Vaping and the ‘Serial’ Phenomenon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Comparison to Making A Murderer, based on B. Dassey confession, within (larger) point of propaganda and deception is, IMO, a very poor item to select. Go watch the full confession on YouTube rather than the 5 minutes that the documentary chose to show.

I don't have a firm opinion on Avery's case. I thought I did after watching documentary, but after reviewing source footage which the documentary came from, I became less sure (of him being railroaded by justice system).

For me, everything in news and lots of information lately strikes me as having spin that quite plausibly will be second guessed or found to be deception.

With vaping though, from my perspective, it seems like it is turned up a notch.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think we can all relate to the outrage. So much rampant lying going on and no one being held accountable? It can't last, people can only be pushed so far before something snaps.

Very True.

That is why I have Enjoyed reading the Articles that I have from Mrs. Haar on CSP. They have been pretty much Devoid of the Agenda Seeking Slantz that Most articles that I read have.

CSP has also been a Surprisingly Good source of Information for e-Cigarette News.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't know if this is true, but I would sure like to think it is.

I think it is Multi-Faceted.

I think that the FDA Knows that they have something that can Truly be a Public Heath Benefit.
I think Federal Policy Makers Know that they have a Way to Offset Falling tobacco Taxes.
I think the Volume of Comments from Individuals and Shareholders has taken Everyone by Surprise.
etc.

And I think the FDA is trying to do a Balancing Act so as to Not put the Kibosh on any one Facet.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
You and I do not agree on the feasibility of taxing vaping to make up for lost tobacco taxes.
And needless to say, that disagreement colors both of our conclusions on different issues.
I think that the FDA Knows that they have something that can Truly be a Public Heath Benefit.
I think Federal Policy Makers Know that they have a Way to Offset Falling Tobacco Taxes.
I think the Volume of Comments from Individuals and Shareholders has taken Everyone by Surprise.
etc.
So I would rephrase your above comments as follows...

I think Federal Policy Makers want to shut down vaping because of Falling Tobacco Taxes.
etc.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You and I do not agree on the feasibility of taxing vaping to make up for lost tobacco taxes.
And needless to say, that disagreement colors both of our conclusions on different issues.

It is Debatable for either Side.

I think a Good Sign though is that the FDA is taking a long, Long LONG Time to do Anything. Because if they just wanted to Shut Down Vaping, I think they could have done it on a Shorter Timeline.

Don't get me Wrong though. Pegged to Todays market, the coming FDA Regulated Market is going to be Bad. Very Bad.

But perhaps to some Future Vaper who never knew what we have Enjoyed, Not as Bad as they could Imagine.

LaraC

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
Tennessee
If the FDA deeming goes into effect, and the current multitudes of vape shops disappear ...that "Future Vaper" will probably do what many current smokers who try a convenience store cig-alike, do.

Most Future Vapers will likely say "yuck" to the cig-alike. Yuck to the taste, or the short battery life, or the expense of something that doesn't come anywhere near lasting as long as a "pack of cigarettes." They'll just stick with smoking.

Without vape shops providing an endless choice of flavors, devices, sampling, troubleshooting, advice, and support... most potential "Future Vapers" won't stand a snowball's chance.

They'll just be "Continued Smokers."

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If the FDA deeming goes into effect, and the current multitudes of vape shops disappear ...that "Future Vaper" will probably do what many current smokers who try a convenience store cig-alike, do.

Most Future Vapers will likely say "yuck" to the cig-alike. Yuck to the taste, or the short battery life, or the expense of something that doesn't come anywhere near lasting as long as a "pack of cigarettes." They'll just stick with smoking.

Without vape shops providing an endless choice of flavors, devices, sampling, troubleshooting, advice, and support... most potential "Future Vapers" won't stand a snowball's chance.

They'll just be "Continued Smokers."

Never said it was going to Unicorns and Rainbows. But Many people have Quit Smoking using Cig-a-Likes.

Are your Chances Better using Todays Hardware. Of Course they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicnik

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I think the reason FDA is taking so long to release the final rule is:

a) they're a bureaucracy, and by that standard they are moving lightning fast. By any other standard, it is excruciating slow, which for vaping politics is perfectly okay
b) they are building the case via scientific evidence against vaping so that when they say it is 'questionable' or 'dangerous' they have something to back that up, and thus harsher regulations are seen as justifiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread