510 atty at 6v.....troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

g33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
North of Pittsburgh, PA
Hey there again Experts! Question this time is in regards to a 510 atty on a SB @ 6v. My question is......

Is there a proper way to be using a device at 6v so as not to kill an atty within the first 5 minutes of having it connected? I know this seems a little funny but I've rec'd my SB today after much waiting and installed my rcr123a batteries for 6v vaping. I got a total of 2 pulls (yes only 2) and my atty bit the dust. I figured there was a learning curve with this experience so I quickly pulled out another 510 atty (this one only used for a few days so still fairly new) and once again I get about 2-3 good pulls before the atty dies. I've made sure to keep it wet (from start I drip about 4 drops) and yet I cannot keep these things around long enough to enjoy it. I have some 510 Cartomizers on order as well to try them out at 6v but until they get here I don't want to use my SB in fear of popping my (now last) atty and having nothing to use.

Even if there is a thread here on ECF I would be happy to read it over. I've tried searching with keywords like 510, atty, dead, kill, etc. and can't find anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated again :D

Keep up the good work guys, you help us all out tremendously and for that I am grateful!!!!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
The "proper" way to use the Silver Bullet (i.e., as recommended by the supplier, AltSmoke) is with the 3.7V, very high mAh 18650 battery. With an LV atomizer (i.e., low-resistance), it can be a fantastic vaping experience.

With 6V, try using an HV atomizer (i.e., high-resistance) to avoid frying your atomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread