510 Atty works but leaks like crazy. metal sleeve came off. salvagable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainbrianbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
so after dropping my PV off a second story balcony i picked it up and it still worked. It took me a while to realize what was going on but it was leaking like crazy. I blamed the carts and messed around with different sizes and shapes of blue foam and have come to the conclusion that the atty is leaking. Most of the juice that was leaking out was coming out where the atty meets the battery. i thought this was just juice coming out of the air holes. but i never figured it out until using my spare atty for different flavors that my spare did not leak at all out of this part of the PV. Taking a closer look at my first atty the metal sleeve will move back and fourth and often while tightening to the battery the metal sleeve will twist a little bit as more torque is added. So i pulled the sleeve off and found that the end of the atty that screws to the battery is disconnected from the upper sleeve and bridge. This atty still works but just leaks out where the sleeve sits to the bottom. It seems that there is no longer anything sealing this end of the atty to the metal sleeve allowing the juice to find its way through. Im thinking about mixing up some epoxy, using as little as possible, and trying to fit the sleeve back on permanently. However im not sure in the other part of the atty is supposed to "wobble" back and fourth. Here in the pictures you can see the sleeve off the atty. and in the second you can see me holding the atty and pushing the top slightly so you can see how the top and bottom are still connected but "wobble" back and fourth. Ive never taken a 510 atty apart so im not sure if this is normal or not. Let me know what you guys think.

atty001.jpg

atty002.jpg

Strauss95

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Plattsburgh, NY
I have a 510 atty that is just like that. I'm not even sure how it happened, but mine has came apart in the exact same way yours has. Honestly I have still been using it, very sparingly though. It still produces great vapor, but it does leak a little like yours. I thought about trying to epoxy it as well, but deceided against it for reasons stated above. Eventually I'm just going to throw it away when I get sick of messing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread