Status
Not open for further replies.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
My personal experience, once they buckle (stretch), they are done for (the gasket). Some I have no problems with and others just won't behave. Ever try those other boro size tanks like the SXK Unitank? They make things so much easir

My personal experience, once they buckle (stretch), they are done for (the gasket). Some I have no problems with and others just won't behave. Ever try those other boro size tanks like the SXK Unitank? They make things so much easier

My personal experience, once they buckle (stretch), they are done for (the gasket). Some I have no problems with and others just won't behave. Ever try those other boro size tanks like the SXK Unitank? They make things so much easier.
I'll look into the Unitank, I have some of the pcpg doors with the silicone plug on them on the way but if I can't get the gasket to behave they are no good

• Optimistic
Reactions: BillW50

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
1667088957462.png

This is the earlier version

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
My personal experience, once they buckle (stretch), they are done for (the gasket). Some I have no problems with and others just won't behave. Ever try those other boro size tanks like the SXK Unitank? They make things so much easier.
Agreed. I've always been super careful with the borosilicate glass doors but like you say- once the gasket stretches it's kaput. No resurrection possible.
The SXK Unitank is a winner. Typical SXK practicality.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Most here have one or most likely more. IMO one of the great bridges out there. But you never here a word about them. I'm thinking about digging one out and throwing a build in it.
Yes I'm talking about the modified Kanger Sub-tank RBA.
'
I've got a couple but never tried them. Maybe I should. What type of build do they like best?

Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I just got up for work, when I checked my email I had an offer from ProVapesUK for 5% off, I caved. A silver SXK DNA60 Ionbox on the way.
I had my eye on another boro style AIO called the Suicide Mods Stubby AIO. I missed out on the first run and they were gone in hours anyway. Second run came out 2 months later which was yesterday at VaperzCloud. Suicide Mods (UK) should get their shipment soon. You had to be fast since they were all sold out in 3 hours. Board has a 3 year warranty too and uses screws instead of solder to make connections.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I had my eye on another boro style AIO called the Suicide Mods Stubby AIO. I missed out on the first run and they were gone in hours anyway. Second run came out 2 months later which was yesterday at VaperzCloud. Suicide Mods (UK) should get their shipment soon. You had to be fast since they were all sold out in 3 hours. Board has a 3 year warranty too and uses screws instead of solder to make connections.
From the reviews I've seen, they look really well designed and built. That giant super-boro RDTA looks interesting too.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Are those Stubby AIO hard to find there too Pigs? And yes, I like to try out that Stubby boro too. Since all of the reviews like many other reviews doesn't test TC mode, I'm curious if it does a good job. Probably the first thing that I am going to try with a regular boro. Then that Stubby boro. ;)

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Got spares? If not, Fasttech has them. How do they break? Like in half or something?
I had a full box with a Kanger Subtank RBA and proceeded to remove it. The 510 nut pulled the chimney out of the top of the chamber. I quickly headed to the bathroom sink and dumped the Boro out and I think the glass hit the sink stopper,
The bottom corner area broke, the glass was in it's up position.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
1667310966630.png

I can't get this to work to my satisfaction. It hits temp and throttles way down. I'm using same mod, same juice, same coil etc.. The coil is kind of high in respect to the cutouts on the chamber. I'm thinking it has to do with the length of the wick tails. I have tried many times. I am not a beginner. I have given up and replaced it with an Insider (styled). In the pile it goes. It does work well at lesser power levels, I really wanted to master this one.
Edit: my deal is 45 watts for .7 seconds then 35 watts @ 430F

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread