Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My Young June Lavatube is several months and about 100 nosedives old now and a problem has arisen that I'm seeking sympathy for (and a solution if possible). I am getting a poor connection on my juice devices. Often times it wont fire so I have to give the clearo a twist or rock it one way or the other to get it to fire. It is getting progressively worse and sometimes all the twisting and rocking doesn't work. It does not seem to be clearo-specific as this happens with all my clearos. I've pried the battery post up with a jeweler's screwdriver and that seems to be a temporary fix at best. I know others have had this problem so I thought I would seek advice. I have a couple different 510 ---> 510 adapters coming and will try that as well. One is sealed, the other not.

Thanks for your help.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My deepest sympathies for your loss. That said, YJ is junk. Mho, of course, but one shared by many. Give it a nice send-off and get a Vamo or something halfway decent and end your sorrows. RIP.

Ha, I can show you comments that says a Vamo is junk. :) I don't blame the Lavatube. If you saw how many times I have sent that thing flying across the room you'd turn into a YJ LT fan. Nothing can put up with the abuse I've put that thing through. I'm rather impressed it has lasted this long.

dirtyrigger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
My deepest sympathies for your loss. That said, YJ is junk. Mho, of course, but one shared by many. Give it a nice send-off and get a Vamo or something halfway decent and end your sorrows. RIP.
the VAMO hasn't even been out long enough to know what the long term issues with it are.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
i've had my chrome YJ for several months and have dropped it a few times also. It's a great affordable device. If you can pull up the connector, put one of these in it. https://www.litecigusa.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EGO3.5mlSScone

I've had this since i got my YJ and it keeps the center connector nice and snug so it doesn't weaken it. I also put a thin O ring down the outer perimeter before putting the ego dct cone sleeve down, to take care of drips. Works flawlessly.

I don't know how anyone could think one chinese product is better than another. they are all comparable, and not meant to last = crap. That's why if you learn how to take care of it with tweaks, it will last a lot longer. i remember when i got mine, ppl were .....ing how all the chrome wore off the buttons within weeks. mine is still pristine with no chrome loss. i use a lanyard for mine which also protects it when in/out of use.

hope you get yours working again

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
I don't know how anyone could think one chinese product is better than another. they are all comparable, and not meant to last = crap. That's why if you learn how to take care of it with tweaks, it will last a lot longer. i remember when i got mine, ppl were .....ing how all the chrome wore off the buttons within weeks. mine is still pristine with no chrome loss. i use a lanyard for mine which also protects it when in/out of use.

hope you get yours working again

That's like saying all American products are good or junk, or German, or Swiss, or fill in the blank. Really? You can actually generalize like that? I've had two YJ black chrome units (one DOA, the other dead soon after) and these really were junk. My L-Riders, on the other hand, both work like champs after long use and abuseage. They may not be Provaris, but they're far from junk.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
jontpt, while I am sure there are exceptions, I have always felt comfortable in saying that Chinese-made e-cig gear is junk. I base this in fact that anything I get from the Chinese I am VERY skeptical of. They've proven time and again to me that QC is not a priority to them. I don't know how this agrees or disagrees with your point, but I just want to note that I have no reservations in saying that Chines-made e-cig gear is generally crap!

I will be buying a Provari ASAP and putting an end to crap. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I found a solution to my Lavatube problems...

IMG_5265_zps7d547486.jpg

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Ha, I can show you comments that says a Vamo is junk. :) I don't blame the Lavatube. If you saw how many times I have sent that thing flying across the room you'd turn into a YJ LT fan. Nothing can put up with the abuse I've put that thing through. I'm rather impressed it has lasted this long.

Sorry to disagree but I think the vamo is junk. I'll take my LT any day.
sorry bronze. mis post but hope the person will under stand. Long day, Old tired eyes. Hope your doing good. I miss all my HHV friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread