SXK's self-branded TC mod - Nebula 50/60; TC with TCR adjustment; Big Screen; C/F temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
This looks almsot identical to the hana modz 4DS that they announced the other week - I'm thinking they've dropped the hana modz branding (trademarked) and have released their first own-branded mod.

Either way, bravo! This is the second cloner company now releasing their own brand mod. Once again it's pretty similar to a main-brand device, but at least it has their name and their brand on it.

All I can see so far is:
  • 50W and 60W
  • Single battery
  • Large screen - showing Ω, Watts, Volts, Temp simultaneously
  • SXK's new chip/board featuring Nickel Purity
  • What is Nickel Purity? It's an awesome new feature that is basically a Temperature Coefficient of Resistance scale - meaning you can easily TC vape on wires other than Ni200, such as Titanium, Stainless Steel and Resistherm NiFe30
  • Unfortunately we also know that, at the current time, all SXK chip mods have chronic low resistance issues - but SXK are now investigating this so a fix is, I hope imminent.
    • And in any case, Nickel Purity can be used to adjust for the low resistance, and I made a Spreadsheet Calculator to do just that - again much more info in above thread.

Now listed on FastTech : $63.66 SXK Nebula Styled VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 1*18650 / 1-60W / brass / w/ temperature control at FastTech

XxevdPNl.png
aZ5gZXDl.jpg

l2FecAFl.jpg
kt31aVBl.png

Last edited:

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
ETA?
Couldn't find anything.

Not sure yet, I'm speaking to SXK about some other stuff so will ask them in the morning. I seem to remember that when they listed this as a Hana they were saying it would come during June so I'd guess not more than a couple of weeks

Reactions: Azarias

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Edited the first post to elaborate on why Nickel Purity is so awesome (using wires other than Ni200 for TC vaping), and also to elaborate on the low resistance issues this might might still have when it's released.

But given it's not coming out for a couple of weeks, and SXK are now actively investigating the low resistance, there is now hope it might be fixed in time for the full release of this mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread