Status
Not open for further replies.

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
I've been reading that the 302 atty shorts on the 801 adapter for the V2. Has anyone had any success with the 801 adapter and the 302 atomizer? I don't mean an add on 901-801 or 510-801 adapter, but using the actual PS 801 adapter with a Joye302 atty? If so, how and/or what modifications are necessary (i.e. adjusting the center post, etc.)

Is this also the case with the Protege? I've heard that the 801 adapter works with the 302 atty, and I've also heard that it doesn't. I'd really like any and all who have tried it to chime in here and let me know their experiences. In terms of threads they should be the same, and they seem to work on other 801 battery adapters/ batteries/ threading.

Lastly, if in fact the 801 adapters on either the Protege or Prodigy V2 don't work with the 302 atomizer, has anyone been able to replace their battery threads in the adapter housing with other available 801 battery threads that fit all penstyle atomizers (M201 not included)?

Thanks for your help guys!

buGG

BrickStove

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2009
Georgia
I had a conversation with Steve about this. He said the same thing, that the 302 shorts out for some reason. I've been carefully using the 302 atty on a Protege for the last month i guess. By carefully, i mean after each draw I listen to make sure the atty isnt firing after I release the button. And I never leave it alone with the 302 atty on it.

However, aside from my initial issue with the Protege switch that lead us to believe it was the 302 atty causing the switch to act more like a toggle switch (staying on after button is released), I havent had one single issue with the 302 atty working on the Protege.

Oh also in case you wanted to know, I got my 302's from americas best buys. Not sure if it's a different version or what.

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
I had a conversation with Steve about this. He said the same thing, that the 302 shorts out for some reason. I've been carefully using the 302 atty on a Protege for the last month i guess. By carefully, i mean after each draw I listen to make sure the atty isnt firing after I release the button. And I never leave it alone with the 302 atty on it.

However, aside from my initial issue with the Protege switch that lead us to believe it was the 302 atty causing the switch to act more like a toggle switch (staying on after button is released), I havent had one single issue with the 302 atty working on the Protege.

Oh also in case you wanted to know, I got my 302's from americas best buys. Not sure if it's a different version or what.

Thanks, BrickStove...

I've been using a dedicated 302 atty on the Protege, the Protege with USB passthrough extension, and the PS Passthrough V2 for a week now with absolutely no problems whatsoever using the 801 Protege/ USB adapter. In fact, it's been perhaps my best experience yet with a penstyle atomizer and the new brushed stainless steel PS line up.

Having said that, you may be on to something regarding the Protege, the 302 atomizer, and the tact switch vs. mechanical switch configuration. I, too, had early issues with the tact switch and the Protege (issues due to user error on my part and quickly remedied by Casey and Steve with mechanical switches and foolproof user instructions :rolleyes:). But back to the 302s...it may have been that the shorting was tied in some way to the tact switch and the 302. My shorting occurred with a 510 and an 801, but since the mechanical switch fix I've experienced no shorting with either, and in the past week that I've been working this 302 atty through its paces, there has been nothing but virtuous vapage!

Now, I will continue to use that same 302 atty on the 801 Protege/ USB adapter, but will also start using it exclusively on my Prodigy V2 with 801 adapter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all will continue to go smoothly, because I'm loving the aesthetic symmetry of the stainless 302 atty, the way it fits the threads without the need to adjust the posts a la the BE112, and just the overall experience. Again, it's only been one week...but it's been a solid week of nonstop usage. I've got a bunch of these 302 atomizers, so I'm really hoping the Prodigy V2 produces similar results.

In the meantime, if there's anyone else with any experience using the 302 atty on the 801 adapters for the Protege or Prodigy V2 please add your feedback. Thanks again!

buGG

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
not that it matters, i guess, since it seems like brickstove and i are the only ps pv owners using them, but...

the 302 penstyle atty works flawlessly on the Protege, Prodigy V2, and the PT V2.

and because they come in stainless to match the ps pv's...along with a ss t-tip, i'd give it an edge over the be112 (previously my favorite penstyle atty). plus, no adjustments needed whatsoever to the center posts.

over three weeks now, on all ps pv's...no problems. mechanical switches on the proteges, protege USB extensions, and prodigy v2. electrical/tact switch on the v2 passthrough. great all around!

buGG

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Necromancer post... rise, thread! Rise from the grave!

I'm also considering trying out a 302 atty on my Prodigy v2, mostly because the draw is extremely tight with a BE112. I'm hoping the 302 will be a bit easier to use. Any confirmation on that?

Hey Adoblivione ...

Its really hit or miss with 302's ... When I feel like a lighter draw (I do use BE112's myself on the V2) I switch up to just the standard DSE801. Some users have reported no issues with 302's, others have, due to the fact the post is a bit wider on 302's and therefore shorts the unit out by hitting the outside contact.

If you have one, I would say give it a shot, otherwise, perhaps just purchase 1 or 2 to test. Have you given 801's or 4072's a shot?

Not really relevant but I've been using 302s on my Prodigy V1 with tact and mechanical switches without issue.

Yes, 302's worked better on V1's, but BE112's tended to have an issue. Now that role has been reversed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread