2 month vaper from London; first problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekatieloulou

Dec 28, 2015
Hi guys!

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. My name is Katie and I'm 23, from London, and have been vaping for nearly two months. I've smoked since I was about 18, and when my 'social smoking' became a 15 a day habit, I decided that it was time to stop! I've only had a couple of cigarettes since I started vaping; success!

I've got an joyetech eGo One, which has been great so far, but two days ago it stopped charging. Basically, when I connect it to my Macbook, the red charging light goes on for about a minute then just switches off completely. I've tried leaving it like that for a few hours anyway, but it just doesn't charge.

I've take it apart, cleaned it, tried pushing out the 510 connecter thing but no luck. If I was in London I could pop to any number of good vape shops, but I'm home for Christmas in the middle of nowhere!

Any help greatly appreciated; I know I sound like a massive noob (and I've probably picked a bad vape haha!), but I am here to learn from you all!

Thanks!
Katie x

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Hi guys!

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. My name is Katie and I'm 23, from London, and have been vaping for nearly two months. I've smoked since I was about 18, and when my 'social smoking' became a 15 a day habit, I decided that it was time to stop! I've only had a couple of cigarettes since I started vaping; success!

I've got an Joyetech eGo One, which has been great so far, but two days ago it stopped charging. Basically, when I connect it to my Macbook, the red charging light goes on for about a minute then just switches off completely. I've tried leaving it like that for a few hours anyway, but it just doesn't charge.

I've take it apart, cleaned it, tried pushing out the 510 connecter thing but no luck. If I was in London I could pop to any number of good vape shops, but I'm home for Christmas in the middle of nowhere!

Any help greatly appreciated; I know I sound like a massive noob (and I've probably picked a bad vape haha!), but I am here to learn from you all!

Thanks!
Katie x

and for more detailed information:
Ego One Battery Broken? Help? • /r/electronic_cigarette

Reactions: glointhedark

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Yeah my guess is that the 510 pin just needs a good wigglin'.

It's pretty common with a lot of devices with fixed 510 connections, and is usually easily remedied. In general, be a little careful about "over-cranking" your tank onto your device. It's good for it to be snug, but you don't want it to be indenting or jamming in that 510 connection.

Not to mention an over-tightened tank + a little bit o juice in the threads creates an interesting "vacuum" effect wherein it requires other-worldly herculean strength to take the tank off the battery. It's a bummer.

Reactions: glointhedark

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Just to clarify, she's talking about one of these

img_0655group_1.jpg

They charge with a micro USB cable plugged into a port at the bottom.

It sounds like the something inside the battery might have gone bad.

If you bought it at a vape shop, see if you can return it.

This is another reason everyone should have backup devices. You never know when one is going to quit working.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not all usb ports on laptops are chargeable ports. Some laptops have only one usb port for charging devices. Maybe you could try a different usb port.

My current laptop, while having 3 usb ports, will only charge devices on one of those ports ... neither cell phone nor ecig will charge on the other two ports, though it looks like it's charging.

If possible, you should use a wall adapter to charge devices ... laptops are expensive, wall adapters are cheap.

If you're using the same usb port, that you know will charge the device and the laptop in not in sleep mode ... then it's more likely the battery in your device is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread