306A arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
My 306A came today!! I didn't order a kit, just a battery, atomizer & cartridges because I already have multiple 510 chargers.

First off, I REALLY like small PVs so this will have some effect on my review. Put together as just a 306A it is nice & small--almost as small as my M702/803 and KR808A (a 3-piece, NOT the KR808D-1). Perfect for stealth vaping. It is just slightly bigger around & about 1/4" longer than my other superminis & slightly thinner and quite a bit shorter than my 510.

Everything except the cartridges and PCC are compatible between the 510 and the 306A but I've heard: if you drop the 306a battery in the PCC and put a cartridge cap upside down on top of it, you can then close the lid and it will charge. My BF has a PCC so I'll check that out later. Happy Jack (that's what we call him at my house ;)) has a list of configurations here:
Canadian E-cigarette Happy//Joye 306A Super Mini Starter Kit

I don't dip or drip so probably won't be doing much mixing & matching myself. I like to use my 510 at home and a supermini when I go out. Think this just might be my new on-the-go PV.

Oh, and the 306A carts are the same style as the M401 and M702/M803 type ones they are not compatible. Their diameters are different and the inner carts are much different (SUPER crummy photo, sorry):
306_401_carts.jpg

It looks like the 306A carts might hold a bit more but I haven't checked it yet.

So far I'm very pleased but will check back in after I've used it a couple of days.

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Well! Never fails--get a new toy and my schedule goes all to ....ahem ;) plus I'm working on 2 projects with deadlines. Anyway, I am definitely impressed the the 306A. Already planning on buying more 306A parts as soon as payday gets here!

For "feel" (when vaping) it is is about between the 510 and a supermini, perhaps leaning towards the 510. So far its performance has been VERY consistent--way more consistent than my other superminis. Battery life is comparable (it IS a small battery after all) but so far it doesn't have the performance drop my other superminis do when they get close to needing to be recharged but I'll have to see how it goes once the battery's been used a bit more.

I have started tracking usage (on batteries & carts) and I'll start posting results in a day or two once I've collected enough to compile into some kind of chart. I plan on doing a model or two at a time and have started with the 306A & M803 (aka M702). The 510 will be one of the next up.

I haven't yet been able to check out any possibilities of using the 306A with the 510 PCC...haven't managed to pry the PCC away from my fiance yet! The 306 with a PCC would be an awesome on-the-go PV.

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
The 306A's cartridge life is impressive so far (compared to other superminis). I have been counting puffs. Note I take a shorter draw than many, 3-3.5 seconds. My personal experience has been a LOT fewer problems (with wicking, lack of or off flavours, etc) and more efficient nic delivery. Anyway, results of the first run cart life--both cartridges were purchased prefilled and both were pretty dry when finished:
The M803 (aka M702) cartridge which is the same cartridge as a M401 - 86 puffs
The 306A cartridge - 180 puffs

Now I'm not sure the difference will the THAT much on a consistent basis. It really shouldn't be since the 803 cart took 12 drops to refill and the 306 took 16 drops so I'm expecting it to average out closer to a 25% increase. The M803 after refilling (12 drops) is up to 102 puffs so far (not done yet).

MetalPrincess

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
How am I likin' the 306A?? Already ordered more parts and am debating whether to buy a 510PCC of my own for it (not completely compatible but if you drop the 306a battery in the PCC and put a cartridge cap upside down on top of it, you can then close the lid and it will charge) or snitch my fiance's. He's taken to carrying multiple complete 510s and often leaves the PCC at home.

Okay, got enough data to start compiling it into a spreadsheet. Keep in mind it's a work in progress and I will be adding data for additional models as I gather it. ;)

Here's a summary:
pv_comparison_current_rankings.jpg

You can download the spreadsheet itself here:
Comparison of PV Models
Note on the Comparison tab you can enter your personal pv usage info and get an ESTIMATE of how long each models batteries and cartridges will last you.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
cool post. I like to hear about minis and super minis, cause the big penstyles and battery mods are not that appealing to me right now. I want something that resembles a cigarette. Not sure why. maybe psychological. On ur list of favorites. u have generic super mini as last, Im guessing that is the peewee?

I hope you get ur m401 to work. I hear that the battery lasts a long time, and some people really like that model. Im assuming its much bigger than the joy 306. That is the model u are talking about right? joy 306

Oh yeah one thing i wanna try soon. Making my own super mini, using a 901 battery and drilling a hole in the battery threads, and using kr808 carts on it. Im really curious how that might turn out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread