The King Mod by Surefire Initial Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malefilipinonurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Norwalk, Ca
Here's my history: I have been vaping now for 6 months which started with an Ego c-twist and have since gone through many regulated and mechanical mods. I've narrowed it down to 3 mechanical mods in my rotation of use, one of which is a Dingo SS-IM, Nemesis VW Edition and just today,the King Mod by Surefire.

Intial impressions of the King mod is quite impressive. The look, feel and quality of the King is amazing to be honest with you. It is, however, like how others say in that it intially looks like a clone version of the Chi but in reality, it's a whole different beast and should stand on its own. The octagon rings, in my opinion, look great on this device. In addition to the mods I've previously used, I've also used the Poldiac and the Chi You. The best thing I could say is that the King should be in the running of all around best, high end mod in the market right now. I'm not sure what the voltage drop is for this mod but I would say it is minimal at best. Someone else will have to get down to the specifics in regards to analyzing the voltage drop on this device.

The one gripe I do have so far is the locking ring. When tightening the bottom thread, the locking ring gets stuck, which puts the King at risk for accidental firing when in my pocket. I emailed Surefire to see if there is a possible fix for this to help prevent this problem and I will post back their response.

Despite that problem, I would say that this device is definitely one to consider for us avid vapors and especially collectors. You won't be disappointed. Please don't judge this device based on photos, it really is worth checking out in person. Vape On...

My rating: 8.5/10

Last edited:

jase888

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
anchorage alaska
Here's my history: I have been vaping now for 6 months which started with an Ego c-twist and have since gone through many regulated and mechanical mods. I've narrowed it down to 3 mechanical mods in my rotation of use, one of which is a Dingo SS-IM, Nemesis VW Edition and just today,the King Mod by Surefire.

Intial impressions of the King mod is quite impressive. The look, feel and quality of the King is amazing to be honest with you. It is, however, like how others say in that it intially looks like a clone version of the Chi but in reality, it's a whole different beast and should stand on its own. The octagon rings, in my opinion, look great on this device. In addition to the mods I've previously used, I've also used the Poldiac and the Chi You. The best thing I could say is that the King should be in the running of all around best, high end mod in the market right now. I'm not sure what the voltage drop is for this mod but I would say it is minimal at best. Someone else will have to get down to the specifics in regards to analyzing the voltage drop on this device.

The one gripe I do have so far is the locking ring. When tightening the bottom thread, the locking ring gets stuck, which puts the King at risk for accidental firing when in my pocket. I emailed Surefire to see if there is a possible fix for this to help prevent from this problem and I will post back their response.

Despite that problem, I would say that this device is definitely one to consider for us avid vapors and especially collectors. You won't be disappointed. Please don't judge this device based on photos, it really is worth checking out in person. Vape On...

great review man! good unbiased review.. keep us posted!!

nickvegas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
las vegas
problem is that nothing is ever in stock.i ordered one of these today.one thing i already dont like from pictures is the top cap.

I picked one up too and was not crazy about the top cap being an octagon shape....then I taught may be it's because if laid flat it wont roll on the table which is a very good idea love the overall look of the mod will post pics when it arrives.

FarmYard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Van,B.C./ blaine,WA
I picked one up too and was not crazy about the top cap being an octagon shape....then I taught may be it's because if laid flat it wont roll on the table which is a very good idea love the overall look of the mod will post pics when it arrives.

its not the octagon, its the ego thread.i wanted a mod that was NOT telescopic and had all 3 tubes with copper or silver contacts.the pulse was my top choice but i missed out.

FarmYard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Van,B.C./ blaine,WA
I don't f5 and had no problem getting a Lux or Nem the last few weeks.

It's just about watching.

true enough.im not a doll collector so i plan on using hell outta of it.this had the features i wanted so i pulled the trigger.we will see if i hit anything when it gets here.

fishercat

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Woodbridge, VA

The one gripe I do have so far is the locking ring. When tightening the bottom thread, the locking ring gets stuck, which puts the King at risk for accidental firing when in my pocket. I emailed Surefire to see if there is a possible fix for this to help prevent this problem and I will post back their response.

Thanks for the review. Since you have owned both a Chi and this mod, how would you compare the two. Just curious as it seems I've heard others say that this is a Chi clone.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Well I just watched a review of it that was hard to follow. I wonder if the reviewer got a product placement perk for the box of cokes in the background or if it was just accidental. My guess based on the review is...it was an accident.

I guess there is an issue getting the extension tubes to allow use of the 18650. It is a very nice looking mod. It's not hard to guess what I find appealing in the design.

I will wait for more information. Let me know what you think if you get it Fury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread