1 ohm mtl build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
Using 28g ni80 2mm 9 wraps. 17 watts(4.2v). Great throat hit but not too hard. Nice little cloud for an mtl.

I want to try a parallel 2 strand 32 guage ni 89 build. Shooting for .8 to .9 ohms

What mtl builds are you guys vaping on and have you made any parallel builds work? (28 guage parallel build swere harsh as fak for me. I feel like 32 guage wire should be thin enough. Maybe even 30.

vaping on stng rda by wotofo and dovpo dual topside squonk(big mod for this rda but oh well.)
Black and gold edition mod and gold stng.
Great rda and only 15 bucks. Simple and basic but nice. Airflow can be set to tight as f or on the loose side.
Recommend for sure. Especially if you are low on money.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
Using 28g ni80 2mm 9 wraps. 17 watts(4.2v). Great throat hit but not too hard. Nice little cloud for an mtl.

I want to try a parallel 2 strand 32 guage ni 89 build. Shooting for .8 to .9 ohms

What mtl builds are you guys vaping on and have you made any parallel builds work? (28 guage parallel build swere harsh as fak for me. I feel like 32 guage wire should be thin enough. Maybe even 30.

Vaping on stng rda by wotofo and dovpo dual topside squonk(big mod for this rda but oh well.)
Black and gold edition mod and gold stng.
Great rda and only 15 bucks. Simple and basic but nice. Airflow can be set to tight as f or on the loose side.
Recommend for sure. Especially if you are low on money.
Also I want to get into building claptons. I want 2 to 3mm diameter and want to try all the variants of the Clapton to find which one I like best for mtl, I love the flavor and crackling. Shooting for .8 to 1 ohm for it. Ni80. Want it to be at least 5 or 6 wraps. ( Want it to have a little length, but not too much for a mtl)

My question is what size wires and how many cores for the fused? And the sizes for single core Clapton.

Really want to build my own instead of just buying them pre built.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
Also I want to get into building claptons. I want 2 to 3mm diameter and want to try all the variants of the Clapton to find which one I like best for mtl, I love the flavor and crackling. Shooting for .8 to 1 ohm for it. Ni80. Want it to be at least 5 or 6 wraps. ( Want it to have a little length, but not too much for a mtl)

My question is what size wires and how many cores for the fused? And the sizes for single core Clapton.

Really want to build my own instead of just buying them pre built.
Due to being able to fine tune the build to exactly how I want it which you don't get the option to with prebuilts, hoping for it to be what you want.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
Due to being able to fine tune the build to exactly how I want it which you don't get the option to with prebuilts, hoping for it to be what you want.
The build I'm using now is almost identical to the one that comes with it. (except the one that comes with it is 2.5mm and 8 wraps I think and 1.2ohm) the smaller diameter seems to make it ramp up a tad quicker. The small things make a big difference though sometimes.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
The build I'm using now is almost identical to the one that comes with it. (except the one that comes with it is 2.5mm and 8 wraps I think and 1.2ohm) the smaller diameter seems to make it ramp up a tad quicker. The small things make a big difference though sometimes.
So I didn't name the post properly. I basically want to know what materials I'd need for a Clapton of that range.

I guess I'm doing something wrong I'd no one is commenting on this

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
So I didn't name the post properly. I basically want to know what materials I'd need for a Clapton of that range.

I guess I'm doing something wrong I'd no one is commenting on this
Hi HashiramadYomama

I like 28/36 SS316L Clapton spooled wire from WireOptim. It would put you in that range.

If you wanted more mass then I would suggest 28x2/40 SS316L.

Yeah, I know neither is Ni80. I prefer SS316L for vaping in TC and wattage modes.

Checkout WireOptim's page for their hybrid wire types. It shows you the number of wraps and ohms for each of the wires they carry.

I also have some Ni80 30x4/40 that I like. WireOptim carries a decent selection of Ni80 wire. Go have a look. Perhaps you'll find something there that suits you.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
I like the ni80 because it ramps up quickly it seems like. I feel like claptons are the next best thing behind mesh for maximizing flavor. And I've never heard of a mesh mtl rda, it's be sick if wotofo made one. But I'm shocked with how much flavor this little 28 guage 9 wrap 2mm build gives. I guess having a smaller chamber helps the flavor and I heard having the coil positioned as low as it can go helps too so I did that. I just love the heavy popping claptons do, and I feel like claptons do have a more saturated flavor over wire builds(though I've had some regular parallel wire builds come very close to Clapton flavor) .

So what advantages does ss316 have over ni80 putting tc mode aside because I don't like tc. Even at the highest temp setting it isn't hot enough for me.
I'm gonna take a guess ss316 is cooler than ni80, because my ss316 strips in my profile ps rda are wayyuy cooler of a vape than the other metals. Am I correct? And if so what are the other differences. I do know ss31-6 is a ..... to wrap because it doesn't like to hold it's shape, so with really thin wire I feel it's be a pain.

Has anyone ever done a parallel Clapton build?(not for mtl) Would have to be very thin claptons if possible at all.

I want to try first before the Clapton build one that I thought up, 32 guage wire 2 strand parallel, 2.5mm 5 wraps at .9 ohm roughly, and also same everything except 3mm at 1 ohm. .9 ohm to 1.1 ohm seems to be the sweet spot for me with mtl. I'm going to try both of those and see which is better. Not many people at all do parallel mtl builds so I'm excited for it.

And is that material you told me for a fused Clapton or what, I want to try all the different claptons. From what I've tried, I could be way wrong, but staple claptons seemed to be the coolest vape where alien claptons were the hottest. So let me know if I'm right on that or of they type of Clapton even matters regarding how much heat it gives off. ( I like a warm vape, but not a hot vape). Sometimes when I want to give my lungs a break I prefer cool vapor.

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2023
I make my builds only with single SS316L 28 or 30ga for my MTL RTAs and i make them with 5 or 6 spaced wraps... and the same thing with my single coil RDAs but with thicker wire, mostly on TC Mode, and sometimes on Wattage Mode... and i prefer a warm-ish better than the hot-ish, so i run them in quite low Watts and even if i chain-vape then they are not going to be super hot... !

About the TC Mode with SS316L :
Usually my builds are quite good and i know my attys quite good (at least for my style of vaping...) so i use the TC Mode mostly as a backup... just in case that something is gonna happen... or if i forgot something... basically something like a safety feature... !
And so far i pretty good with my setup as a whole... !

Reactions: easyvape

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
I tried spaced builds but they seem like they have a less saturated flavor. I always end up wishing my coil was shorter sometimes or had more space on the deck,(when not spacing them) so I never saw any reason to space em. Maybe I'm using the wrong wire? 28 g nic80 9 wraps 2mm . I bed everyone saying ni80 is Good to mtl because of faster ramp times. Which makes sense due to having a small t

What are the advantages /reason for a spaced build? They just seem bland. I guess I could see them being used if you want a cooler more gentle hit. But all it does is waste room in my eyes.
So happy with my 9 wraps ni80 build. Literally perfect for what it is. I think it vapes much better than the 1.2 ohm coil that was 2.5mm 8 wraps, (mines 2mm and 9wraps. Tiny t hing made such big different in the hit.

I'm really tired, so forgive me for not being clear, what's a good spaced build and what's the point of them?

Reactions: TARTARA

easyvape

ECF Veteran
  • Oct 17, 2022
    I make my builds only with single SS316L 28 or 30ga for my MTL RTAs and i make them with 5 or 6 spaced wraps... and the same thing with my single coil RDAs but with thicker wire, mostly on TC Mode, and sometimes on Wattage Mode... and i prefer a warm-ish better than the hot-ish, so i run them in quite low Watts and even if i chain-vape then they are not going to be super hot... !

About the TC Mode with SS316L :
    Usually my builds are quite good and i know my attys quite good (at least for my style of vaping...) so i use the TC Mode mostly as a backup... just in case that something is gonna happen... or if i forgot something... basically something like a safety feature... !
    And so far i pretty good with my setup as a whole... !
    I agree, I do similar for MTL. Single SS316L though I usually use 26g or 28g, spaced also. I find spaced to be better because of more even heat/less hot spots.

• Winner
    Reactions: TARTARA
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread