RDA Zero RDA experience. Recommend one for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Hello all. I am ready to try a dripper. I have experience coil building and wicking for a Lemo , but sometimes find getting the wicking "just right" to be a frustrating experience. I'd like recommendations from you but I have some specific preferences and I consider my priorities to be in this order:

1. Hassle free, single coil build. I just would like something where the wicking is very forgiving. VERY important to me that it is super easy to build on. I am not going to fuss with dual coils, no matter how much anyone tells me it's easy. Some days I have no patience.
2. Fairly deep well. Not sure how much but I don't like the idea of constantly dripping.
3. Not prone to leaking
4. Adjustable airflow or pretty substantial airflow if not adjustable. I am a lung hitter.
5. Under $50 or easily found used in the classifieds for that price.

I intend to use on regulated device, above 1 ohm . Usually I'll be building with microcoils and organic cotton.

It makes no difference to me if the dripper is 3 yr old technology or anything else.....it doesn't have to be latest/greatest. I want to be able to get up and running in 10 mins from coil build to wicked.......and be able to use this on a wide range of devices, including my current mod , the istick.

jonnychadootz

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
Westchester, NY
Gonna hit you with my xp so far (which may or may not be what you are looking for) Recently I purchased a Helios clone from ebay ($11) shipped (received in 2 days) It is traditionally designed for dual coils (I run it single though) It has 4 air holes and an adjustable airflow ring. What I did was take 2 small screws and put them in the air holes of the side I m not using. I then decided to grind out the juice channels a bit more. I realize you probably don't want to go through that much effort though :) The deck is extremely easy to build on due to it's post design. As for the "forgiving" wicking, this entirely dependent on the size of coils you decide to wrap/how much cotton/wicking material you decide to use. This may or may not be helpful to you but I figured I would share :)

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
I've been using this:

Big 28.5mm 101 Vape Adjustable Airflow Atomizer - 101 Vape

It's my second dripper. It's huge. Plenty of room to build on, adjustable airflow, good factory build quality, shiny, and huge.

It'll do single or dual coils. Because it's huge.

And it's cheap!

Did I mention it's huge?

My review on that page is listed under the name JohnT.

Hope this helps!
-Johntodd

jonnychadootz

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
Westchester, NY
I've been using this:

Big 28.5mm 101 Vape Adjustable Airflow Atomizer - 101 Vape

It's my second dripper. It's huge. Plenty of room to build on, adjustable airflow, good factory build quality, shiny, and huge.

It'll do single or dual coils. Because it's huge.

And it's cheap!

Did I mention it's huge?

My review on that page is listed under the name JohnT.

Hope this helps!
-Johntodd

$9.99, that's a damn good price. Juice wells seems pretty plentiful as well. Might have to look into grabbing 1 of these myself for a 2nd juice flavor on the ready :)

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
I dont have one yet, but i have one on the way (clone).
The Marquis sounds like it ticks all your boxes, with its coil rods and leakproof design. Just a suggestion :)
This week I ordered a Freakshow V2, TugBoat V2 and my first "clone" (Marquis RDA). The "clone" is said to be spot on, with the main differences being that the insulators are a different color and the bell has slightly "squared" edges/corners compared to the authentic. The Veritas looked promising, but the Marquis RDA appears to be a better over-all design.

Bleheri

Jul 13, 2014
Denmark
This week I ordered a Freakshow V2, TugBoat V2 and my first "clone" (Marquis RDA). The "clone" is said to be spot on, with the main differences being that the insulators are a different color and the bell has slightly "squared" edges/corners compared to the authentic. The Veritas looked promising, but the Marquis RDA appears to be a better over-all design.

I got the black box(A) version at FT on the way, do you know the maker of the clone you got ?

I will look into all these. Thanks. The marquis looks nice. Maybe I'll start by trying the clone, though......$145 is a bit steep for my cheap tastes.

Yeah, i agree... some of the prices on vaping stuff is a bit steep.
I`m still on my journey to find the type of RDA`s i like, so i try out the cheap stuff (clone`s mostly)atm.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA

The problem with the Marquis is the design (similar to veritas) makes it look leak resistant, but its not.

The faces around the airflow holes should never have been milled flat, there's a reason the Veritas airhole sits on a sloped ridge, that's what stops the leaking.

Other than that the Marquis is an upgrade in nearly every way, its just sad that what could have been basically a perfect atty was shorted about 1 minute worth of mill time.

Pbusardo said essentially the same thing as me in his review, though he wanted it for added juice capacity.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
I got the black box(A) version at FT on the way, do you know the maker of the clone you got ?

Yeah, i agree... some of the prices on vaping stuff is a bit steep.
I`m still on my journey to find the type of RDA`s i like, so i try out the cheap stuff (clone`s mostly)atm.
I ordered my Marquis "clone" from Vape Demand llc : MARQUIS RDA | Vape Demand, LLC
It doesn't say who the manufacturer is..

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
The problem with the Marquis is the design (similar to veritas) makes it look leak resistant, but its not.

The faces around the airflow holes should never have been milled flat, there's a reason the Veritas airhole sits on a sloped ridge, that's what stops the leaking.

Other than that the Marquis is an upgrade in nearly every way, its just sad that what could have been basically a perfect atty was shorted about 1 minute worth of mill time.

Pbusardo said essentially the same thing as me in his review, though he wanted it for added juice capacity.

Thanks for the insight. Good to know.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Just pulled the trigger on a clone Marquis from FT. If I love it , will likely buy another authentic. So, anyone think that I'll be able to use my istick with this or is 20w AND 1 OHM limitation not really going to allow me to give this atty it's potential. Guess I might be shopping for a mod with more range now too.

Down the rabbit hole again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread