• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where to buy large (2.5l) glass bottles in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benson112

Oct 13, 2014
Coventry, UK
Hi All,

I want to pick up some large 2.5l (2500ml) amber glass bottles to store my DIY ingredients in so I just wondered if anyone knows a good place to but them from?

I want something like this: 3 x 2500ml / 2.5l Winchester Pattern Amber Glass Chemistry Laboratory Bottles | eBay

But unfortunately its a little far for me to drive for 3 glass bottles :) Any ideas anyone? ive had a look (briefly ill admit) on some lab supply sites but the ones ive seen so far arent exactly user friendly

thanks in advance :D

Benson112

Oct 13, 2014
Coventry, UK
Hi Benson
Thats approx 15 miles from my house.If you need any help,give me a shout.

thanks for the offer mate, much appreciated! Wouldnt expect you to go 15 miles out of your way for me though, im sure there must be somewhere I can order these damn things from! lol.

I dont like storing my things in the flimsy plastic bottles they arrive in so any alternative (glass only) would be better for my peace of mind :)

Davantrac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Darlington, UK.
Might not be of any use to you, but have you considered wine making Demi johns? I know they don't have screw on tops but I'm not a wine maker so I don't know what might fit. Should be easier to get hold of though.

Or another thought. If your friendly in the local boozer, how some of those large spirit bottles. I know I had one to save my pennies in, it must be at least 2 ltr in size. Can't even remember where it's stored now lol.

Last edited:

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
Interestingly I found that site by doing a Google search using the phrase from your question "(2.5l) glass bottles in UK".
https://www.google.com/search?q=(2....i57j69i60l3&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8
And that link was the last one on the first page of the results.
I just did that search again and the link has suddenly shot up to number one on the page.
Interesting bit of search engine optimisation - something I used to be interested in but aren't really any longer.
Also note that this thread is the third link on the page too.

Edit - What I just wrote is crap - the link has moved up 3 places, not to the top - I think I'm losing my marbles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread