• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

$15 to perfect your VMAX experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
So, there I was sitting and tweaking the VV experience among my different PV's. ShanMod set to 3.9 but putting out 3.69 under load with a Smoktech 1.7 carto, Kicked GGTS with a Joye LR 1.5, Kicked SB with a 2.8 Smoktech carto, confirming the Provari is indeed putting out the voltage that it's set at (it was!), all the while moving my inline voltmeter between mods to fine tune and perfect the settings to 9 watts total output and then IT HIT ME!!

Why could folks with the VMAX not do the same?! We know the VMAX is not putting out the correct Voltage that it displays, but what is to stop a user from putting on an inline meter and tweaking the output voltage to what it should be?!

I have one of these guys from madvapes: Black Assembled Volt Indicator and I have used it many a time to figure out what I needed to do to attain the results I want.

Thoughts?! or am I just hungry and losing my mind?!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Yup. Watch Phil's video on it. He shows some good stuff with his meter

He uses an Oscilloscope on it doesn't he?! I did watch the video, but it was when I had the wee one running around, and obviously must have either missed or skipped some parts of it. :p

Oh well, I was trying to help.. ;)

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
So, there I was sitting and tweaking the VV experience among my different PV's. ShanMod set to 3.9 but putting out 3.69 under load with a Smoktech 1.7 carto, Kicked GGTS with a Joye LR 1.5, Kicked SB with a 2.8 Smoktech carto, confirming the Provari is indeed putting out the voltage that it's set at (it was!), all the while moving my inline voltmeter between mods to fine tune and perfect the settings to 9 watts total output and then IT HIT ME!!

Why could folks with the VMAX not do the same?! We know the VMAX is not putting out the correct Voltage that it displays, but what is to stop a user from putting on an inline meter and tweaking the output voltage to what it should be?!

I have one of these guys from MadVapes: Black Assembled Volt Indicator and I have used it many a time to figure out what I needed to do to attain the results I want.

Thoughts?! or am I just hungry and losing my mind?!

Of all the things I've lost; I miss my mind the most! Lol

Relax! We're laughing with you. (Wink Wink)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Of all the things I've lost; I miss my mind the most! Lol

Relax! We're laughing with you. (Wink Wink)

Yeah, I knew a girl from Moncton once, who told me she moved to Toronto because Moncton was full of country bumpkins who had lost their minds. It must be that Magnetic hill that y'all have there causing it. So nice to be in similar company. :D

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Yeah, I knew a girl from Moncton once, who told me she moved to Toronto because Moncton was full of country bumpkins who had lost their minds. It must be that Magnetic hill that y'all have there causing it. So nice to be in similar company. :D

I see you have a "Kick". That should be the answer to consistency.

I'll have one (when the get in stock) to hold me over until I get a Darwin (when they get in stock).

A couple nice parties "on The Hill" here this summer, Nickelback, Springsteen.

Come on Down!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I see you have a "Kick". That should be the answer to consistency.

I'll have one (when the get in stock) to hold me over until I get a Darwin (when they get in stock).

A couple nice parties "on The Hill" here this summer, Nickelback, Springsteen.

Come on Down!

I'm getting all the consistency I need between the 2 Kicks and the Provari V2. With the Kick's I use the meter to basically fine tune the output to exactly where I want. It gets used most on the Shan Mod, where there is a difference in the "under load" voltage vs what is displayed on the device.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada

Ouch, that hurt. Besides, has anyone actually from Moncton ever done magnetic hill? :)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I drove past it on a road-trip I did of the east coast oh, about 10 years ago. The drive that day was from Quebec city to Cape Breton, so I didn't bother stopping although I do remember seeing the name advertised as we drove through N.B.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I know you've lost your mind because you think Nickleback will be a good concert :D:D:D

It's not about the music (don't tell Nickleback), it's about 80,000 people having a PARTY!!

That's more than our entire population, so Someone must be coming here!

Let me know if you're not coming. I'll cross you off the list and turn the porch light off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread