What's under your lip/in your nose right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning. I got an email from General this morning offering a coupon so just out of curiosity I did a retail location search and all of a sudden they are listing almost every Quiktrip gas station in Kansas City as a retailer. I will have to go check it out for myself. That would be really nice if I could just stop by and pick up a can of mint any time I wanted. Well, depending on the price anyway. My fear is that they'll only have the new nordic and classic. That would be disappointing.

thunder berry
    coffee

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    Hitt, I don't understand why they came out with a different product to compete with Camel and Marlboro snus. S.M. has a far superior product already.

The Thunder Orange was ok to start, but the more I get into the can, the less I like it. The chocomint, on the other hand, has gotten better for me. A lot less sweet than the cool mint, with no artificial sweetener after taste. Both the orange and the cool mint have a strong artificial sweetener taste to them that lingers after I take the portions out.

Getting ready to face the day with:

Thunder O
    Coffee

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Evidentally I must like artificial sweetener. I use it in my coffee at work and really like the cool mint. To me, the orange is just kind of weird. I'm down to just a few portions of the orange a week while trying to use up what I got. I didn't like the chocomint at first either but while using up the few cans that I got on a previous order, it kind of grew on me. I love to drink coffee and thought the coffee supreme had a good flavor but for some reason couldn't stick with it. I went thru the same thing with coffee flavored liquids. I thought, "hey I love coffee so why not vape coffee liquids". It just never worked out.

Thunder cool mint
    coffee

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hitt, I think that will be what you find and if you're like this area, they'll be selling 10 portion trial cans. I don't know why they can't give us a little of the Swedish "flavors", especially the mint. I also don't like that they went with the oblong cans rather than the round with storage space. That is so convenient for those that don't carry a third party can like the ice tool cans.

I still pick up a can whenever I run out just to my part to give them some numbers. If they can get a foothold, perhaps they'll bring in some traditional stuff. BTW, I saw a thread started about Lorillard buying Blu Cig. That should be interesting.

Werkit, I tried to download TOR to check it out, but it was slow as H. It was going to take hours and I'm not sure how much I'd use it.

Skry, I agree with you. Why try copying an inferior product although I just lipped a Camel Mellow a few minutes ago.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Almost forgot to mention that I took my mom kicking and screaming to the Cardiologist today. I got more detail on her condition and apparently her heart is all clogged up, the whole lower half plus she has a couple leaking valves. I thought the most humorous comment was after the doc went over mom's medical history, very little, and the few medicines she's on, she told my mom, "I see why you've lived so long, you stayed away from us."

I'm doing pretty well with these doctors. My mom has managed to get two cool, hot middle aged women as her doctors- GP and Cardio. It's not half bad "having" to take her for an appointment.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I don't usually go to quiktrip very often but I might have to run by there tonight to see if I can get a can. I am hoping for general mint but roth you are probably right about them only having the nordic and classic. I'll let you know what I find. Like you said, it might be a good idea to buy a can here and there to coax them into stocking more options in the future. How much are the ten portion cans?

So are they considering heart surgery on your mom? I didn't know if it was a good idea at her age. That's not a bad deal though about the two hot doctors. That can make the wait somewhat worth it.

Lab05
    water

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Ok guys, I stopped at QT on the way home and they had a big general snus sign on top of where the booze is. I asked if they had general mint and the cashier and the manager both looked at me like an alien. I explained I wanted what was on the sign. I'm not sure if they were sold out or what but they did have general white and general original. I gladly bought a can of white and smiled the whole way out. I can't believe I finally am able to stop at any one of dozens of QT gas stations and get a can of general out of the small snus fridge behind the counter. I am ecstatic. It was 3.99 a can which I thought wasn't bad for retail. While I was at the counter looking at what they had, another customer(guy) asked me what it was and a gave him the short explanation that it is smokeless tobacco made in sweden and much safer than chew. I'll have to check the one closer to my house to see if they have the mint. That's not a bad price at all considering I don't have to pay shipping.

general white

W Axl Rose

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2009
    Iowa
    What's a maple and green harvest??

I need to catch up on posts, but that one caught my eye.

I survived both flights, but it took three of the little white pills each flight to knock me out. I was shocked though. I've never taken a tranquilizer before. I was still scared as he!! but I couldn't manage to stay focused on it. Also, when the pills wore off, they just wore off. that was it! Not something I want to take often, but it made the flying more bearable.

With all the charging around the parks we did, I am not sure how I managed to GAIN 5lbs. Sheesh. My body is incredibly efficient with food apparently.

thunder original
    bud 55

IT IS GOOD TO BE HOME!!!!!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good morning. Axl, the green harvest is made by general and the maple is by Mocca. Mocca mint was one of the first snus I tried. After trying general mint I lost my taste for the mocca. The maple is a new flavor. I meant to get a can or two of the green harvest to try on the last order but totally forgot.

Welcome home. I know that when we take a vacation that I'm usually more than ready to be back home by the end of it. I don't even know if we'll go anywhere this year. We want to trade my wife's car in this summer so that will put a big dent in our finances. Not to mention I'll have to take on a car payment for the first time in four or five years. My stomach turns just thinking about it.

thunder berry
    coffee

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hitt, I paid $2.10 taxed which is expensive compared to a 24 portion can (slightly over $5). However it's convenient, kind of since it's in the second tier stores. I have a feeling BT has controlled the larger, more popular locations. That makes the test marketing a lot tougher. I just read your second post which is a good sign, they carry "real" snus. Haven't seen that yet.

No surgery, too old and too much damage. Everything is being controlled with meds. The Pavlov's dog method we've installed insures she gets the pills on a regular schedule and the correct ones. I was there yesterday when the unit went off. It was kind of funny. She doesn't understand where the sounds coming from, but she hears it well. Slowly she worked her way to the kitchen and realized it was the pill dispenser that was going off. Much better than her using a manual pill dispenser. Sometimes she'd forget and sometimes take too many. Not good for a heart patient.

Welcome back Axl. I was thinking of you last week while you were in the sun and I was in a storm. FC got hit with a snow storm while you were fun and sunning it. I thought I got lucky with the storm until yesterday when I went into the back yard, Wrong. I had one tree snapped and a beautiful Red Bud in bloom uprooted. It's too big to try to pull back up, plus no good anchor so I suppose after the blooms die off, it will have to be chopped up. Unfortunately when it fell it hit a smaller Red Bud that is now leaning badly. Hopefully I can save that one.

Grov
    Water

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Roth, Quiktrip is a big chain here and I was very surprised to hear that they were carrying general. I was especially surprised to see real snus and no nordic or classic. I would have thought that BT would have blocked the way for them to get into a big chain like this one. Maybe they slipped in under the radar. However they did it, I hope they stay in the stores. If they are successful then maybe it will pave the way for other manufacturers to break into the American market.

thunder cool mint
    water

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    Wow, you guy's are getting it cheap... LOL I can get the real stuff in the next town, but here it is $7.00 a can. They have mint, but none of the high nic stuff. From what I understand, they aren't offered anything but the regular strength stuff.

Roth, I wish you and you're Mom the best.

Axl, welcome back. Hope you all had a great time.

I've got all sorts of idea's in my head about my next straight. I hope I can pull it off..... I should really finish the project's I've started though. I have two razors here that need new scales that I've never shaved with.

Getting ready for work with:

Thunder O
    Coffee

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    www.guttermouthelectronics.com
    it's awesome that you guys are getting snus locally.Being out in the middle of nowhere, it will probably be 40 years before they have it anywhere around here :)

speaking of - i'm sitting here looking out the window for ups to drop our last order off.Gotta love pact.....

offroad frosted
    H20

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Did you order anything new and exciting this time gutter. It seems like there are always so many new ones coming out that there's no way to try them all. That is unless you don't mind paying $40 for shipping to sample a few cans. I almost always get a few different new ones to try when I place an order. I goofed this last time though.

general white

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    www.guttermouthelectronics.com
    Did you order anything new and exciting this time gutter. It seems like there are always so many new ones coming out that there's no way to try them all. That is unless you don't mind paying $40 for shipping to sample a few cans. I almost always get a few different new ones to try when I place an order. I goofed this last time though.

general white

Nahh-nothing new and exciting, Just the ol regulars.I'm hoping to get into that brandy alexander this weekend though.It smells amazing.Hopefully we won't wait so long to order next time - there's a few new ones out that i'd like to try as well.

most of the day was spent sitting on the porch,playing guitar waiting on my ups guy to show. pretty slow day actually.
    time to hit the ol sackaroo
    Offroad frosted
    H20

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread