• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

2012 Indiana Smoking Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
Just in case anyone was worried about the new smoking ban in Indiana... Not sure if anyone has posted something similar, but I did not see one

2012 Indiana Acts states the following

Section 2. IC 7.1-5-12
Chapter 12
Sec.3 As used in this chapter, "smoking" means the:
(1)carrying or holding of a lighted cigarette, cigar, or pipe or any other lighted tobacco smoking equipment;or
(2)inhalation or exhalation of smoke from lighted tobacco smoking equipment

So, I don't see any clear definition of an electronic cigarette... do you?

trepalium

I'm a Panda
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
hoosiervapers.com
Yep pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Lol. At least make the local laws coincide with the state laws. I feel the same way about states that have counties that are dry. Sometimes local ordinances get to be a nuisance. Especially in this day and age with the frequency of traveling. It isn't like it used to be where you typically lived and died in one area for most of your life.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
State is the state and the counties are the counties and the cities are the cities.

Do you remember the broo-ha-ha when us firearm owners spent years trying to get the state law to apply to all the burgs, counties and what-nots? That took 3 PAC's and a bunch of grass roots. Frankly, vapers don't have that kind of pull.

So, for those wondering about Indiana it generally works like this unless specifically spelled out in a law. The state law is a guideline. The counties can add additional restrictions to the guideline. Cities take the county's guideline and can add additional restrictions. (County & City are the same entity when dealing with "uni-gov" areas like Indy.)

So the state low does not apply to e-cigs, but there is nothing in it preventing localities within Indiana from adding it to their laws, except for voters putting pressure on the lawmakers.

Marion county/Inidanapolis did add e-cigs and some additional locations. South Bend will vote on such a thing on July 9th. (today) We still do not have information on the law passed by Lawrence a couple of weeks ago. (Part of the issue we are finding is that if e-cigs are included, that information is not being passed out through the media.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread