Standard 510 vs. standard 306??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burto1945

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Springfield, IL
Hi all--

So I've tried the 510, 901, LR510, LR901 and LR306. I'm a big fan of the LRs, but I'll be getting another high volt mod soon, and wanted to know people's opinions on the standard 306 atty. People are going crazy over the LR306, but I haven't heard much talk about the standard 306. How would you compare it to a reg 510, and are there any differences between different manufacturers/vendors for the 306? Where do you recommend I order from? Thanks for any help or opinions on the matter.

Jimbo52

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Chicago
The 306 has an exposed bridge (same with the 40x attys) which made it difficult to use without a cart or just 'dipping'; however, it does produce a cloud of vapor. Now that there are Drip-Tips for the 306, it's a whole new ball game. I drip it using a 3.7v device (currently have it on an Ego battery w/o the cone) and love the nice warm vapor it produces. Tried it on my V2 at 5v. but it burns way too hot for my taste. Even at 3.7v, you hear the atty "sizzle" as soon as you hit the button.

Bottom line; I use the 306 on my 3.7v devices (along with LR cartos) and 510 HV attys on my V2.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Hi all--

So I've tried the 510, 901, LR510, LR901 and LR306. I'm a big fan of the LRs, but I'll be getting another high volt mod soon, and wanted to know people's opinions on the standard 306 atty. People are going crazy over the LR306, but I haven't heard much talk about the standard 306. How would you compare it to a reg 510, and are there any differences between different manufacturers/vendors for the 306? Where do you recommend I order from? Thanks for any help or opinions on the matter.

I just bought a few regular 306's out of curiosity.

Who knows what I'll find :)

Jimbo52

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Chicago
Jimbo52 - Thanks for link.

Why don't you have Veteran Status? You are over a year.

That's a question for the Moderators! Might have something to due with the # of posts. I'm working on "returning something" to the community, now that I am SURE I'm tobacco free!! (H3ll; I just found 4 humidors of Cuban and Dominican cigars from the old days and I was afraid to even light one for fear of backsliding. I did; however, put one in a coffee grinder and mixed it with PG to start a DIY project :laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread