Vision spinner 2 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 hours should be enough for the battery indicator to turn blue (from my experience with my vision spinner 2). But to be more clear like what @MoDmAnDaN said, what tank are you using and what's the resistance of the coils?
One more thing, is your spinner authentic? Sorry for asking, because where I'm from there a lot of fakes and their quality is far from "okay".

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
There are known issues with Vision Spinners.

...often, they stop charging and seem to be 100% but you just plug them back in again and get another 2 hours charging.

I'm sorry to say they proved to be most unreliable. Sorting the charging is a must with these, or they'll drive you mad. Vision actually sold a special charger for it ($8) which i bought and it worked! I have no idea why, as it seemed the same as the other eGo chargers I owned that claimed to be 450mAh (or whatever they were supposed to be).

Steven McShane

Apr 24, 2016
There are known issues with Vision Spinners.

...often, they stop charging and seem to be 100% but you just plug them back in again and get another 2 hours charging.

I'm sorry to say they proved to be most unreliable. Sorting the charging is a must with these, or they'll drive you mad. Vision actually sold a special charger for it ($8) which i bought and it worked! I have no idea why, as it seemed the same as the other eGo chargers I owned that claimed to be 450mAh (or whatever they were supposed to be).

this appears to be the issue. I just changed the wall plug and I've charged it now for four hours. It seems to br a pain. What light colour on the battery itself indicates when it is fully charged? Or does the LED light on the charging connection actually indicate the level of charge?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
this appears to be the issue. I just changed the wall plug and I've charged it now for four hours. It seems to br a pain. What light colour on the battery itself indicates when it is fully charged? Or does the LED light on the charging connection actually indicate the level of charge?

I can't remember fully, I'm sorry.
Either way, I would think it was fully charged, and then undo everything and re-set it up as if it wasn't charged. Then it would continue to full charge.

Here is a quote (not mine) but it says the same thing. Source "Aussie Vapers"

I've found with my Spinner II - when I plug into the charger after power light turns blue suggesting depleted batt, it will charge for a short time and then show fully charged (green led on charger, power light on spinner)... this seems to be only up the the (voltage?) threshold where the first low charge warning light kicks in. If I take it off the charger and then thread it back on, it continues to charge for a much longer time right up until (I believe) it is actually fully charged.

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
  1. From my experience, the battery should be full when the color of the battery is white and the LED light on the charger shows green. If the battery indicator shows white but the charger still shows red that means the battery is still charging between 60-100%

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The '3' series Protanks used dual coils and dual silica wicks.
This (i.m.o.) only made the problems of leaking through the gaps in the juice channels only worse.
I would recommend you go cotton. Kanger VOCC coils should be more reliable and able to wick faster and vape at higher power.

--

Unfortunately, I refused to review the entire range of Kanger dual coils back when they came out (having been sent them all). Evod 2, Evod Glass, PT3, mini PT3.
It ended my reviewing career, but hey, you've got to stand up and be counted. They were close to being workable but I also felt they needed more power to match the single coil tanks.

f.w.i.w. the Protank 2 with the airflow base was less leaky and a nice vape all round. That paired with the MT32 SOCC coil was about the best combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread