What brand/type 18350s should I buy to stack in a vamo v5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I'm using the EFest IMR 18350 800mah 3.7v High Drain Li-mn Rechargeable Battery with Button Top in my VAMO V5 in either single battery or stacked. I also have a set of the AW that also work as well but just be sure they are IMR type High Drain 10AMP or better. It doesn't seem to like Protected batteries much.

rucni

ECF Veteran
Not sure if i was informed correctly or not but my local shop told me not to stack batteries in my vamo. i have 2 icr18350 900mAh, 2 efest imr 18350 800mAh and 1 efest 18650 3400mAh battery. the 800 and 900mAh batteries only last me about 12hrs of chain vaping and the 3400mAh lasts around 3 days chain vaping. and i like the feel of my vamo better with the 18650 in it. it makes for a better self defence tool if needed lol.

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
Not knowing any better from the start of my vaping career I was stacking batts in 5v boxes mods from the get go. I still do BTW. Now that I do know better your local B&M is, IMO, full of poop. At least in the case of the Vamo, it has enough protection in it that it's not a problem. The reason I run stacked batts in the Vamo is because I was silly enough to buy some 2.5ohm DC cartos. They need the power of stacked batts to give a good vape. When running a single coil I just use an 18650.

Last edited:

rucni

ECF Veteran
Not knowing any better from the start of my vaping career I was stacking batts in 5v boxes mods from the get go. I still do BTW. Now that I do know better your local B&M is, IMO, full of poop. At least in the case of the Vamo, it has enough protection in it that it's not a problem. The reason I run stacked batts in the Vamo is because I was silly enough to buy some 2.5ohm DC cartos. They need the power of stacked batts to give a good vape. When running a single coil I just use an 18650.

i am using protank 3's, again local shop said i would fry my single coil protank 2 if used on the vamo. and i vape at 3.8-4.0 volts on the 2.0 ohm dc PT3. my PT2 i use 2.5ohm coils on my ego-c twist at around 3.6volts

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
Don't know how you're going to fry any thing as long as you don't go really crazy on the volts or watts. I got the Vamo for the VW and I like it at 9 to 10 watts with the single coils. 9 watts on a 2.5 ohm single coil is 4.7 volts. A dual coil only sends half the power to each coil so you can set them higher. I use the dual coil 2.5 ohms at 12.5 watts. The problem I was having with the Protank 2 (and all other clearomizers) was that it didn't wick fast enough at those settings so I was getting dry hits. That's why I stuck with carto tanks for so long. The Aspire is changing that though!

Ohm's Law Calculator

Aspire BDC Glass Nova-S - Kidney Puncher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread