Why Tobacco Flavors Don't Taste Like Analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
So in other words pipe smokers are somehow "above" regular smokes? Kind of the same way a person can throw 2 bottles of wine down their throat and they are in no way drunks, they are "wine connoisseurs" ?

Yes. Pipe smoking is on a different level than smoking cigarettes. I've smoked them both. Smoking cigarettes for a long time and then discovering pipe smoking is like eating big macs all your life and then trying a porterhouse steak. No comparison.

msroulette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
So in other words pipe smokers are somehow "above" regular smokes? Kind of the same way a person can throw 2 bottles of wine down their throat and they are in no way drunks, they are "wine connoisseurs" ?
But anyways, you know why liquids dont taste like what you used to smoke? Because they are PG/VG with artificial flavoring in it, it is the same reason why when you drink a grape soda or candy it tastes nothing like a grape.

Yipes. cynical much?

Not all juices are made with artificial flavors...There are some that are made by extracting actual tobacco and using organic flavorings, such as Vaperite.

I think the OP was very much in-line and the point that was being made was totally misconsrued.

Buzzy

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Chicago
I was a longtime pipe smoker and cigarette smoker: the pipe for leisurely time at home, and cigarettes for out-and-about moments and 10 minute breaks at work. It is true that there is a huge difference in the tobacco between pipe and cigarette. But one other major difference between either of these and the ecig - eliquid is not burned. No combustion. And extracting tobacco flavor for blending in eliquid just won't create quite the same taste as taking that tobacco and burning it. For which I am in fact now quite thankful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread