video comparison KISS vs Njoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

accordeur

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2008
I just made this short video to compare the new KISS with the new njoy. If others do so, I'm curious to find out if my Janty is not up to par. Thanks, just follow the link. ( I would of posted in the review section, but I just noticed Smokey has not authorized me yet, even though I've been around since january.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VKr9n1aWjRQ

accordeur

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2008
Yeah, I tried my best to inhale the same on both. I have to admit, with all the hype about the KISS, there is this wishful thinking that I have that it is better. But it's not. I would prefer that others that own a KISS would tell me that I have a weak atomizer. Then I could still keep on dreaming that there is actually something better!!!!

masterslave

Jun 8, 2008
Hello All,

Been sitting on the side line reading for about a week until I got my own. I just got mine from Meltrex and gotta tell ya looking at the video my pen style puts out 2-3 X more vapor I also got the Super Mini and it's just as good. And tast wonderful to me.
I have also order the KB yentl love the Colors.

Well just my 2cent's what do I know I'm a newb :twisted:

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
i agree with masterslave.i have to say that my cheap rn4072 penstyle from pillbox put out at least 2-3 times more vapour than either your njoy or kissbox -and my atomiser and batteries are almost 2 months old!!i really hope you just got a dud accordeur,cos if you didnt ive just wasted my cash on the kissbox.is this what you njoy buyers have been putting up with all this time?that is rubbish in every way.even my worst cheap minicig preforms better than either of them! :shock:

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
accordeur said:
I just made this short video to compare the new KISS with the new Njoy. If others do so, I'm curious to find out if my Janty is not up to par. Thanks, just follow the link. ( I would of posted in the review section, but I just noticed Smokey has not authorized me yet, even though I've been around since january.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VKr9n1aWjRQ
Thank you accordeur. Great video!
welldone.gif

My NJoy started to act up about 4 days ago. I needed to constantly change the battery and the cartridges because the LED was flashing and the atomizer was getting too hot. I emailed them and they said they would send me a replacement. Thank God cause my Kissbox turned out to be a lemon.

However, I'm using Janty's cartridges in my NJoy and they really seem to last much longer!

accordeur

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2008
Well, now I'm really disappointed. I made that video this afternoon at 10pm forum time. The battery was freshly charged. It discharged at about 1am forum time. So I got the other one and it has now discharged at 4h00am forum. So about 3hrs smoking time. Granted, I have been smoking pretty much non-stop, and the fact the the atomizer is kinda weak, I'm probably using up the batteries even faster. The Njoy battery is still going strong, that's what I'm smoking now.Now I'm wondering if I should not just return the thing and get a refund instead of asking for a new atomizer. Any opinions? I can buy 2 Njoys for the price of the KISS, but to be honest I would of preferred the KISS to be superior. Very disappointing. Guess you guys were right, sounded too good to be true. I'm not sure what I will do.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I'd say return both, right off hand. ANd since you're not sure on the Njoy if it's a weak atomizer or battery on the Njoy, return the whole unit. But you don't say how long you've had it, how long you've charged the batteries for, etc. Make sure you charge the batteries a full 8 hours at least the first time. I've always done that, and it seems to work anyway. And on the Janty, you were using the automatic switch in the video. Have you tried the manual switch? I only used the manual switch on mine, and I always got huge clouds of vapor.

I'm trying to uploiad a poor quality video from my camer phone. I'll post a link when I get it done.

accordeur

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2008
I'm sure I can't return the Njoy, I've had it for a while now and they have already replaced my original atomizer and one faulty battery. Plus it's still the best e-cig I have had so far.

Now for the Janty KISS. I got it on monday. I followed the manual to the letter, charged both batteries for 16 hours, smoked for 20 minutes and charged again for another 4 hours. I get the same results with the manual switch. With USB and batteries. I have tried every possible combination and have never dripped or dry smoked it. I think I just have a weak atomizer.

One curious bit of info. The automatic switch works if you blow in it as well as suck on it. Weird.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i think u got two weak atomizers.. no way would (could) i smoke either.. both look rubbish as regards vapour production..

we need some more "examples" of what is what.. both are expensive products and both produces noticeably less vapour than my (cheap) pillbox ebay dse901 minis.. its quite clear peoples expectations of these things varies tremendously.. so do the items themselves.. even those with the same name..

but how well or poorly they work before they can be considered faulty has yet to be defined.. yours quite clearly work.. but can they be considered faulty.. i doubt it..

thanks for the video..

trog

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Sorry, I used the word "return" loosely. I meant return it for an exchange.

Anyway, here's that video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2dj3ffANp4

I didn't realize my cameraphone had sound, so I did it silently, but well, it did, so ignore the TV in the background. :D

That's 3 drags, each one going until the cutoff switch activated. And I didn't use fresh cartridges or batteries, just a random sample from my day.

Here's the same for my Janty KISSbox Yentyl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_uoZRxQKzg

And for MyECig's DSE901 Mini: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVLq1kW9myE

accordeur

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2008
Thanks Leaford,

To be fair, I think the lighting in my video is crappy, because my Njoy (I think) works just as well as yours. It is also very consistent. It's the KISS that is on the weak side. So I think I will ask for them to replace it. I just hope I don't have to ship this one back, wait till they get it and then wait again for the new one. That will take 3 weeks at least because I'm in Canada. The worst is that the new distributor from Canada is only 40km away from me, so if it's possible I would like to just go and exchange it. I think they don't have the KISS yet so, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread