Spring loaded center pin question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Well I guess my first question is what did you use to press down on it with? Not sure that it matters but I wouldnt use anything metallic just in case.

Next question would be, did your test produce the desired results? Does it in fact have a spring loaded center pin?(it should)

Finally, are you experiencing any issues with the device?

@defdock The Maraxus has a spring loaded pin, as does the Hammer. Im sure there are more in existence. I will say that the Maraxus was a terrible experience for me, I kept getting a hot switch and after about a day of tinkering with it I decided it was better as a display item in my collection. It hasnt been used since.*

*Edit:
Both are mechs, the Hammer was decent but I needed to reinforce the spring in the center pin to reduce the voltage drop. It would indeed be bad to tinker with a pin in a mech that had a battery in it though.

Last edited:

Benjamin89

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Well I guess my first question is what did you use to press down on it with? Not sure that it matters but I wouldnt use anything metallic just in case.

Next question would be, did your test produce the desired results? Does it in fact have a spring loaded center pin?(it should)

Finally, are you experiencing any issues with the device?

@defdock The Maraxus has a spring loaded pin, as does the Hammer. Im sure there are more in existence. I will say that the Maraxus was a terrible experience for me, I kept getting a hot switch and after about a day of tinkering with it I decided it was better as a display item in my collection. It hasnt been used since.
I used a q-tip. There was give to it so it is spring loaded. No effect on performance which is fine. Just making sure that what i did wouldn't damage it in the long run. Don't plan on doing it again now that i know it is indeed spring loaded

Benjamin89

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Let me get this straight....you attacked your mod with a Q-tip because you didn't trust the manufacturer. You are a dangerous fellow. :lol:
Yeah i don't think pushing LIGHTLY with a Q-TIP on the center pin is "attacking" the mod. Guess you'd be the type to call the cops if i threw a piece of paper or a cotton ball at you

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Yeah i don't think pushing LIGHTLY with a Q-TIP on the center pin is "attacking" the mod. Guess you'd be the type to call the cops if i threw a piece of paper or a cotton ball at you

Touché :)

I enjoyed the 'attacking' comment very much.

We enjoy some silliness on here most days. Keeps us all smiling. Nice posts @Benjamin89 and @Smoke_too_much

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015

Come on....admit it...you gouged at it with Q-tip!!! Poor mod never stood a chance did it?!

:lol::thumb:

Reactions: Eskie

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

You should see the last guy that dared to throw some Sally's Rayon at me. I think he can finally vape again, but it took him a while. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread