306 atty - little vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanHelmet

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
USA
I picked up a 306 atty and drip tip from good prophets recently and am having trouble with it. I've used LR 510's before with great results. I'm using these on my ego. The 306 produces almost no vapor with any of the juices I've used, which were all different kinds of vp/pg blends. Little smoke, very hot, almost no flavor. I've debridged my 510's in the past and loved the result so I debridged the 306. Didn't help at all. It would also get so hot that the juice would boil I guess and start spitting out of the tip into my mouth. Any suggestions or did I get a bad unit?

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Yeah, I've heard of those and was thinking about trying one for myself. As with other Joye atties, they are a hit or miss. Since there are QC issues with these atomizers. So, some perform well while others performance is dismal at best.

Although, a 1.5 ohm 306 does tend to get fairly hot and occasionally spits juice. Which is why it's a good idea to get a XL delrin drip tip for that. Also the heat of it does destroy the taste to some juices. The only odd thing that you've described is the lack of vapor. In which a 306 does produce if it's working correctly. You did prime your atty before use didn't you? In addition it'll help if you took the wick out of the atty as well.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Pretty much, I usually drip 6 drops in there and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then take a hit, if it's dry then I'll follow up with a few more drops of juice. That's just to get it started. If your dripping then it's good that you debridged and dewicked it already.

Anyways, make sure that you get all the primer that's in there as well.

RomanHelmet

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
USA
Just wanted to come back update. I contacted goodprophets about the 306 I got from them. Explained to them as I did here asking for advice. They got back to me the next day and said it sounded like a defective unit and since I had tried a few things to get it working shipped me out a new unit. The new one has been working great and I'm loving the working 306 I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread