510 atomizers paint comes off??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
I use the black 510 atomizers. They are true Joye attys, not knock offs. I have a ton of regular black 510s and a few Black LR (low resistance) attys. After I own the atomizers for about a week I notice the paint starts rubbing off in some places exposing the silver or gold beneath it and it really looks ragged and ugly when that happens. Does this happen to anyone else? If so, what can I do to fix it or keep it from happening?

IMPORTANT NOTE: I do not wash my atomizers or boil them. I am not rough with them and I don't rub them or scratch them. The only thing I can think of is that it starts to rub off when I screw the atomizer off and on throughout the day.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
That's happened to some of mine, as well. I usually just scrape the rest of the paint off with my thumbnail (gives me something to fidget with for the day). You could probably find some black shrink-tubing to fit, if you want them to be black. I don't know if it would taste/smell funny though. Using a spray-on protective "clear coat" or re-painting them opens up a whole different can of worms that I'm not interested in untangling....

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Well I pretty much have an atty per juice (for my favorite juices at least) and I use Tastyfinger from TV, TotallyWicked's tobacco, MyFreedomSmokes RY4, DiyFlavorshacks bubblegum, DIYflavorshacks thin mint. Those are the juices I've used the most in my attys (I'll mix and match similar flavors sometimes) I think it must just be the atomizers I get from a certain place. But it's weird my LR's are doing that and they are from a different place.

Kent C said:
What ejuice and flavor are you using. I've only had that happen with one type of ejuice.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Vapour~Girl said:
mmm only had it happen when i dumped my attys in boiling water (yeah, wont do that one again!)

you got any solvents nearby- nail varnish remover/make up remover/paint thinners etc- i made smudgy bits on one cause i didnt wash my hands between removing varnish and using cig...
Omg that reminds me. I do use rubbing alcohol to clean the threading and stuff so maybe that's how it starts to rub off!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Omg that reminds me. I do use rubbing alcohol to clean the threading and stuff so maybe that's how it starts to rub off!

I'm guessing that's it or a combination of that with something in one of the flavors. I use 151 vodka and soak the whole atty and never had that happen. Again, the only time it happened was with the HG line at HG (not the dekang) and there was a mint flavor in there but thought it was the MLB.

Suggest taking the rubbing alcohol to the rest of the ones that have patches and make them into 'stainless' versions or take some emery cloth and make the 'brushed stainless' ;-) But if you do either, rinse well with water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread