2 DNA 75C questions..resistance lock and mod internal resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi there..

The general consensus is from most searching I have done, that it is not necessary to lock the resistance in Tc mode on dna boards.. even as far back as my dna40, i can confirm the resistance stays put and does not make a difference locked or unlocked.. the only time i could think of a difference is if the batteries are changed and tank is warm.

But Daniel of DJLSB vapes, in every dna 75c review, has listed it as a con for all the devices (most of them) that can't lock the resistance.

so is it necessary in DNA75C or not?

Second question is regarding measuring internal resistance of mod. It seems every single dna comes with wrong internal resistance setting.. devs so lazy they just put default figure..
I don't understand how to measure it to get the right number to put in.
Believe me i have searched google on all of this before posting..
Again Daniel says he shorts the 510 to test it, but does not explain what he is doing or even show himself doing what he is actually doing to the mod, so i have no idea.

Would it be better to just search for others who have done it and load the figures in?

Still don't have a dna75c, and still torn between think vape finder which i can't find a single english review on, lost vape paranormal which is the most expensive, or the good old Hcigar vt75c which i still like looks wise but has a sucky theme.
The vapecige creator is also an option for sure, and looks great and can take 30m tanks flush. Again, ....ty theme though.

So much for the board being able to do it all without escribe, it seems you still need to connect it to get a useful theme, updates, and measurements.

Cheers and TIA

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well, two things. One, avoid locking the resistance unless you absolutely positively have to use that build (me? I'd check and rebuild before locking to get around that problem). The board continually refines the resistance to maintain proper performance in TC mode.

Second, your mod should come configured with the internal resistance properly set. Should doesn't mean will. Yes, you have to use usually a brass 510 threaded lug (whatever it's called) to short the mod and get the internal resistance. If you're not in the mood to invest in one (not expensive, but not all that useful for anything else), you can either search for the value for the mod you have in someplace like the Evolv forums on Evolv's site.

Also, be cautious, as I believe that DJL gave out some wrong internal resistance values in a review of something (there are threads about it over there).

When you settle on which mod you're getting, I strongly advise you to reach out to Wingsfan0310 as he has multiple themes, profiles, readings on lots of different DNA models. He might have the internal resistance already measured (yes, there might be slight differences between two mods from the same company, but not so big (0.001 ohm?) that it should be a problem.

Yes, you will have to plug the mod into eScribe for stuff like patches and updates as it has to connect somehow, and doesn't have wifi built in. It's not like it happens so often, but I don't think plugging in once in a while for that is a big deal. With the 75C and the like totally customizable themes, you'll be compulsively be plugging in to install the new theme you found that looks so much better than the one you have loaded.:)

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
There are easy ways to short the 510 if you don't want to get a copper plug. Take an old carto, remove the innards (coil and wicking ) and fill the positive connection with solder. You can do the same with a 510 to 510 connector.
You can go to the Evolv forum ( DNA 75 Color Themes) and search thru the themes. You can also take one of those themes and customize it for your mod easily.

The DNA 75C allows you to change your resistance if you need to from the screen without having to use Escribe. If you have a good build and a solid atty you should be able to adjust your vape to your liking without changes.

I have found the Hcigar VT75C to be a rock solid mod, I have used only a 18650 battery and only heard of early release problems with the 20xxx battery.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I have a VT250S, an epetite60 and a finder 250, and all of them come with the wrong resistance setting apparently.. I can't find one DNA75C that comes with the right one.. this is after searching the forums and stuff. I would say that's why my vt250s absolutely sucks at SS316 TC, it must be more out than the others..

I am not scared to spend a few $$ to buy the item to short, i am scared about actually doing it.. I think i will just put in figures from others.. it seems almost every dna has been tested by far superior tech people to myself and many even have a csv file or something that apparently uploads everything to the device?

Oh, do i have to zero the internal resistance and upload it to the device, then put in the correct value and upload it, like daniel does in videos, or can i just put the value in and upload it?

Cheers and thanks for such amazing answers!

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Newer EScribe does not allow the testing directly. At least on the 20x series, and I'd think the 75C.
To get the internal resistance is easy though.
Mod resistance calibration (giz method)

• A coil will work, a 4-6in length of TC wire on an RDA posts, but the Test is best run with the copper plug.
  • In Escribe (mod tab), set Mod Resistance to 0.
  • In wire profile, Power = 1 Temp = 0 / Preheat temp = 1 preheat Punch = 1 Preheat Time Limit = 0.
  • Upload To Device...attach plug, or deck with coil or wire to mod...pulse (quick) fire to get mod to check cold ohms (if new coil question asked, answer yes)...
  • Run Atomizer Analyzer ... allow wire to cool back to room temperature (extremely important) & subtract the Cold Ohms from the Raw Ohms...
The difference will be the Mod Resistance..

Run your own 'thermal characteristics' - 3 hours Same tab (mod) as your battery info lower down.

More info here:
https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65594-mod-resistance/?do=findComment&comment=886264

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread