The Billet Box--Internal Carto-Tank Boxmod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shack22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Halifax,Canada
I came across this today and thought it was pretty cool! It's the Billet Box--a VV box mod with an internal carto tank--looks great! I've sort of moved to Vivi Nova's myself(on a Provari) but do still use carto tanks --if the price drops on these I would love to have one!
Billet Box Vapor Inc.

1424_288177474636259_2117301973_n.jpg

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
That's pretty cool, thanks for posting it shack22. Carto tanks have never been my favorite vape, but I'm definitely checking out the sight.

I checked the sight out, it is a bit pricey, but I really like it. A lot of thought has gone into the design and it looks really well made. I sent a message with a few question, so just waiting to hear back from them.

I'm very tempted, just a bit leery because it's new.

Last edited:

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
I really like that only the drip tip protrudes from the box. Now if they could somehow incorporate a Vivi (or other clearo)in it I'd be in. Lotsa peeps still swear by carto tanks though!
Definitely pricey though!

Because of the design I'd think that it(Viva or clearo) would be an available option in the near future. Will definitely ask them, and if that's the case, I'm all over it.

shack22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Halifax,Canada
That would be great! I'm looking for something to back up/compliment my Provari and while this probably wouldn't be what I would choose because of the price it sure seems like the ultimate carto tank!
The choices we have for devices just recently is really quite amazing! It reminds me of buying a computer back in the day--the only thing you could be sure of was whatever you bought--six months later there would be something new you wished you had waited for!

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
Best part of this device is the voltage dial (huge improvement on the Reo and other box mods), and the announcers voice. MSN-Emoticon-opera-088.jpg

Not a big fan of the carto/tank set-up (that's so 2011), and the tank/carto prep could be a challenge for some (no video yet).

The construction looks impressive. Overall, like the liquid in a concealed area, however, not the carto part.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I really like that only the drip tip protrudes from the box. Now if they could somehow incorporate a Vivi (or other clearo)in it I'd be in. Lotsa peeps still swear by carto tanks though!
Definitely pricey though!

Because of the design I'd think that it(Viva or clearo) would be an available option in the near future. Will definitely ask them, and if that's the case, I'm all over it.

People have made their own box mods to incorporate a Vivi, but I haven't seen a commercially available one yet. Some day I'll buy the parts from madvapes and attempt this with a vivi or T2; http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/256781-stealth-mod-pics-anyone-16.html#post5547651

Edit: Ooops, that still looks like a carto tank, but still the idea is the same.

When is someone going to come out with vivi/carto tank conversion. Something to allow a vivi head in a carto tank. Shouldn't be all that hard.

The smoktech U-DCT is sort of going in that direction with the fillerless cartomizer; https://www.vaporgeek.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=u-dct&product_id=543.

I'd personally like a redesigned clearomizer with the option of pyrex.

Last edited:

shack22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Halifax,Canada
They don't say if they're going to sell extra tanks separately-- if they do and they are reasonably priced that could make the price for the unit easier to justify. Also--wonder what the battery life is--he doesn't say. Watched the video again--it is pretty damn cool--glad it's not available right now--my ordering finger is itchy!

shack22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Halifax,Canada
Looks like he plans on having some other options beyond cartos--this is from his thread.

Originally Posted by myyrkezaan
Awesome box and would get one except I've never gotten cartos to work well for me.

Do you have a coil head option for the future?

Doug Dino
yup, you bet, but this will be a few months out... drop in drop out replacement in the works for the rebuild folks. For launch (and we are not even there yet, just pre release, then pre order, then launch) the carto tank just seemed the best choice to run with.

Nubbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Alberta Canada
Shack, just encase you missed it.

hey shack, --- tank is machined delrin, face is makrolon polycarbonate, nitrile rubber ball and o-rings, stainless steel spring and screws, and the red gasket between the face and body is a punched silicon gasket.. everything is fda approved. One of the juices i vape has cracked two of my older tube style tanks, but not my billet box tank, I have a feeling this is due to mine being a flat plate rather than a cylindrical tube, when a juice contains some hydrocarbons such a alcohol, or some oils, some the polycarbonates (not all poly is created equal though) can expand just a very small amount, my tanks should have the room to expand and contract without creating stress. I will not say something is impossible, it may happen, but it hasn't... and i experiment alot... and i also back what i make, so if a problem occurs, i'm right hear to yell at, and will make it right.. thats why we have a pre release, and get feedback...

we will have a rebuild'able at a later date, most likely stainless steel wick first, but cartos was the right tank to launch with as they are simple, and easier for the novice to use... that is important to me for the time being as there are specific people i want to convert to vapor from analogs, that smaller cig sized ones failed to impress. And this can all be overwhelming to the novice...

thanks for talking about me in canada, god i miss having a tim hortons around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread