So apparently I need to quit vaping

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Bomb, I would continue the Nic level over an anxiety drug any day.
Wife weaned off of those drugs... It was a miserable time for Her (and me). Very addictive and the 'going off' effects are a miserable sight.
That’s very possible. That was the advantage of nicotine. The dose is variable. Fill in those humps and valleys. doubt it’s much worse than quitting nicotine though.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Am I mistaken or not...
tobacco Co's were buying into the e-cig market like the pods that aren't refillable?
I was hoping with the power that Big tobacco would influence E-cig use, since they were getting vested in it. This partially protects us e-cig users. I have to wonder how bad legislation might be IF they didn't do so, By that I mean the ACS, FDA, ALA, other Org's might have slammed the door shut on us IF tobacco hadn't stepped in.
So inadvertently Tobacco has helped us in this matter. That doesn't excuse the harm done.
But your point is correct.

Also "halted research'' IS a big issue wether Tobacco, D3 studies and polls, and a number of other research grants that were showing positive results.
Seems some good people start certain research projects and they get shut down. I personally believe the whole of Cancers would have been solved with honest research but those studies evaporate. After all, there's BIG Dollars in the Big "C".
Think how many Med Co's would go under IF cancers were cured. Instead they spend research $$'s on drugs to prolong life instead of curing the problem to begin with.
Ivermectin is a good example of a (possible) cure if taken on a regular basis. I kinda think IF everyone did so, the 'C' rate would drop by 90+%. But at $.16c a pill,(I purchase it out of India) it doesn't stand a chance in the research arena.

So we as a People need to be on top of things without the aid of the Medical Society. They are just not trained or taught these things in Med School.
My memory is the way it worked was the cigarette companies came up with what at the time was a decent disposable, but they farted around with the marketing for like 5 years and when it finally came out it was more-or-less laughed at. It was 5 years out of date. So the cigarette companies instead bought other companies instead. They may be focusing on disposables. It is by far the least efficient and therefore the most expensive and thus profitable segment after all. I don’t know though. Disposables are almost entirely the abused market though. If you get a disposable confiscated you’re not out all that much, but get an atty with a decent mod confiscated and you could easy be out over $100. Disposables are like crypto. Most useful for illegal things even though they aren’t totally useless for legal stuff.

Last edited:

TheSingularity

Jan 26, 2024
Oregon, U.S.
My memory is the way it worked was the cigarette companies came up with what at the time was a decent disposable, but they farted around with the marketing for like 5 years and when it finally came out it was more-or-less laughed at. It was 5 years out of date. So the cigarette companies instead bought other companies instead. They may be focusing on disposables. It is by far the least efficient and therefore the most profitable segment after all. I don’t know though. Disposables are almost entirely the abused market though. If you get a disposable confiscated you’re not out all that much, but get an atty with a decent mod confiscated and you could easy be out over $100. Disposables are like crypto. Most useful for illegal things even though they aren’t totally useless for legal stuff.
Why do I feel like I've read this before, perhaps in this thread?

no|ah

Dec 11, 2023
Connecticut, USA
I suspect it’s time to add an anti-anxiety drug.
By any chance do you consume a lot of caffeine?

I want to throw it out there in case maybe it'll help: I was able to forgo asking my doctor for anxiety meds (and blood pressure meds) and ~fix my anxiety (and my blood pressure) by cutting down on coffee. (Specifically by switching from coffee to tea, thereby reducing caffeine intake and adding theanine intake, a relaxant, which is a nice bonus).

One could argue the caffeine >> anxiety link is common sense (and it probably is), but certainly I wish someone had mentioned it to me a long time ago. When you've been consuming tons of caffeine for decades (as I was) it's easy to overlook, and just assume you're an anxious person.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Just to add a differential perspective, my grandfather worked in welding and pipefitting building trades all his life, and passed of/enduring alzheimer's/dementia around 70, with it only beginning around age 60-65. Is this evidence that welding fumes help prevent onset of dementia/alzheimer's?
I was momentarily exited by puppet building. I got a sister who’s really into that. Pipefitting makes a lot more sense though.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Lol. I was hoping nobody would notice that edit! Heavy Metal puppeteering might be profitable. I'd sure as heck give it a shot.
For her it’s a sickness. The only muppet to ever be thrown away and dug out of a dumpster was so trashed it was barely recognizable as such. It went up for auction on eBay. My sister dropped out at 5k. (It finally went for several times that) waaaay more than I would spend on a junk puppet.

TheSingularity

Jan 26, 2024
Oregon, U.S.
For her it’s a sickness. The only muppet to ever be thrown away and dug out of a dumpster was so trashed it was barely recognizable as such. It went up for auction on eBay. My sister dropped out at 5k. (It finally went for several times that) waaaay more than I would spend on a junk puppet.
In fairness, one could have far worse addictions - specifically, ones which leave you unable to bid 5k.

Myself? I don't waste money on anything I can't use or consume. I'll still enjoy a nice whole beef tenderloin (in chunks at a time) , or buy a 80-year-old knife every once in a while.

Attachments

• 20240126_222740.jpg
    20240126_222740.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240126_222756.jpg
    20240126_222756.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

TheSingularity

Jan 26, 2024
Oregon, U.S.
Someone very dear to me was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's in her 50's. She used to be very smart & very beautiful. She was a light smoker at one time but gave it up in her mid-20's. I couldn't help but wonder if she'd have been better off if she'd kept smoking. It's all so sad.
If she's still around, I wish her well.

• Love
Reactions: MLEJ

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    5, 4.5, 4, 3.75, 3.5 3.25, 3, 2.75, 2.5, 2.25, 2

I really don't think it needs to be THAT gradual. You're body prolly can never tell if your vaping 3 or 2.75 nor can you ever be that exact in mixing anyhow, whether you use a scale or syringes or any other analog method. Drop 1mg at a time and stick with each level for a couple or three months.

Also how much nic a person gets from a cigarettes has no bearing on your situation. You've been vaping for years now at Xmg and now you have to scale it down to quit - that's all that matters. Whether your current mg level is more or less than a cig, a pack or a carton makes no difference.

Last edited:

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    I really don't think it needs to be THAT gradual. You're body prolly can never tell if your vaping 3 or 2.75 nor can you ever be that exact in mixing anyhow, whether you use a scale or syringes or any other analog method. Drop 1mg at a time and stick with each level for a couple or three months.

Also how much nic a person gets from a cigarettes has no bearing on your situation. You've been vaping for years now at Xmg and now you have to scale it down to quit - that's all that matters. Whether your current mg level is more or less than a cig, a pack or a carton makes no difference.
    Well you do need equipment that is accurate to .1ml. A food scale generally is.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    By any chance do you consume a lot of caffeine?

I want to throw it out there in case maybe it'll help: I was able to forgo asking my doctor for anxiety meds (and blood pressure meds) and ~fix my anxiety (and my blood pressure) by cutting down on coffee. (Specifically by switching from coffee to tea, thereby reducing caffeine intake and adding theanine intake, a relaxant, which is a nice bonus).

One could argue the caffeine >> anxiety link is common sense (and it probably is), but certainly I wish someone had mentioned it to me a long time ago. When you've been consuming tons of caffeine for decades (as I was) it's easy to overlook, and just assume you're an anxious person.
    I don’t. Caffeine is good for addhd, which I’ve also got a problem with, but it degrades in efficiency fast so I save it for when I really need it.

Reactions: no|ah

ShinyManG

Unresolved Status
    Feb 2, 2024
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Users who are viewing this thread