SmokeStik Ultra (eGo style) beta test thread.....post your findings here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Ok feel free to leave your findings here, chit chat about the tanks, compare notes....it's all good. Here's a sneak preview of what the product will look like. let me know what you think. Everyone that participated will be getting a 50% off coupon code once the product arrives for an Ultra Kit. Don't hold me to this but I think current pricing has them set at under $40 Target date for release is July 1st Cheers!!

Ultrabatteries.jpg

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Just received it, Thanks Again!

First fill seems to be good, am vaping 11'Oclock Coffee Blend, 50/50, 24mg nicotine.

After the first fill, priming the coil with a few drops of juice & allowing to sit a few minutes, vapes good & no burnt taste. Am going to run some errands & carry it with me. My experience with new tanks has been, the more they're used, the better the flavor & vape production.

Looks very identical, though slightly lighter, to a KangerTech EVOD that I currently have, though the bottom is different. Unique in the fact that it's easier to remove, due to the ridged, rather than slick, surface area. That's a plus in itself.

Will report back after the first top off.

Cat

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
No VV yet....this is our first foray away from the cigalike so we are taking it one step at a time to make sure everything is right. Like Cat just mentioned it is patterned after the Evod but it IS different in several ways. She just noticed a couple of them so I'm happy about that. Here is another battery style....I'll be working on 3 more today.....please feel free to let me know what you (anyone) thinks of the different looks.

ultrabat_vertA.jpg

NicksCloud

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
USA
  • Deleted by lorikay13
  • Reason: see post #11

yasmin817

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Hopewell, NJ, USA

Sitting pretty on my 1300 spinner, just came in today. That was fast!! Filled it up with a mango smoothie 20PG/80VG. So far so good, but need to play around a bit before I write a full review. BTW, what qualifies as a "detailed review" to be eligible for the kit prize? As much as I'd love to make a video, I have no idea how, but I can write!

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
5.) How long does the tank last for you? The best way to measure this is to document when you use it and write down the times - longevity is important for this test.

Great set of gudelines!

On #5, wait until after one refill to measure, many will use more the first time. The coil will soak enough for a few draws alone, required for smooth operation of the tank. Plus the establishing of flavor/vape production, on a tank of this size, it will take a refill to see. I can already tell a difference to the positive side on that end.

Just refilled mine an hour or so ago, have been vaping on it more so than my others today.

So far, go good.....

Like Cat just mentioned it is patterned after the Evod but it IS different in several ways. She just noticed a couple of them

That's He, not She :) ....hey none of us are perfect. Though there's been others whom thinks I'm female because my nickname is Cat. No problem.

Cat

Last edited by a moderator:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
It's ok to be camera shy.....and a written review is fine. However, when I made the initial offer of some free kits there were no guidlines posted and I fully expected most people to just give me general findings...that actually tells alot more than you would think and it's much more valid in my opinion. If all 25 of you follow Nicks posted guidelines I will NOT be able to give away 25 free kits.

Nick, I appreciate all the effort you have already put into our little test but in reality I actually DID just want peoples off the cuff reactions. We have other test groups that are providing scientific detailed results and what I wanted from ECF was more organic, unguided results. I never intended to provide people with a script to follow. Again I really do appreciate your efforts and in the future I would love to have your permission to reproduce your guidelines for other beta tests. It's just this particular time that wasn't what we wanted. I hope you will forgive me for deleting your post.

So, in closing here is the offer that still stands. Two full kits will be awarded to the two reviews that our engineers find most useful. Everyone else will receive a 50% coupon just for participating as long as you tell me something honest. Good or bad, it does not matter. It's all useful. I apologize if using the term "beta test" caused any confusion..

Last edited:

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
Ok So my first impression of the tank was very good based on the look and feel of the clearo. I would how ever would like to see a black drip tip vs the clear, to much condensation showing.

I used this clearo on 3 different batteries. first was an ego c-twist, then a 650mah ego battery, and then the itaste mvp 2.0 (I wanted to see what the ohms was on the coil :) ) with a peach flavor 60vg 40pg lots of vapor and taste, however I did not like the draw. To airy for me. had to put my finger over an air hole to get the draw that was more comfortable for me. I did noticed very small air bubbles in the tank. and they did not go away.

I did use a thicker juice today, "the virus" 65pg 35vg at first fill up there was plenty of vapor but hardly any taste. however once the tank got down to 1/2 full it seemed like the coil broke in and then instant flavor.

I did have a very extensive note taking down and was going to write, but it would of been a couple pages long, so I made my test results shorter :).

Over all I do like the tank, it's light and there is a very good balance between the long battery of the ego c-twist 1300mah so you can hold the devise like a cig or a cigar easily. even better feel with the 650mah battery. Very good looking with the all stainless steel look.

As far as giving a result on how long the coil will last someone, it all depends on the care one gives. As far as how long the juice will last, that too all depends on the vape style of the individual, and what devise they are using it on.

On a scale of 1-10 I would give this a 10 on the ease of filling and cleaning, and changing out the coil if need be.

newtanksteel.jpg

nnglas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok. So here is my first review of anything ever, lol. So bare with me.

I received my tank 2 days ago and was very excited to fill and use. I used this tank with an ego twist and a spinner. I used Sinister Liquids Mimosa 16mg and Halo Sub Zero 24mg. I'm not sure of the Pg/Vg for either brand.

So my first impressions is that it looks like the evod clearo, but better in the stainless steel because it looks sort of blingy.

In the beginning, the first few puffs it seemed as if the flavors were muted. After about 3 puffs it was perfect. The first few puffs were also really airy, however as I continued it got increasingly better. I got very good, clean flavor and there were no dry hits. Also with Subzero if I turn my twist too high I get a burnt taste but with this one I tank I could max out and it was great!!

I've had no issues thus far with this tank. As a matter if fact I think this tank is easier to fill because the well between the tube and the sides seems to be bigger. It's easier to get the dropper from glass bottles on the side of the tank. You don't accidentally get juice in the middle, so you don't necessarily have to use the needle nose bottles.

So, I think this is a great clearo, I'd buy it. It's is simple in that it simply get the job done.

Well, that's the end if my first review on anything. Hope it was ok. Thanks for the opportunity to try your new product!

Vape On!

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
Ok so I used it all day. Once the wick broke in it was vaping like a champ. I was actually getting large clouds of vapor and pretty good flavor. Refilling was easy and I like the shape of the drip tip better than the other clearos I've been using (Kangers). I was surprised I didn't get any gurgling or dry hits which is pretty common.

If I could change anything it would be a solid colored drip tip or removable. Like was mentioned I hate seeing the condensation and the draw was a bit too airy for my liking. I would eliminate on the air holes.

Other than that I think it's a great clearo.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Have finally used the tank for a full 24 hours after the first fill, and I have to honestly state, this is a great little tank. Produces lots of vapor, even though my 11O'Clock Coffee Blend, 50/50 is considered one of the thicker blends.

As of yet no scorched taste, even after much chain vaping. Am vaping it on a brand new 1300mah ego style battery that was hand delivered on Thursday, so if it's going to scorch, it'll be soon, because it's being pushed to the limit. Flavor has now surpassed that of my Astro clone, felt that I could review it better by vaping the e-juice on two devices, to have something to compare it to.

Refilled tank has lasted much longer than the initial fill, was what I expected,& posted such on the prior page.

Really nice vapor production in such a small package. If one wants a tighter draw, And BTW, the coil is replaceable if needed. I checked that when it first arrived, Don't know what the ohm level of this coil is, but wished like crazy that I could reproduce it, for all of the flavor & production it has. For the most part I rebuild my spent coils,

At this stage, unless something really dad were to happen, I'd have to say this is my Best mini tank

Will review again in a couple of days.

Cat

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
I must say this is turning out to be a very good tank. I'm getting used to the airy draw. Almost done with a third refill, 2 of the fills being "The Virus" it is a very sweet juice and the coil seems to be holding up very well. Still lots of vapor and flavor, holding at 2.5ohms. I'm holding off on doing a good cleaning/dry burn, Want to see how long this coil will hold up :)

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
The Ultra tank has arrived, been filled, and testing is underway.

First impressions.

Looks like an EVOD but is not as airy. Easy to file and so far no leaking or gurgles..
Taste is even better than an EVOD.
Doing some NicQuid Day Break, 6mg, pg/vg unknown.

Will report back tomorrow after a refill or two.

So far I am liking this new tank.

I put it on a Kanger EVOD battery, will switch to a Vision Spinner for 2nd fill.

Thanks for the chance to try this tank out.

dshgr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Western Maryland
At first glance it looks like a Kanger Evod clone. I gave away all of my Evods so I can’t do a side-by-side comparison. I see it has a single coil.

I filled the tank with a DIY juice of Flavor West Blush Chablis mixed at 15% to achieve a 60/40 PG/VG mix at 6mg/ml nic.

I checked the ohms on my MVP (2.6), primed it and then put it on my 1300mah eGo-c Twist set to 3.7 volts. I noticed your Ultra line does not have variable voltage.

Flavor and vapor production is good. I didn't get that silica taste when I first started using it. I am a chain vaper and I got a dry hit once in a while. So far no gurgling. The draw is less airy than my Aerotank which I run full open.

The knurled bottom makes it easier than the Evod to get it on and off the battery and I will probably be less likely to unscrew the tank from the bottom piece (and spill liquid) when removing it from the battery.

I don't like plastic drip tips so I wish this one was removable.

Overall I think it is a good tank, maybe a little better than the Evod.

If I have anything to add after using it for a few days, I’ll edit this review.

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
ok a full day of testing this baby out. My first impressions are above and today this little guy was put through the ringer. Ok, I have done 3 tankful on her. Started this am with a Vision Spinner. I ran her from 3.6 volts up to 4.3 without any loss of flavor. Then I put her on a Cool Fire 1 which runs at an 8.5 watts and again, she did awesome. Final test was on a Vamo V5 and got her up to 15 watts and still my juice tasted warm but still good, no burning at all. I have to say, I want this coil!!!!

The tank again as I said looks like an EVOD but easier to fill with juice. It could use a different color drip tip or removable drip tip. Clear shows the water build up, which again to me was not that bad. Never got juice in my mouth.
The Coils are to die for. never got a kanger coil to go through 4 different juices and up to 15 watts and not burn or gunk up.
One BIG note, I never got any flooding or gurgling at all and I tried to get both, without over doing it.

Ok the juices I used today.

Leprechaun's Gold, 12mg, 40/60 mix light gold liquid
Cuppa Jolt, 12mg, mix unknown a coffee flavor
Elysian Fields, 12 mg unknown mix, darkish fruit flavors
and Finally the forth tanks for the day, Nomad, 6mg. 40/60 mix, dark NET tobacco.

I figured this one would be the one to gunk up my coils a bit but so far, still hitting like new.

again, I want some of these coils!!!

Ok, my meter shows the coil I have is a 2.5.

When this baby ever breaks down, you know I will take the coil apart and see whats , what.
I wonder how long the coil will last.
I have not cleaned or run under water between tanks to further see how the coil handled different juices on top of each other.
Each new tankful handled the new taste very good after the first couple of mixed hits, then by the third hit, the new flavor was there in full..

Ok, if you decide to sell this unit by itself, I would be temped to buy it as along as I can order lots of the coils, in fact, I would order the coils period. if they end up being universal to both kanger and smok, I would buy a gross..

Great tank, awesome coil. good job Smoke Stik. I wish this was my starter kit when I began. Would have been a lot of less trouble.

sorry for the out of content, over worded review.

in short.
Where was this tank and coil when I started???

It is good enough to be used by me now with my bigger, bolder tanks..

thanks you for the chance to test out, what turned out to be a awesome tank and coil..

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
After 3 days & as many fills, this is a really great tank, excellent flavor & vapor production & the fills aren't as often between as I thought they would be, another plus.

One thing that I did notice but forget to include in my initial review & this is another positive, the inclusion of a short chimney on top of the coil. This helps to reduce times between refills, most of these tanks has long ones, fortunately for my other two small ones, I had some from other coils & placed them on when rebuilding.

Actually that was one of the first things that I looked for, though would have tested what was there, was glad it's an OEM inclusion. On short tanks such as this, these are preferable.

As to the vape, this tank on my new 1300mah ego-c device produces more than the DPure PuriTank on my Astro clone & is more flavorful. That was unexpected, because that mod/tank combo cost over $50, plus batteries. However, bigger doesn't always mean better & though I thought a "real" mod, so to speak, would by my "go to" device, instead prefer the ego devices.

Just to see, I attached the beta tank to the Astro clone, there is a difference between the two, I believe it's the batteries of the mod, those are 1100mah (& degrading), the 1300mah ego device is new, the ego device does produce more.

Still no scorching, even though i was told that 50/50 is thick, there's so far no signs of burnt taste, though like all others, at some point the coil will need changing, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. The KangerTech EVOD that I have that's similar, that coil is the only one that I've had that through two thirds of a 30ml bottle of e-juice, is still running the OEM coil, though I did have to replace the flavor wick laying above the coil. However, it's 70PG/30VG. My local distributor told me this was normal for a coil to last so long with that blend.

This is a fantastic tank & will keep reporting, as I promised. Hope to see more of the other 24 winners do the same, beta testing can be be fun. Much different than software testing, which I do all the time........lots of work indeed.

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread