2 questions - 650mHa and rolling an ecig - a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
Hello
I am slowly focusing in on what I believe will work for me, based on answers to other posts.

I still have some questions.

The Volt Std kit has the basics and good price
There is the option of a 65mm or a 78mm.
I am assuming the 78mm will last longer than the 65mm
I have looked but am not sure what the mAh is on these.

What is the shortest battery with 650mAh
What is the shortest battery that will get me though a day without needing 2 or 3 charged ones?

The other question has to do with, as odd as this may sound odd, rolling a battery with a cigarette paper..
Will it have a negative effect on the batery or rest of the system if I roll it in a regular American Spirit paper.
One reason I ask is the longer lasting batteries don't come in white to often and I don't want a black or blue or pink ecig.

Plus if I do that I am still keeping even more of my habit been a RYO guy for 15 or 20 years smoking for 49 years..
I do not want to un-join the smokers club , just want to stop smoking tobacco.
I want things to look and feel as much like an analog as possible with the least hassle with battery changes.
I figure filling carts with juice is a roll your own kind e-cig thing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Elbert
one step, one round, one day at a time

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Batteries last approximately 1 hour per 100 mah of continous vaping. So a 220 mah battery will last you about 2 1/2 hours.

You'd have to be a fairly light smoker to have 1 or 2 last you the day. But I don't know your smoking style. For an all day battery you need to jump up to the bigger battery models like the ego type pv. They start at 650 mah and go up to 1100- 1300 mah. They'll last all day but they are larger.

If you want white- there are a couple places that sell white pvs.

Street Trash

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Salt Lake City
My 78mm volt batteries last around two and a half to three hours. I believe they are rated at 320 mAh for the 78mm. I have four of them. When I had only the two that came with the kit, there was a few times that I drained the second one just a little before the first one finished charging. I used the pcc kit when I was out and about. You can have three batteries (or more if you carry loose ones) this way. I had an assembled one that I used, and two charged ones in the pcc. When one runs out throw it on to charge and cycle through them. I prefer manual batteries, but have both manual and auto.

I moved from the volt to a 1100 mAh ego type battery because I was tired of constantly topping off cartos and charging batteries. The 1100 mAh batteries last me an entire day and part of the next morning. I have been using a slim tank system on them and have been pretty satisfied with it. The entire assembly is slightly thicker than a standard sharpie marker, and about an inch longer with the drip tip.

Smokeless image now sells ego type batteries and little tanks for them. They might be worth checking out, and they come in white. As for wrapping your batter in a rolling paper, I can't see it doing anything bad. Just be sure you don't cover the little air holes at the connection.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
You're going to need a good number of rolling papers to cover any battery that'll last you over 6 hours, I'm afraid.
You might be better off painting one of the eGo/kGo type batteries, or hunt down a white one.
It might also be pretty hard to wrap a bigger battery in paper if it has a button to push.
I predict that won't be too important once you get started.

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
Thanks for the input.

I do see that Smokeless Image has a Volt x2 battery that comes in 650, 900 or 1300
they just won't fit in there charging cases.
the 650 is about as big a battery as I want.
I am thinking if I order the standard kit and then order 1 of the 650 batteries that would probably meet my needs.
The x2 batteries only come in white in the 650 size auto.

I am hoping and not assuming that the rough guide of a 150 lasting 1 hour 2xx = 2hrs so a 650 should be about 6 hours and that that is the actual time vaping . So if I take a 4 minute smoke break 15 times a day that would be only 1 hour of used charge and would leave 5 hours (approx) left of vaping time. Correct

Thanks again

Elbert

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
posts happend while I was replying. O'my

Sailorman, Im sure as time passes and I change habit to better match my new habit that Ill quit missing that step of rolling.

I can't afford a large initial investment, just don't have the cash flow, but getting the starter and in 2 weeks get at least one of the 650s

Sound reasonable and workable based on what you know.
The v2 disposables I tried last me about 24 hours if I smoke 3 or 4 analogs along the way. But that is on a good day when maybe I would only roll 10.

Thanks one and all

Elbert

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
The Ego batteries won't work with the Volt.

I wouldn't plan on a 650mah battery lasting all day. I'm lucky to get a full day of vaping out of my E-Power which has a 1050mah battery in it. Cigarette sized PVs don't last long and I'd keep several backup batteries on hand when I was using them years ago. If you want one battery that will last all day, you will have to go with something that's bigger.

Last edited:

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
Thanks one and all.

I am not necessarily looking for an all day battery.
I would rather need 2 of a reasonable size than 1 that is way to uncomfortably big for me.

The Batteries that Volt makes the x version come in the high mAh

Its the length and I can slowly get used to longer .

Wish someone had a build you own 39.95 start kit.
But w have we we have to work with, so Ill make it work.

Thanks agaiun

Elbert
one step, one round, one round at a time

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Isn't that an eGo clone, except with an automatic battery?

It's a high mah 808. It's second generation automatic and in a class all it's own. Works with all 808 hardware like SI's volt. I've tried the 510 ego type autos and none of them work very well.

Northwest Vapors, Mountain Vapor, Smoktek, and Cropduster 901 are all good sources to look.
All the starter kits run $40-50

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I got this photo from the Smokeless Image forum. It's a comparison of a regular cigarette, a 65 and 78 mm Volt, and the 3 sizes of the Volt X2. A 650 mah Ego battery is about the length of the 65 mm Volt but fatter. As you can see the X2 are quite long. That's because they are also passthroughs. I don't know how long the Echo battery is. I would assume it's comparable to the Ego. But, don't quote me on that. I don't have one yet.
voltcomparison.jpg

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I got this photo from the Smokeless Image forum. It's a comparison of a regular cigarette, a 65 and 78 mm Volt, and the 3 sizes of the Volt X2. A 650 mah Ego battery is about the length of the 65 mm Volt but fatter. As you can see the X2 are quite long. That's because they are also passthroughs. I don't know how long the Echo battery is. I would assume it's comparable to the Ego. But, don't quote me on that. I don't have one yet.
View attachment 96970
Also remember that those batteries are shown without the cartomizer, that will add another 1.5 to 2.5 inches depending if you use a tip or not.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
some blurry pics but show size

from left to right Echo 650, Ego 650, Echo 1100, Echo 1100 Stealth, Volt 650, Echo 1300

the reason for both the Echo 1100 and stealth version is the stealth version is slightly longer but it's hard to see in the photo
battsizes.jpg
The volt is huge. The 650 being almost as big as the echo 1300. They are expensive too but the 650 volt at 20 isn't bad for a battery and a charger.

Here they are with the ce4s (aka vision stardust, aka turbos) because they were the only thing I had for all batteries that were the same size. The echomizers and the ce4s for echos hold about .5ml more juice becasuse the rest of the batteries make room for cone threads.

battsizes2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread