401 to 510 adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Why do I want an adapter to make a 401 batt work w/ 510 stuff? To try out the new 510 LR attys and maybe the 510 cartomizers. I hear good things about both. Anyone done this? I have a ton of 401 bats and chargers and the adapters would work to try out this 510 stuff I guess.
Joe

goodprophet has a good selection of adapters and offers first class mail.
you might also try to swap out some of your stuff in the pif social group.
that might be the way to go since a lot of times adapters do reduce performance

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
I'm really not wantin a bunch of 510 batts and chargers. You should see my clutter now! :~)

How much reduction Tib? I guess that is why I thought I should ask about this. I didn't even think of that.

I could live w/ some reduction. The adapter, addy, and / or cartomizers are cheep.

Not that my m401s are not working just fine. Why is it anyway that we are never happy?*&^%#
Joe

Oh Tib, nice lookin female Grand Eclectus parrot (spelling?). Is the green one an Amazon? I know a male GE is green but...

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I'm really not wantin a bunch of 510 batts and chargers. You should see my clutter now! :~)

How much reduction? I guess that is why I thought I should ask about this. I didn't even think of that.

I could live w/ some reduction. The adapter, addy, and / or cartomizers are cheep.

Not that my m401s are not working just fine. Why is it anyway that we are never happy?*&^%#
Joe

all i can tell you is i tried the 808 cartos on my 401 and did not like them one bit.
i now prefer the 4081 cartos on a 4081 battery, always best to try something with its original equipment.

btw it is a solomon island eclectus, the smaller subspecies, preening a bluefronted amazon. i keep telling her he is not the right kind of green but she won't listen, lol

forgot one other thing, apparently cartos are being made for the m series, might be worth checking out

Last edited:

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Just an FYI..

You're not going to get the full effect of the LR 510 attys on your 410 battery. They're made for a 450mah or higher battery. The lower resistance draws power faster then a regular atty and will decrease both the run time and the life of your batteries dramatically. I'd suggest against trying this.

I used them on a eGo battery and they were better than a stock 510 atty. Then I tried them on a mod that used a 14500 battery and they were even better. It wasn't until I got my silver bullet and used the LR attys on a high drain 18650 that I saw what all the fuss was about.

You may want to do a bit more research before you jump into ordering adapters and LR attys. Theres a lot more information on this subjest floating around ECF than I could explain.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Thanks again Tibs! I will check that out.

Dude, thank you also! This was the info I was hoping for. I did look around to see if anyone was talkin about 401 to 510 lr attys but couldn't find anything. Because it won't work so good is maybe why. But... this is a BIG place. I guess I'll just wait till I think I'm ready for a Silver Bullet before I worry about those LR attys.

More research... that's why I was asking about this stuff. I knew some of yall would know. :~)
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread