a passthrough though.

heathmcse

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
Roanoke VA
a few days ago all of my batteries started to go dead really quickly (less than an hour of use). i have 5 of them 4 auto and 2 manual. i had noticed the atomizer i was using was getting very hot and it was burnig up liquid like crazy. i switched to a new atomzer and my batteries went back to normal 4 to 5 hour use! so i tried cleaning it but that didnt help. i tested it on an OHM meter and it was only showing 1.5 ohms, it was pulling way too much current from the battery and that is why they started to die. a new 510 atomizer read 2.2 ohms on the same meter

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
Now my question for those not having the best of luck with usage times did you follow the instructions to charge a full 8 hours then use for 20 mins then charge for another hour before using them on a regular basis also the instructions reccomend that even should the light turn green that charging should be no less than an hour even if the light is green on the charger...

I first charged every battery for 12 hours, used for 20 mins and charged again for another hour. I should be getting a new kit from a different supplier next week so I'll see if that will make any difference.

... Good news is there will be a passthru available in May from ElectoNicStix for only 25 bucks you can even pre-order them now get that with a Kensington Power Pack...

What do you mean by Kensington Power Pack? The only thing I see on Amazon is something for Iphone. Do you have a link?

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
... Kensington Power Pack - Kensington - Portable Power Pack for Select Mobile Devices - Black - K38021
That with the new USB PassThru's and youll never worry about a charged battery ever again...

Thank you for the link! It was even on sale with free shipping, so I ordered one to try. I also found it on Amazon this time, using the model number to search. Amazon lists the product dimensions as 6.1 x 2.5 x 8.1 inches ; 3 pounds. I really hope it is smaller than that. :)

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Thank you for the link! It was even on sale with free shipping, so I ordered one to try. I also found it on Amazon this time, using the model number to search. Amazon lists the product dimensions as 6.1 x 2.5 x 8.1 inches ; 3 pounds. I really hope it is smaller than that. :)

Its not big at all Id say bout the size of a BlackBerry Curve, Amazon is most likely listing the dimensions of the product in its packaging...

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
I was examining my batteries and I noticed that some of them have what I assume to be the date of manufacture stamped in the round brass contact point inside the battery. Some of mine say 0309, some say 0409 and some have no stamp.

I was trying to figure out how to tell my Janty batteries from my non-Janty batteries... of the 4 Janty manual batteries I have received, the only one that had the Janty logo on it was DOA and I returned it. Anyone know any other way to tell a Janty battery from a non-Janty battery? (other than the Janty not having an LED on the new short manual version, but I don't know if that is now exclusive to Janty or not?)

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
I just got a 501 from Totallywicked, with one manual and one automatic battery. The first one I tried was the automatic battery and it was working great, there seemed to be no cutoff on it at all and the atomizer was just sizzling and getting a great amount of vaper. After using it a while I could only get a 3 second hit off it, so I figured I should recharge it. After a long recharge I tried it again and from the get go it was cutting off after 3 seconds.

So since this is my first experience with a 501 I have no idea what I should be expecting from the automatic battery. Does it have a cutoff of 3 secs or should it be working like when I first tried it when I never hit a cutoff ?

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I just got a 501 from Totallywicked, with one manual and one automatic battery. The first one I tried was the automatic battery and it was working great, there seemed to be no cutoff on it at all and the atomizer was just sizzling and getting a great amount of vaper. After using it a while I could only get a 3 second hit off it, so I figured I should recharge it. After a long recharge I tried it again and from the get go it was cutting off after 3 seconds.

So since this is my first experience with a 501 I have no idea what I should be expecting from the automatic battery. Does it have a cutoff of 3 secs or should it be working like when I first tried it when I never hit a cutoff ?

The reason I bought the 510 in the first place was to get the manual battery's I cant stand a micro chip telling me how long a drag I can take so my 510 kits all came with double manual battery's... the other benefit to manual batt's is they are sealed so dripping wont damage your battery's... My advice swap out the auto batt ya got for the manual version...

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com

When I look at my auto batt where it meets the atomizer, I see '0209' stamped on the inner ring I assume that's a manufacturing date/batch number. Clean the connection out with a Q-tip that's slightly damp with rubbing alcohol. This will help the connection. As for draw technique... try drawing light as possible and increasingly draw harder. My white auto 510 w/LED battery doesn't have a cutoff that I can realistically reach. BUT it can stop if you're not inhaling hard/fast enough. It's not a cutoff, just falling below the threshold for the sensor.

This is why, manual batteries are the bomb. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread