Not open for further replies.

sinistergentlemen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
www.theartofvapes.com
Hello all,

Thought I would introduce myself I'm Chris from Charlotte, NC I have been a heavy smoker for just at 14 years. A little over a month ago a friend in my military unit pursuaded me into a vape/e-cig I decided wth I'll give it a try here I am just over a month and have not had a Analog. My setup is very basic right now as i'm using
  • 900 mAh Ego Magnetic Charge Battery
  • smok Tech Tumbler tanks 1.8 ohm Bottom Coil
  • Aro Pyrex Bottom Coil 2.4 ohm Tank
  • Smok Tech PBC 5ml Tank
  • Then I have a Desperado Drip Tip that I gues is my first custom anything

I really look forward to being part of this community and learning more about different products and mods. Would like to know if what I have as far as coils are to much for my battery and also would love suggestions on my first mod or battery upgrade.

I am fortunate that I have a mad vapes local and have tried numberous top vapor liquids but would also like to show love everywhere so suggestions on websites or other local shop would be great. Also tasty vape.

Last edited:

chikkaccino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
NoVA
Welcome to the group and congrats on kicking the long habit of analogs!

Your coils are fine for your battery. As for mods.. zOmg, dozens upon dozens of choices. It all depends on type: tube or box. Replaceable battery or charge? Variable voltage only or variable voltage and variable watts? Price range? There's a lot of variables there.

Once again, congrats on the quitting... really good job.

sinistergentlemen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
www.theartofvapes.com
Thanks for the warm welcomes. As for mods I would like my first to be fairly plug and play so probably rechargable battery, with a variable voltage. Price range im willing to go upto about $150 would prefer tube over box still cant wrap my mind around the bulkiness of a box but that might change in the future. I would also like it to be somewhat pleasing to the eye. LOL

Once again thanks for the welcomes. I look forward to learning alot about everything on here.

AgeAgainst

Verified Member
First and foremost Chris, Thank You for your service! Congrats on on your first month analog free!! :toast:

Welcome to ECF - a truly awesome community whose advice helped me make the hardware choices that aided me in quitting analogs too - going on my second day analog free and no cravings.

I'm still green when it comes to all the hardware that is available so I'll wait for the experts to offer advice on your setup as far as being too much for your battery. However, I would advise getting a second battery as a backup until you decide on getting a more advanced setup. I had 2 650 batteries and had a charger at work and home since I was going through the battery life so quickly - my first tank was a Mini PT with 1.8Ω coil. I did chain vape a lot though so that probably caused them to drain quickly.

sinistergentlemen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
www.theartofvapes.com
Thanks for the welcome AgeAgainst and congrats on your second day analog free. I probably should have mentioned I have 2 batteries as I bought the mad vapes billiance kit. I probably should invest in a second charger so I can have a work/home setup. i'll post pics of the gear I have later when I get home.

sinistergentlemen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
www.theartofvapes.com
Welcome Chris! Thank you for your service!

I have no suggestions about upgrades because I keep my gear all very basic.
As for liquids try vaporrenu. I prefer fruit flavors and so far everyone of theirs I have tried has been great!

Will do I like some of the fruit flavors i've tried but really have been digging these mint ones like mint cookie, and creme de menthe and the funny thing is I hated menthol when I smoked analogs. I have picked up some samples the last time I was in mad vapes I got some clove, greentea, and kona cream. All which I have yet to try.

I was looking for eggnog but have yet to find any. :(

WileECoyote

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2013
Woodbridge, VA, USA
www.zidrate.com
Welome! Thanks for you service. Navy Chief here.

I started with 2 eGo batteries and found that I desired more control and don't like the flavor changes as the battery dies. Waiting on my MVP2 now. After trolling around, I think that is a good choice for my first upgrade. I am going to go single coil 3ohm with the smok tank system. I never thought I could go to a box, but I desire some tasty vapes and I hope this will sate my thirst. I just keep reading because I am a noob as well but am still pretty excited about this whole new experiance!

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I'm giddy for you Chris! Over the next year you'll start feeling the results of your transition and eventually get to the point that you may kick yourself for not doing it sooner. At least, that was my experience. I bounce around different liquid producers too. I'll use one four or five times to get a good sampling of their products, practices and policies then the "exploration" itch hits me again. Currently, I'm purchasing from ECBLEND.

chikkaccino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
NoVA
Thanks for the warm welcomes. As for mods I would like my first to be fairly plug and play so probably rechargable battery, with a variable voltage. Price range im willing to go upto about $150 would prefer tube over box still cant wrap my mind around the bulkiness of a box but that might change in the future. I would also like it to be somewhat pleasing to the eye. LOL

Once again thanks for the welcomes. I look forward to learning alot about everything on here.

2 brands that come to mind that I've heard good things about but cannot attest to personally are the Innokin iTaste SVD and the JOYE eVic.

The only reason why I went with the box mod is because the iTaste MVP 2.0 was $40, and lasts 2-3 days without a charge. Downside: It is a box, but not as bulky as you think, it fits in my pocket without a problem. It does NOT have replaceable batteries, ergo it's a disposable unit, but they can last for months and it was cheap. I had 2 ego batteries that wouldn't last me a day without constantly charging them put together, so I went with function over form. Plus it's allowing me to hold off on buying something much bigger until I'm done spending my money on others for Christmas.

Best thing to do is keep asking questions and read the forums because there's been a lot of debate over devices. Some people are a fan of what they have, some people aren't, but really the important thing is to find YOUR preferred set up to keep you off the analogs.

I am a newcomer too. I have smoked for 50 plus years, tried to quit anologs 100's of times, and have been clean for 4 days now. I am also polyaddicted to other d+a but have been c+s from them for 29 years. This is like being a newcomer in the program and going to sit down and listen. Forum seems very supportive, and odaat for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread