Tastyfinger tastes really bad (large order)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I too, have had a problem with the consistency in the waffle flavour. And because of this and the lack of explanation, I doubt I will order this again. And I have talked to Geoff about it, so no one needs to tell me to do that :)

Would you care to share what Geoff told you? It seems like every person that has bought Waffles from TV before is complaining about them and is unable to get an answer.

It may help those that need to have answers.

ella

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
Would you care to share what Geoff told you? It seems like every person that has bought Waffles from TV before is complaining about them and is unable to get an answer.

It may help those that need to have answers.

No, it was a private conversation with Geoff and I'll keep it that way. The taste discrepancy was not resolved as far as I was concerned.

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
I have had similar issues as many of you already know I'm sure...I have many 4oz doublers and 48mg juices sitting unused....I PMed once a while back and that went unanswered.....I understand being busy as I'm busy too....too busy for my juice to lose all its flavor and leave a burnt chemical aftertaste....The bottom line is the AC, GB, Waffle and TF are no where near what they once were....This problem continues too grow...more and more people are saying their experience is exactly the same as mine. I had to rectify my situation and it wasn't by adding sweetner to my juice...I didn't pay for something that may require experimentation to resemble its old self...I'm stuck with that juice as I'm more than sure.."Taste is subjective.."
this.

its nice to have some support. I hate when posts go unanswered, some people expect us to be OK with things like this, taste is subjective, flavorings are not consistent and all that. Why should end user be responsible for this ? It tasted right last time ,it should taste right this time.
THIS!
I'm not looking for a refund for my bad waffle liquid. I just want some answers. And soon. I see that Geoff can respond to glowing reviews and doubler questions but seems to conveniently look past threads like this.
this.

R.I.P. AC :(

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
I sure hope someone chimes in when waffle gets back on track! Mine tastes good just not as strong as first batch how will anyone know when it's back to norm? I'm just going to order as usual. I've got a couple bottles to last a while. My original bottle was the vapor queen mix . I never got the plain so I have nothing to compare it too! To me it just seems a little weaker.

marclap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Montreal, Qc, Canada
For the last 6 months (since I started vaping), I kept telling myself that I need to add a bottle of TF to my next order. But I always ended up buying something else.
I finally decided to give it a try. I ordered on monday. It hasn't been mixed yet. I just hope I won't be disappointed!

Just a quick thought about the waffle. I didn't have the chance to try the first batch but I ordered it as soon as it was available. Smells stronger than tastes, but it was still good. I have another bottle coming (along with my TF), i'll see if it's still the same.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oops sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread. Were you able to talk with Geoff about the tastyfinger?
The heads up on getting back to norm applies to the tastyfinger too!
Ohh my order just shipped! Getting off track again ... now back to the tf issue!

No Markimar, the customer only just recently sent an e-mail to the Mixteam@tastyvapor.us address, after much fear mongering on this thread about the Tastyfinger.

I find it funny, how .... backwards this all is. If we're busy and you had an immediate concern, it seems like the BEST, I mean BEST way to get in touch with us, busy or not, would be by calling the (888) number, not sending an e-mail.

You can imagine, during a busy time, just how BURIED beneath e-mails we might get with customers asking about ETA's on their order, but, no phone call at all.

We don't claim perfection. We do the best we can, and considering the responses we get, I'd say the number would suggest that we do pretty good. And there ARE a couple of people that don't like what they get.

We tend to find a couple of people who are discontent with their liquids, make a LOT, I mean a LOT more noise about their purchase. The other 100+ people who are content with their purchase aren't on there boasting about it, they're out there enjoying their liquids.

Which makes me think all this complaining and fear-mongering on these threads is entirely stupid. You can't sum up our company with one bottle of liquid you don't like. That's not even realistic.

We've agreed to remix this cats order. Which is why I think this person chose to post here, because calling our 888 number, he might have been told NO, let your liquid age a bit, maybe try some sweetener, but make noise here, this might be an easier ploy of manipulation to get what you want since you're deciding to address your issue with a bullhorn on a public corner, i.e. ECF, instead of dealing with the source.

I mean, this whole thread is kind of like someone didn't like a dinner they got at a restaurant, so they send the manager an e-mail, because they didn't get a prompt response, they stand in front of the restaurant with a bullhorn screaming to the masses about the food, instead of maybe going inside and asking for a manager and discussing it with the source. Kind of see where I'm going with this?

But anyway, it's been handled, I'm a little irritated about the way this was handled/addressed.

Last edited:

asd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
USA
Geoff calm down get a hold of yourself. I didn't have an immediate concern. The reason I posted on ECF is so that I can find out if there is way to make my liquid taste better while aging them meanwhile. I was going to email you after 2 weeks but I thought I would ask for mixteam's suggestions also. From what I see there are lots of people having similar problems. Seems like everyone was waiting for a thread like this to step up a bit.

As much as you like reading threads that promote your product and talk about how good it is, you must be able to face the threads where something about your product isn't right and customer is not satisfied. I emailed you so that you can read the thread and maybe post some useful information. I didn't email you to come here call me stupid. This is a forum and I will post whatever I want and my experiences with companies. This isn't a place just for talking about how good you are. If you messed up, people need to know about it and you gotta deal with it.

We all know how good your liquids are and I order from you since I first started vaping. You don't have to remind everyone about how many people love your products every time you see a thread like this. I myself recommend TV products to everyone I know who vape and post on threads to help you promote.

No one is saying anything bad about your company, we all see you work hard and ship hand mixed liquids lightning fast. If a customer is not satisfied he/she can post here, and you have to deal with it like a man. Don't come here and analyze my actions according to how your mind works. I certainly didn't post here thinking the way you said I was thinking , I came here to ask for help from other people while following everything you said in your sticky thread about aging the liquid, shaking the bottle etc. I was going to contact you when the time was right.

Its a shame you talk to your dissatisfied customer in such a mean language. Just because you have 99% satisfied customers doesn't give you the right to be mean to the 1%.

Anyways thanks for remixing this cats order.

Esmoking-NY

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Niagara Falls NY
  • Deleted by Mr. Tasty Vapor

asd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
USA
  • asd

guava

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
ca
I think it is clear that enough longtime TV customers are having the same experience of inconsistent liquids.

Most of us here not only love TV, but respect Geoff's mission and credit his juices with us not smoking anymore...which is great unless the products we've come to "rely" on change to the point that we wander away.

I hope you take this advice in the genuine spirit it is intended, Geoff, but if I were you I would announce to my mixing staff that there will be random but frequent taste-checks on orders by you personally. I doubt any of us would miss a drop or two for you to give it a taste yourself.

You have a truly amazing thing going; please listen to those of us who are your best customers.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
No Markimar, the customer only just recently sent an e-mail to the Mixteam@tastyvapor.us address, after much fear mongering on this thread about the Tastyfinger.

I find it funny, how .... backwards this all is. If we're busy and you had an immediate concern, it seems like the BEST, I mean BEST way to get in touch with us, busy or not, would be by calling the (888) number, not sending an e-mail.

You can imagine, during a busy time, just how BURIED beneath e-mails we might get with customers asking about ETA's on their order, but, no phone call at all.

We don't claim perfection. We do the best we can, and considering the responses we get, I'd say the number would suggest that we do pretty good. And there ARE a couple of people that don't like what they get.

We tend to find a couple of people who are discontent with their liquids, make a LOT, I mean a LOT more noise about their purchase. The other 100+ people who are content with their purchase aren't on there boasting about it, they're out there enjoying their liquids.

Which makes me think all this complaining and fear-mongering on these threads is entirely stupid. You can't sum up our company with one bottle of liquid you don't like. That's not even realistic.

We've agreed to remix this cats order. Which is why I think this person chose to post here, because calling our 888 number, he might have been told NO, let your liquid age a bit, maybe try some sweetener, but make noise here, this might be an easier ploy of manipulation to get what you want since you're deciding to address your issue with a bullhorn on a public corner, i.e. ECF, instead of dealing with the source.

I mean, this whole thread is kind of like someone didn't like a dinner they got at a restaurant, so they send the manager an e-mail, because they didn't get a prompt response, they stand in front of the restaurant with a bullhorn screaming to the masses about the food, instead of maybe going inside and asking for a manager and discussing it with the source. Kind of see where I'm going with this?

But anyway, it's been handled, I'm a little irritated about the way this was handled/addressed.

Geoff calm down get a hold of yourself. I didn't have an immediate concern. The reason I posted on ECF is so that I can find out if there is way to make my liquid taste better while aging them meanwhile. I was going to email you after 2 weeks but I thought I would ask for mixteam's suggestions also. From what I see there are lots of people having similar problems. Seems like everyone was waiting for a thread like this to step up a bit.

As much as you like reading threads that promote your product and talk about how good it is, you must be able to face the threads where something about your product isn't right and customer is not satisfied. I emailed you so that you can read the thread and maybe post some useful information. I didn't email you to come here call me stupid. This is a forum and I will post whatever I want and my experiences with companies. This isn't a place just for talking about how good you are. If you messed up, people need to know about it and you gotta deal with it.

We all know how good your liquids are and I order from you since I first started vaping. You don't have to remind everyone about how many people love your products every time you see a thread like this. I myself recommend TV products to everyone I know who vape and post on threads to help you promote.

No one is saying anything bad about your company, we all see you work hard and ship hand mixed liquids lightning fast. If a customer is not satisfied he/she can post here, and you have to deal with it like a man. Don't come here and analyze my actions according to how your mind works. I certainly didn't post here thinking the way you said I was thinking , I came here to ask for help from other people while following everything you said in your sticky thread about aging the liquid, shaking the bottle etc. I was going to contact you when the time was right.

Its a shame you talk to your dissatisfied customer in such a mean language. Just because you have 99% satisfied customers doesn't give you the right to be mean to the 1%.

I have to agree that was totally uncalled for. Geoff by the way there are plenty of people boasting about your juice on ECF. Learn how to take the good comments with the bad.

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana

I agree with everything ASD just said. I know that everyone on this thread has been your biggest cheerleaders for the past several months. I started vaping in March and was fortunate enough to find TV almost immediately. Your juices have allowed me to quit smoking and stay smoke free for 7 months. I have ordered and received over $1000,00 worth of juices from TV alone. I have promoted your juices and given your business cards to everyone that has asked me about e-cigs. I have always been extremely happy with all my TV liquids until this past month or so. I have always loved Tastyfinger, Caramel Popcorn and of course waffle, but for whatever reason, I am having to add sweetener to them to make them even vapable. I am not asking for a refund, nor do I want free juice. I just wanted an explanation on why this is so. As far as the waffle goes, there are a lot of people wanting to know what happened to the original recipe. I think pretty much anyone that tried the original waffle would agree, the new stuff is just not good. Sorry if that pisses you off or irritates you, but it is the truth. Now, with that being said, I still love your Cafe Mocha with double chocolate and vaping it like crazy. I need to order more Boston Cream Pie and would absolutely love to have some more of your original waffle flavoring, so please let us know when you get that back in stock.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
I would like to chime in here. I am with a lot of you that I have really LOVE a lot of Geoff's juices and TV is part of the reason I have been able to stay off the stinkies! But lately it seems as if his quality has gone downhill a bit. I believe it is from switching flavor vendors. Geoff, you have great pricing and wonderful flavors.........STOP CHANGING THEM!!!!!!! Please put all the flavors back to their original recipes with originally used flavors from originally used flavor vendors. Even if done with the best of intentions, it is really crappy to give everyone a flavor they love and then change it on them. If pricing for your flavorings is an issue, charge a premium for the flavors that are more expensive for you to make. Like $18.00 for a 1 oz bottle or something. If we like the flavor, we will pay the money to get it again. If we do not want to pay the money, no harm and no loss for you.

I also just want to say, I have heard you talk about us customers like we are idiots, or we do not know to try a new atty or something like that when our juices do not taste right. Give it a rest. Most of us are veteran vapors and do not need a lesson on how to vape. What we do need is our favorite vendor to get back to the original juice flavors we all fell in love with........PLEASE!!!!!

CV

P.S. Just for the record........I have supported you and even went to bat for you here on the forum many times. However, I believe you owe your customers a little more respect than you have shown recently.

shaka55

Jul 7, 2010
hawaii

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Personally, I'm with Geoff and I stated that early on when complaints started showing up on the boards. Take it up with them directly. I'm dripping waffles from a bottle that is about two weeks old and it will be finished in the next few days. I have loved every drag and this isn't my first order.

Also, take some people's responses with a grain of salt. One of them decided to e-mail me to let me know that my classified ad was priced too high because she/he wanted to "help" me make a sale. There's an awful lot of unsolicited and unwanted advice going around these days, IMO. As a TV customer with waffles, TF, AC, BF and more in my current vaping kit, I can say that IF I had an issue, I would go to TV directly first before considering a post on ECF.

The OP's question looking for advice, on the other hand, was a good idea. I think that the thread got hijacked along the way and turned in to something that the OP didn't intend for. Speaking from personal experience, it sucks when that kind of thing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread