Not open for further replies.

Harley

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
Yonder Way
A detailed video show do the trick for most members i would think. If a person is having problems they could start and stop the video as needed to go step by step... I also really like the idea of building the atty myself, I prefer 2.6 for 6v... some other people like 3.0 for 6v. So the long and short is, everyone is different in what they like , So Imeo building all the I-Atties does not even make since, I think it would be a total waste on his time and it would just take more time to bring it to market.. I don't think this will be for everyone, But i like to tinker with things so i can't wait. After i get mine I would be happy to help others either on Skype or even over the phone if help is needed by other members.....

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
1 month earlier jiino:)
I agree with having the items disassembled. Being able to assemble and disassemble is a huge adavantage for me because I become more familiar with GG products. Iatty is the same for me, too. To use the Iatty for lifetime, I gotta be able to do it myself anyway. I'm very sure that Imeo is going to put an awesome video to help us with assembling. So are we having Iatty's earlier if we decide not to have those assembled?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I did it once and the helper didnt do the job properly. I will have more problems doing that poppa
Imeo,
I see problems and confused customers in the future.
Notice the number of battery and rethread questions you get now.
Imagine the "I wrecked it, now what?" That are going to pop up.
Have you considered getting a helper?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I'm with you all the way Imeo!
There will propably be a few users who are unable to assemble their GG's. The assembly procedure is also quality control, and if you sell them unassembled, a few users may get GG products with defective threads.
But then again, what would you rather do: assemble 1000 Iattys, or replace 5 because of defective threads?

Thats what I was thinking of clavit

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
If I see that demand requires it I have to do it web. Also if the quality of the wick and wire is bad made, we will be able to change it anytime
Great idea - I will totally support it, I guess many of your customers Imeo would not need a video or manual to get iAtty or GG assembled and working :)
Well outsourcing manufacturing on some external factory (even in mid-asia) is quite brilliant thing too, presuming it would be totally under control and management of Imeo as author
We all know high quality standards not easy to achieve but it is possible in modern China (look at even chip flashlights build quality)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
If I try 10 pieces then I will know if there are problems jack. Of course 5-10 defective items will always exist but as clavit said better to send some Iatties to the customers wth a problem than spending so much time and effort to assemble them. Of course I will do the first quality control before I send anything to my sellers
Assembly is fine with me....my only concern is that all the parts are free from little defects like the SS GGTS connector problem that delayed the launch.....if there are any defects, and with the speed the GG sells at these days, you may find that the defective GGs are already in the hands of hundreds of GG lovers before the problem is identified.

If you have to check and QC the parts before sending out to the GG sellers, it's almost doing the job of assembling it completely. I would guess that you would need to assemble it completely to make sure everything fits together....no?

To put it another way, with Imeo's personal standards of engineering and quality, I don't believe that he would actually accept less than perfect, or as close as you can get. To trust that every part is perfect and send out to the world to be assembled by the end user runs the risk of having little defects going undetected until all of them have already arrived at their destinations, which will make addressing the problem a worst case scenario.

p.s. Sorry for the rambling.....just my :2c:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I cant assemble any of the parts Zor. Its too painful buddy. Its not only putting parts together, its the fact that they need some kind of cleaning too. You will understand when you will see how it is made
The main thing he is saying that wont be assembled are the wick and coil as it is very time consuming. I feel quite confident that he either has or will check the machined components as he usually does.

Zor

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
thats exactly what I was thinking for alm. Also I cant do the assembling because my back is hurting me so much by doing the same thing for hours.
I have to agree with that, ive been vaping for only a couple months, and I first started with a precise, just received my SS GGTS today, and btw this is truly a piece of art, and I cant wait to see all your future inventions, so for the assembly part, im pretty sure I can do it well with a video, and im no veteran vaper, so everyone here can do it, you deserve not having to do all the boring job , more time for you and for your mastermind :)

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
I'm all for assembling my own... Anything to help you get your ideas out as fast as possible (with as little pain to you as possible) The GG community is super super helpful, if anyone has problems they only need to post here and help is nearly immediate.

I for one, would be going crazy if I had to assemble all GG products by myself. Besides, the more free time you have... the more ingenious and wonderful devices you can dream up for us!

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
A detailed video show do the trick for most members i would think. If a person is having problems they could start and stop the video as needed to go step by step... I also really like the idea of building the atty myself, I prefer 2.6 for 6v... some other people like 3.0 for 6v. So the long and short is, everyone is different in what they like , So Imeo building all the I-Atties does not even make since, I think it would be a total waste on his time and it would just take more time to bring it to market.. I don't think this will be for everyone, But i like to tinker with things so i can't wait. After i get mine I would be happy to help others either on Skype or even over the phone if help is needed by other members.....

I totally agree, when I received another replaceable coil atty it came with a 4ohm atty attached and it was close to useless for me unless I vaped at 7.4volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread