• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tampa’s First Vaping and e-Cig Convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalian

Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Saint Petersburg, FL
Yup, also going & also new to vaping (less than 2 weeks and about 3 days since my last cigarette, which great since I've been smoking for about 35 years) I registered for the beginning building class at 1pm and then the advanced building class at 6pm both on Friday, both of which are free and I believe they still have space for some of the classes. I had to take a personal day off to go but I'll be there.

Also Dimitri (the VapinGreek) & Phil Brusardo of tasteyourjuice.com will be there which is kinda cool. And then on Saturday they have a local band, Painkiller, (80s Rock / Metal) playing which will probably be fun but doubt I'll be there for that.

I'll be the guy that no longer has a smoker's cough! :laugh:

Ash

LimeFox

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Florida, USA
I thought the organizers did an awesome job.

However, I think vendors need to up their game a bit (given the newness of this industry, it's not a surprise). Some vendors didn't have enough people working their booths, other vendors didn't have enough knowledgeable people working their booths and many vendors didn't seem to have any general knowledge of the industry -- they knew their product and that was it.

And I came home with ZERO swag. I'm not a huge fan of trash and trinkets, but I did expect a little somethin' somethin', ya know what I mean? :laugh:

JayTater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
tampa fl
A friend of mine had a booth for his shop. He was telling me how much it cost to set up, plus the miscellaneous fees... I can understand why they weren't doing much give-away swag. If it had been on a different weekend, I would have helped out, but Mrs Tater and I were out on a cruise.. Darn scheduling conflicts!

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I thought they did a good job. Thankfully there were a few vendors that had high quality stuff. I was worried it was going to be full of local vendors peddling Chinese juice and cheapo mods. They were there for sure but you could also find some high end stuff as well.
I wanted to say high to Phil Busardo but the poor guy had to stand there for hours while people lined up to take pictures with him. I felt sorry for him because he couldn't just walk around and enjoy himself. The price of fame I guess. Anyhow, I sure hope Derek decides to have Vapestock again this year. Sure it was hot and crowded but the party atmosphere was great. It takes a lot of planning, organization and hard work to put these events on and thank you's are few and far between!
Anyhow, thanks to the people that worked so hard to put on this event!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
The people I spoke with there said they thought it was ok for what it was...but that it wasn't anything like our VapeStock, it lacked the friendship.
I reminded them that VapeStock is more of a celebration of people getting together and this was a convention - different critters.

And of course - they want to know when VapeStock is !!

LimeFox

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Florida, USA
And of course - they want to know when VapeStock is !!

I've been looking for this info and haven't found anything -- do you know what the scoop is?

I wasn't vaping when the last one happened, but I discovered Vapestock on some "history of vaping" page and was startled to see it took place in my backyard, lol. I want to go!

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Dereck and Laurel do the vast majority of the work involved to put on Vapestock. Some of us "locals" need to step up and offer some help. The biggest problem is that we outgrow the venue every year. I'll start some serious begging to Dereck, but I just wish we could keep the party atmosphere. This will be difficult because Vapestock 4 would probably attract at least 1,500-2,000 people, maybe a lot more!

penstyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2009
FL
Found some juice I liked but could not buy it or get a free sample unless you liked them on facebook.
No facebook here. That is entirely there decision but think I won't be buying it because of that.
People were just showing up to the booth saying "whats the deal", "liking" them and walking away with 30ml bottle. Guess the "likes" were more important than actual customers ready to purchase.

I will DIY sometime in the future then vendors will not have to worry about building relationships with customers. Give them more time to count their "Likes" LOL. :laugh:

Mstbleu

Nov 26, 2013
Tampa, FL
Dereck and Laurel do the vast majority of the work involved to put on Vapestock. Some of us "locals" need to step up and offer some help. The biggest problem is that we outgrow the venue every year. I'll start some serious begging to Dereck, but I just wish we could keep the party atmosphere. This will be difficult because Vapestock 4 would probably attract at least 1,500-2,000 people, maybe a lot more!

I'd gladly volunteer my time! Just say when and where. I've been "converting" folks left and right at work and it's getting so that the smoking section is now the vaping section. I love it!

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
I'm really hoping there is a VapeStock 2014 in the Tampa area, but it's not looking good. I'm usually in the Tampa area (my hometown) for the months of April & May, just missing VapeStock. I scheduled my time in Florida this year for May & June for the purpose of going to VapeStock in June. Anyone have an update... I'm not holding my breath.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread