Use around bonfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Anyone else ever use around a bonfire and experience issues with taste?

I had a issue last night with this and basically just stopped using my PV for the night until I could get home and try to clean.
The flavor changed so drastically. Once I got home, I cleaned the battery contacts and the bottom of my clearo. I tried it this morning and noticed the flavor was coming back but not fully... might need to clean the clearo 100% and may just discard the fluid as I think the smoke may have contaminated.

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
I can't see the smoke contaminating your fluid. Likely you didn't get it all out of the wick. The wick is the secret, get all the yuck out of that or re-wick and you'll be golden.

Soak your wick in vodka or grain alcohol (Everclear), then rinse well and dry. If you have one, a Water Pik works wonders for powering flavors out of wicks, load it with distilled water and spray away, or use tap water then rinse with distilled, then dry or dry burn if it's silica.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
I'm using a v-nano clearo. I cleaned out and discarded liquid, flushed with water and was blowing through threaded end to force liquid from wick and then tried to dry burn. Taste was kind of still there, and everything was dried. I primed the hell out of it to a point where it was so saturated that it was leaking out bottom. Still had the same taste. I ended up tossing the clearo. Not worth all the trouble.

I noticed when emptying the liquid still smelled right so I'm sure liquid was ok but there wasn't much left anyways. I just think the smoke ravaged the wick beyond any fix. Definitely will not be using near a camp fire any time soon. I'll walk away from it to use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mike.S

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Michigan
This is actually pretty scarey stuff come to think of it. If the air around me is getting sucked into the wick, then I can be vaping whatever bad smell is around me! Think about that a minute.
Better stop breathing, except when the air is clean - otherwise, you'll be breathing that stuff all the time, vaporizer or not!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
:facepalm:......... holdbreathrds166104crop.jpg

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
I used my kayfun and reomizer around a fire pit last week.. didn't have any issues with taste. You probably just needed to change the wick?

It was a new vision nano clearomizer on its first fill and it was fine all day long, not sure what happened. I tossed it already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread