Not open for further replies.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
The “Just Right” tank Mod Review

A week ago JonahNM sent me a new tank mod a friend of his made and asked me to put it through the paces and provide feedback. Since I’ve made quite a few, modded several, and tried just about every tank made; I felt I had the experience to do an evaluation. It didn’t take me long to realize this is the tank mod I’ve been looking for. Quite simply, it’s the best one I’ve ever used. Now that I see Jonah has decided to move forward http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...16-introducing-torpedo-tanks.html#post3366719 as a Registered Supplier I pulled my notes together to share my experience with the forum.

tankmod.jpg

It has no radical design change from other tank mods, but what it does have is a lot of little things done extremely well; which added together make it the best (IMO). I don’t have the literary skills for some elaborate write up so I’ll just post the headlines and my observations.

Here we go:

Materials: Aluminum end caps keep it light weight and provide extreme durability along with a quality appearance. I found little heat transference from the coil to the top cap/drip tip. When I chain vape it warms up, but only if I go overboard and then it’s warm, not hot.

Design: Both end caps are slightly larger in diameter than the ¾” OD polycarb tubing which provides a nice gripping surface during assembly and disassembly.

tankmod2-1.jpg

The conical shaped top creates a nice transition from tube to tip and eliminates the need for a drip tube; one less thing to worry about.

Manufacture: Everything fits just right….not too snug so it’s easy to take apart, but not to loose which create leaks. The gasket seats are cut so the gaskets properly compress and provide a good seal for the tube. The section of the end caps that are inserted into the tube are slightly smaller than the tube’s ID to keep them from binding, but not enough to permit any “wobble”.

tankmod2.jpg

Inside the top cap is a slight recess to accommodate the top of the CE2's coil cap. Since CE2's vary just a bit in length, the recess will help seal the cap. I laid the tank mod horizontal for a full day and experienced no leakage at all.

Refilling: In a word…Easy. Due to the design and fit, it’s a breeze to remove the top and refill. It holds approximately 5ml and I had no problems when filling it to full capacity.

Replacing CE2XL’s: Because the carto base has to seal into the bottom cap, it has to fit snug but not so snug it’s darn near impossible to pull out the old carto and insert the new one. With any tank mod, the challenge is to balance snug fit with ease of removal. In this mod the carto opening in the base cap finds that middle ground by being slightly tapered.

tankmod3.jpg

The carto tube is easily inserted until 2mm is above the base of the end cap. A couple of strong pushes and it fits flush with the bottom. I left .5mm sticking out on a couple of tests to see if it would seal without having to insert the carto tube flush and it does….no leaks.

tankmod4.jpg

To remove the CE2 I rock the base a few times and the carto works it’s way out.

tankmod1.jpg

Summary: Simply put....this one takes the tank mod to a new level. The $40 selling price is a bit more than other tank mods but is well worth the money. Personally I'd rather spend a little more and get more as opposed to something I wish worked better.

Best wishes in the venture; you've got a winner......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread