Two styles of Riva 901's? (& advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

First off, a little backstory to fit the panicked tone of my post. :mad:

About a week and a half ago, the charger from my Riva 901 kit seemingly died. This was sent from Liberty Flights in December, and all of a sudden it wouldn't charge the batteries. Left them on overnight, tried a few tricks I saw on here, and switched outlets. I also tried to charge my new SLB 901 batteries (purchased from LiteCigUSA), mentioned below. Nothing seemed to be working properly, and the little red charging light continued to stare at me defiantly. I didn't know if it was the batteries or the charger, so I packed everything up and sent LF back the appropriate items. Gone back to my regular 901 and manual 510 until my second Riva 901 kit / replacement parts show up.

Today, I received the new Riva 901 kit from Liberty Flights (separate from the return). Comparing the LF 901 batteries to the SLB batteries, they appear to be the same at first glance. However, the SLB's have a little piece that screws into the top of the battery in order to perhaps fit on the atty properly & fit the charger(?). Additionally, I can charge the LF batteries enough to see that they seem to be working for now. I don't know if the "8 hours charge, use for 20 minutes, then charge for an hour" still applies to these, but I do know that my SLB 901's have been sitting there for several hours and the switch won't even light up. Is it possible I have another unusable charger? Should I be using a different type altogether to charge the SLB 901's? I was hoping to find something equivalent to the wall charger found in the DSE-901 kit, with the USB as an additional option - not the ONLY option for these kind of batteries.

Needless to say, I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do. Hopefully LF will swap my parts for me, as they are still under warranty. If I can't get the SLB 901's to charge, I suppose I'll be returning those as well.

Anyone that can help, your advice is surely welcomed. :D If any questions, I am happy to answer. This may all be a bit unclear, as I've typed it all in one go.

Thanks in advance!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
LiteCigUSA carries SLB-made (Sailebao) Riva 901 and I know nothing about those.

Liberty-Flights.com carries Eastmall made Rivas (and their Riva 510 kits are real 3.7v devices - don't know about the 901 Rivas) but the SLB ones may be 3.4v like Egos. I have Liberty-Flights Riva 510 and Riva 510 SE and I use their Riva chargers and normal Ego chargers to charge my Liberty-Flights Liberty-Flights.com Riva 510's and my Ego 3-voltage clone.

Also somebody said only the Eastmall Riva 901's have a slotted battery center post to provide good airflow for KR808D-1 cartos. Is that true?

Last edited:
Goldenkobold: The previous charger was tested with both LF 901 batteries (which have been returned to LF), as well as the SLB 901's. Neither style would hold a charge. The SLB 901's had a mini charge, which allowed the switch to light up. I assume this was for testing purposes only, and not a courtesy since it wasn't enough to vape with.

Dormouse: Is it possible then that I need a different charger for the SLB 901's? On LiteCigUSA's site, I was only able to find the USB style which also appeared to be what LF sells.

* Edit: If it helps, here's the link to the SLB 901's. http://www.litecigusa.net/SLB_Riva_901_Manual_Switch_Battery_p/riva901mbatt.htm *

Thank you both for responding so quickly.

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
LiteCigUSA carries SLB-made (Sailebao) Riva 901 and I know nothing about those.

Liberty-Flights.com carries Eastmall made Rivas (and their Riva 510 kits are real 3.7v devices - don't know about the 901 Rivas) but the SLB ones may be 3.4v like Egos. I have Liberty-Flights Riva 510 and Riva 510 SE and I use their Riva chargers and normal Ego chargers to charge my Liberty-Flights Liberty-Flights.com Riva 510's and my Ego 3-voltage clone.

Also somebody said only the Eastmall Riva 901's have a slotted battery center post to provide good airflow for KR808D-1 cartos. Is that true?

The EM Riva 901 from Liberty Flights IS regulated at 3.7V just like the Riva 510.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread