1.7ohm single coil 510 xl cartomizer by Smok Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethal-Dose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I've been using these for a week now with my gripper mod for stealth vaping.
I primed the first with about 40-45 drops until it was all moist. And let me tell you it works great.
My main concern is how often do I have to top them off and how many drops to add and how to even tell when to top them off?
Do they taste burned when they get dry?
I've just been adding 5 drops every like 3 hours.

Can someone lead me in the right direction with these. And what's the best way to prime them and to top them off? And how often to top them off.

vape on :vapor:

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
How often to top them off is dependent on how much you vape

If they tasted burned then they are fried and will always taste burned

add as many drops as it takes to make the filler materiel look "slushy" or have a moist look

youtube search of taryn spin

taryn spin - YouTube

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
How often to top them off is dependent on how much you vape

If they tasted burned then they are fried and will always taste burned

add as many drops as it takes to make the filler materiel look "slushy" or have a moist look

youtube search of taryn spin

taryn spin - YouTube

Completely agree. Your vaping habits will dictate how often they need to be topped off, sadly you will likely burn a few of them in the process of figuring out what that means to you.

Once burnt, they are pretty worthless and will need to be replaced. If you can figure out how often to top them off, it will reduce the number of burnt cartos you go through. I tend to use clearos since I could never figure out how to keep a carto from burning myself ... :(

HTH

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I used the Smok 1.7 ohm and the 2.0 ohm XL alone for over a year before I started using a carto tank. Between the two the 1.7 ohm will run hotter and needs more attention to keep it from burning.

I vaped about 2ml per day and found myself adding a few drops of liquid every fifteen minutes for maximum vapor density and longest carto life. I would replace them when the taste started to fall off. That was after running about 15ml of flavored liquid through them. I could use them longer with unflavored.

These Smok XL cartos hold about 1.8ml of liquid but they can hold more than that. Each carto will have its own capacity to a small degree. I primed a new and dry carto by dripping between 50 and 65 drops of liquid into them from a typical 30ml dripper bottle. I'd wait 10 minutes to let them soak and gently blow out the excess from the air passage hole onto some paper towel or Kleenex. Then the cartos were good to go.

Now I just prime the Smok XLs with a syringe and 1.8ml of liquid. Stick the needle between the filler and the inside of tube and go all the way down. Draw the needle out slowly while releasing the liquid.

Vape a 1.7 ohm Smok down to about 1/2 full and it's going to burn.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with the above. One of the downsides to using a cartomizer alone (without a cartotank) is not being able to see your juice level to know when to top them off. Experience will be the key to gauge when it becomes necessary. If you let it go, you'll maybe get a couple of vapes where you'll notice the vape is dry with no flavor. Stop vaping and fill'r up. Otherwise the filler will burn and you'll never get that removed - the carto will be toast.

Or, whenever you get the chance, top it off. It will sort of be like dripping on an atomizer, but a carto will allow you to go far longer without adding juice than a drip atomizer will.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
So I've been using these for a week now with my gripper mod for stealth vaping.
I primed the first with about 40-45 drops until it was all moist. And let me tell you it works great.
Have been using these for almost 2 years and I LOVE them. Only order from Vendors that have high volume as there are still some duds out there from The "Boge/ SmokTech Gate" days when they changed the filler and really messed up.

My main concern is how often do I have to top them off and how many drops to add and how to even tell when to top them off?
Do they taste burned when they get dry?
I've just been adding 5 drops every like 3 hours.
It depends on how much you vape. When topped off the filler should look slushie like- when dry the filler will become white. They take 1.8 ml juice- 20 drops= 1 ml.

Can someone lead me in the right direction with these. And what's the best way to prime them and to top them off? And how often to top them off.
Within 1 week of using them I added a carto tank so I wouldn't have to worry about burnt carto filler.

Here's a vid and the way I use to initial first fill them- note he stresses to do it VERY slowly- also shows a pic of how the cartos filler should look.

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
They're the ones that help me got through with 2 smoke-free years, so far, together with Boge LR cartomizers (2 ohm). I've just ordered some yesterday (ST and Boge). I'm currently experimenting on modern cart devices, which I found to have tons of issues like burnt taste, gurgling, leaking and all sorts of issues. But I'm not rushing as long as regular cartos are still available. I'm not giving them up. ;-)

WileECoyote

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2013
Woodbridge, VA, USA
www.zidrate.com
They're the ones that help me got through with 2 smoke-free years, so far, together with Boge LR cartomizers (2 ohm). I've just ordered some yesterday (ST and Boge). I'm currently experimenting on modern cart devices, which I found to have tons of issues like burnt taste, gurgling, leaking and all sorts of issues. But I'm not rushing as long as regular cartos are still available. I'm not giving them up. ;-)

Good job on the 2 years! I was happy to reach a month. I can't wait for my 1 year mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread