◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Nuppin question, how hard is it, or is it possible to turn the center post to align with the negative connections on the deck? :?:

Thanks
KAS

I just want to make sure I don't damage it.
Definitely possible. Use a well-fitting screw driver in the slot and protect the atty base from damage by whatever you clamp it in (vise grips or a bench vise) by wrapping something something like a strip of leather around it.

Agree with Rossum, but you open Pandora's box by potentially loosening the insulator, enabling the post to spin more freely when tightening the coil

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Agree with Rossum, but you open Pandora's box by potentially loosening the insulator, enabling the post to spin more freely when tightening the coil
Peter told me to do mine a long time ago when I asked him. If it just realigning it is no problem as Uwe stated. I was able to do it with my hands and a rubber thing I use for pots to hold it. It's not that hard to accomplish.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
So, the V2 is different from the V1. kas122461 has all V2.

They are both "threaded", and both can be turned.

The V2 is much, much easier to turn. You still might want to use a grippy thing in your "atty holding" hand (grippy glove, rubber band wrapped) .. . I can do it with bare hand, however.

The threads on the V2 have a bigger pitch: i.e. turning the screw has a larger effect on the length of the 510. A quarter turn should be fine; but you should expect to have to make adjustments on the mod's 510.

I don't think that giving it 1/4 turn, once, is going to lead to spinny-post. I do think that spinny-post is more likely to result with an atty that gets frequent tweaking down there. And, I do think that there's a big ol' murky grey area as to how much fiddling will lead to it.

Personally, I wouldn't adjust any atty any more than necessary. But I would definitely adjust one atty, one time, to try that different alignment. And, if I liked it, I'd adjust a couple more in that same way.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
image.png

:thumbs:

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
My Pinch arrived today :)

wcn2u967nyz6z9z6g.jpg

Its wonderful Peter, Thank you my friend :cool:

Now off to make some goodies from the left over wood you sent along :D
I love it Marcus! I also got mine today but you guys get NO pictures! I can't get it to look the way Peter did!
Thanks Bee Man!

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

wcn2u967nyz6z9z6g.jpg

That's one beautiful pinch Marcus!!! Looking forward to see what goodies you come up with! :)
Mine is supposed to be delivered today also. Probably won't post any pics till I have the matching drip tips to go with it :D

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

wcn2u967nyz6z9z6g.jpg

I love it Marcus! I also got mine today but you guys get NO pictures! I can't get it to look the way Peter did!
Thanks Bee Man!

Mine too!!!

I can't get mine to look as good in pics either Tami, but ima gonna do it anyway :)

image.jpeg

Love it P, thank you!

Marcus, she looks awesome my brother, that blue has so much depth and compliments the wood perfectly. And there's spalting :thumbs:

Last edited:

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
Mine too!!!

I can't get mine to look as good in pice either Tami, but ima gonna do it anyway :)

View attachment 601563

Love it P, thank you!

Marcus, she looks awesome my brother, that blue has so much depth and compliments the wood perfectly. And there's spalting :thumbs:
Yes you did Bri! It's beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread