Vapor Flask | Vapor Shark Collaboration Flask - ~$199!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
11352013_1589323614681732_1606197719_n.jpg

Looks like Vapor Flask and Vapor Shark are working together on a new Vapor Flask device that will have some of the internal features of the rDNA with the external features that the Flask is known for... all for ~$100 less!

"Coming Soon, The Vapor Flask by Vapor Shark. Vapor Shark and Vapor Flask teamed up to bring you this wonderful collaboration. Everything you love about the Flask but with new features like Zip Charging, reverse polarity buzzer and a dimmable, big screen dna 40 chip by Evolv. Pricing will be about $100 less then the current Flask. Stop by booth VIP 3 at World Vapor Expo to see it for yourself. You're welcome. @vaporflask" - Vapor Shark Facebook feed

What does everyone think about the announcement? Interested in the new collaboration?

I personally would have much rather seen a SX350J model (as would most on the FB reveal post looking at the comments!)... but i'll be picking up one of these as soon as they open a preorder!

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Yeah looks like it might be pretty cool!

There was some teasing by Vapor Shark to a comment with a user who asked about a DNA60... "Vapor SharkEvolv is not manufacturing a dna 60 chip at this time. However, there are bigger things coming. You'll see. 'wink emoticon' "

Hoping that "bigger things" is the SX350J or a new, unannounced 60+ watt DNA board. I'm not really a fan of the DNA 40... would like to have at least 60 watts for dripping and better reliability. (more so the increased wattage)

Reactions: NOVA jon

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
I love the 2 rDNA40 Sharks I have and just grabbed a sig 150! I'm really diggin' the extra umph from the sig! Nice warm dense flavorful vape but at the same time I love the nice consistant TP vape the shark gives as well.

More power and maybe the ability to get a slightly warmer TP vape would pull me right in!!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
11352013_1589323614681732_1606197719_n.jpg

Looks like Vapor Flask and Vapor Shark are working together on a new Vapor Flask device that will have some of the internal features of the rDNA with the external features that the Flask is known for... all for ~$100 less!

"Coming Soon, The Vapor Flask by Vapor Shark. Vapor Shark and Vapor Flask teamed up to bring you this wonderful collaboration. Everything you love about the Flask but with new features like Zip Charging, reverse polarity buzzer and a dimmable, big screen DNA 40 chip by Evolv. Pricing will be about $100 less then the current Flask. Stop by booth VIP 3 at World Vapor Expo to see it for yourself. You're welcome. @vaporflask" - Vapor Shark Facebook feed

What does everyone think about the announcement? Interested in the new collaboration?

I personally would have much rather seen a SX350J model (as would most on the FB reveal post looking at the comments!)... but i'll be picking up one of these as soon as they open a preorder!
While I read you I read this... *flashback*

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Hmm.. I trying to resist the urge to pull the trigger on a Vapor Flask DNA40.

Why is the Vapor Flask Shark ( or whatever it's going to be called) $100 cheaper?

I understand it will have the rDNA40 with polarity checking and zip charging. So where's the catch?

Is the build quality or materials quality likely to suffer to get to this price point or are they simply hoping for volume of sales to provide economies of scale?

Seems silly for me to by the VF if the new one is better and cheaper. Yet if the quality is going to suffer I might go ahead and get the VF DNA40.

Anyone know the answers?

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012

Why is the Vapor Flask Shark ( or whatever it's going to be called) $100 cheaper?

I understand it will have the rDNA40 with polarity checking and zip charging. So where's the catch?

Is the build quality or materials quality likely to suffer to get to this price point or are they simply hoping for volume of sales to provide economies of scale?

Seems silly for me to by the VF if the new one is better and cheaper. Yet if the quality is going to suffer I might go ahead and get the VF DNA40.

Anyone know the answers?

I have no clue either, it seems like they are adding better stuff to it but making it cheaper. Seems like all they are doing is putting better internals in a vaporflask body and knocking off 100$.

I personally would have just liked a vaporshark with a better finish that holds up longer. never really liked the odd shape of a flask.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I believe the reason for the price difference is because the new ones will be made in China, whereas the current ones are made in the USA. At least that's what I've heard.

Listening to last week's Plumes's episode i think you're correct. They're using the original CNC milled flask body and the shark internals and it's being assembled in China.

Paul Smale

May 24, 2015
Plymouth UK

Anyone know the answers?
Vaporshark is a big franchised company, they have already made lots from their Vaporshark products, they have manufacturing facilities readily available. Its easy for them to sell the flask for less and still make a decent profit. The intial design is already in place. The DNA40 is coming to the end of it's run soon to be replaced by the DNA200, this is Vaporshark milking the last of the 40's at a price affordable by the likes of myself who would never have coughed up £260 for the original. Businesses make money by spending money, stuff they create is tax they don't have to pay. Creation is free in reality ; ) Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread