Smoke Vivi Nova rebuilding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sue7777

Feb 28, 2013
MD
If i posted in the wrong place, sorry, I don't see where to post my question...maybe someone could put it in the right place
I have just been cruising the threads for about 4 months and vaping since Feb.

I got onto Smoktech vivi nova mini's and have been rebuilding them pretty successfully. I use kanthal wire and cotton wick.

My question is; do most clearomizers with this type of head come with the rubber grommet that starts to taste bleh! ?
I just got an Evod and after about an hour i get a nasty taste. Same with the Vision vivi's and some of the older vivi mini's with the flat (not conical) metal piece on the top

The smoktech vivi's I get, which seem to be the newer ones, have the conical top and what I think is a silicone rubber grommet holding the +/- wires. These I have no problem with the taste and I have rebuilt them countless times with no taste. Every clearomizer that I rebuild that has the "rubbery" grommet starts to taste well...like burnt rubber! I've tried lower and higher ohms, doesn't seem to matter. Even starting with a new silica wick that comes with it.

Thanks

sue7777

Feb 28, 2013
MD
I realize I'm not using the best rebuildable but have what most would be considered an advanced knowledge of electronics. Have multimeter know how to use it and have soldered circuit boards and was computer repair for 15 years so I would welcome input on a better rebuildable. It's a big job sorting through all the posts and gets confusing. (or point me to a thread that's not a year or so old)
I really don't like having to constantly refill one either.
Thanks much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread