Wis. Indoor Vaping Ban "Unlikely"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Despite false and defamatory rhetoric from the Lung Association and its media accomplices, "Key Republican lawmakers oppose banning vaping indoors, putting in jeopardy a proposal to bar from businesses an activity that has been linked to serious illnesses and even death."

That's the first paragraph. The second paragraph expands on the Big Lie. "The bill to add vaping to the statewide indoor smoking ban was introduced by 45 lawmakers earlier this year amid growing evidence that the products can severely damage users' lungs."

Dona Wininsky of the American Lung Association tells the biggest whopper of all: "'With all we’ve learned about how vaping can cause lung injury and even death, we should be doing everything we can to protect people from involuntary exposure to secondhand e-cigarette aerosol, whether from the person dining at the table next to us in the restaurant or the coworker a desk away,' she said."

The article fails to mention THC even once.
Banning vaping indoors unlikely after key Republican lawmakers signal opposition

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
  • Agree
Reactions: Izan

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
It has now been updated to mention THC.

"Nationwide, more than 1,600 people with lung injuries have told doctors they recently vaped THC or nicotine or both. Thirty-four people have died from vaping-related illness in 24 states, according to Centers for Disease Control data as of Oct. 22."

Still not good enough.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
So glad for the Republican majority in WI legislature. Without it, the ban would likely already be in place. With it, they seem content allowing private businesses to make their own decision.

I certainly vape less indoors (in public) than I did 5 years ago, but still have attitude of I'm going to vape in your establishment, whether you like it or not, and I pretty darn sure you'll never know. I most recently did it in ER.

Given what I see (or know) as benefits of vapor, all non-users ought to thank us for vaping in their presence. I realize that will probably never happen, but still think that if clouds aren't permeating the space, that non-users truly ought to be grateful.

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread