The "Newish" Member Contest for Awareness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The prize
$50 niquid order from any vendor (or combination of vendors) of your choice.
However, all shipping charges will be paid from the $50 prize amount.

The duration of the contest
There will be a new winner every two-week contest period until I decide to discontinue for some reason.

Who is eligible
The contest is open to members who have been here six months or less as of the beginning of a given contest period.
So if a contest period starts on any given day in November then anyone with a Join Date of June or later will be eligible.

The contest is open to members who have not yet won in any of the previous two-week contest periods.
In other words, once you win, you are no longer eligible for future contest periods.

How to play
There will be seven questions during each two-week contest period.
The date and time of the next question to be answered will be posted in this thread.
The first person to correctly answer that question will get one point.

The person with the most points at the end of each two week contest period will be the winner for that contest period.
In the case of a tie, a tiebreaker question will be asked, which will probably be harder than the other questions.
:)

The questions will be based on threads from the "Legislative News" and the "Media and General News" subforums.
There will, however, also be some questions related to CASAA as well.

When the contest begins
The first contest period will begin on Wednesday, November 30th at 1pm Pacific Time.
The first question will be asked at that time, and the date and time of the next question will also be posted.

Why?
The idea is to make people aware of the issues we face as vapers, and to show them that they can make a difference.
Hopefully many new members will be encouraged to get involved, at the very time they are the most enthusiastic!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And here's a little hint...

The more you keep up with the News subforums, the more likely you will be to win eventually.
I will be working towards coming up with questions that can be answered fairly quickly if you already know where to look.

This isn't intended to be like a scavenger hunt, but more like a way to encourage ongoing involvement.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And finally...

This is money I would have donated to CASAA anyway.
So my hope is that this generates more interest in CASAA, and hopefully more donations.

But involvement by the vaping community can take many forms, not just donations.
My goal is for every vaper to know what issues we face, and what we can do to help in our own ways.

If anyone comes up with a better contest to accomplish the stated goals, they will win a $50 juice order.
So if you have any ideas, feel free to post them here, or PM them to me if you prefer.

Last edited:
The prize
$50 niquid order from any vendor (or combination of vendors) of your choice.
However, all shipping charges will be paid from the $50 prize amount.

The duration of the contest
There will be a new winner every two-week contest period until I decide to discontinue for some reason.

Who is eligible
The contest is open to members who have been here six months or less as of the beginning of a given contest period.
So if a contest period starts on any given day in November then anyone with a Join Date of June or later will be eligible.

The contest is open to members who have not yet won in any of the previous two-week contest periods.
In other words, once you win, you are no longer eligible for future contest periods.

How to play
There will be seven questions during each two-week contest period.
The date and time of the next question to be answered will be posted in this thread.
The first person to correctly answer that question will get one point.

The person with the most points at the end of each two week contest period will be the winner for that contest period.
In the case of a tie, a tiebreaker question will be asked, which will probably be harder than the other questions.

The questions will be based on threads from the "Legislative News" and the "Media and General News" subforums.
There will, however, also be some questions related to CASAA as well.

When the contest begins
The first contest period will begin on Wednesday, November 30th at 1pm Pacific Time.
The first question will be asked at that time, and the date and time of the next question will also be posted.

Why?
The idea is to make people aware of the issues we face as vapers, and to show them that they can make a difference.
Hopefully many new members will be encouraged to get involved, at the very time they are the most enthusiastic!

Awesome, brah! From the looks from your avatar looks your from SD! GO BOLTS (smh rivers and the oline) and GO PADS!
Hardcore SD fan, Imperial Beach right here. Are those mods? Freakin' sweet

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Dang it! I hit 6 months in December :mad:

You're good to go then, because this contest period starts on November 30th.
But unfortunately, this IS your only chance to win.
:blink:

DC2 said:
Who is eligible

There's still time to ramp up!!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Well, in order to understand where things stand with electronic cigarettes and the issues that we face as vapors, it is necessary to understand some of the history. It is necessary to understand where we've come from, and what we have overcome so far, in order to have a solid understanding of where we are heading and why.

So, the first question is about what might have been.

There is a landmark case in electronic cigarette history that, in essence, prevented what would have been a de facto ban on electronic cigarettes. In this case, the FDA was prevented from any further efforts to confiscate electronic cigarette shipments based on their insistance that they were unapproved drug delivery devices. The judge ruled in this case that the companies that sell electronic cigarettes do not claim to be selling a quit-smoking device, but rather an alternative to tobacco cigarettes.

What is the name of the judge who ruled against the FDA in this case?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: The next question will be asked at 10am PST on Friday, December 2nd.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of other notes...

More information on the history of this case can be found in threads stickied in the Legislative News subforum.

And I already know what the next two questions will be.
One of them is going to be about CASAA, but I'm not sure yet if it will be the next question or the one after.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread